MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

Will Honda introduce a CBR250RR ?

Will Honda introduce a CBR250RR ? - Forums [Biker Match] Will Honda introduce a CBR250RR ? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

Will Honda introduce a CBR250RR ?

Honda may be planning a baby-sportsbike for the European market as a bike for new and less experienced licence holders. If introduced, the CBR250RR could be brought to Europe next year, after first being introduced in Japan.

Honda could use the 250cc motor from the CRF motocrosser, model in an aluminium chassis, adapted for road riding. Honda could also use the v-twin engine from the VTR250. We can only hope Honda introduce a rival for Kawasaki's Ninja 250R and get some competition going to produce appealing 250s to get more young riders into biking.

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 02/11/2009 00:12  

Anything that attracts newcomers to biking has to be a good idea. Economics is the problem. They need to sell enough to make it worthwhile. 250's also make good commuters.

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 02/11/2009 00:16  

Well maybe I'll get a buyer for my bike (Kwak 250 on classified forum)) if they become more popular, as it is learners can't legally ride 'em and full licence holders don't want 'em.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 02/11/2009 00:21  

Arnt they getting rid of the 250 this year from GP. Would have thought a 400 would be more sellable

Update Reply
micksaway @ 02/11/2009 04:21  

CBR250 and 400 have been around for years. Ireland got them imported as did the rest of Europe but we like our big bikes so Honda never bothered. Shame really because the tri arm and later gull arm 400's were some of the nicest bikes I ever rode. The 250 was mental. Revved to something like 18000rpm and sounded like an F1 car. Suzuki also made a 250 and 400 GSXR, Kwaker did 250 versions of the ZXR (which were the first proddie bikes to have upsidedown forks)

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 02/11/2009 07:41  

if its gonna be like a race bike...is it the right kind of bike to attract new riders ??? just putting anothert point to the debate !!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/11/2009 08:27  

Depends who they're trying to attract. When we were kids (ok a while back ) everyone aspired to an FS1-E. But we'd have sold our grannies for something that looked like the latest YZF125 Yamaha's. A decent 250 ought to be a better bet than a 600 supersports, for someone who's new to biking.

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 02/11/2009 10:14  

My Virago 250 is great. Light enough to lift up the back step and again into the shed. Great around town or commuting and corners brilliantly. Could do with a little more oomph going up hills so cars and lorries don't get up my arse. I would like a bigger bike but as I am riddled with arthritis don't think it would be a good idea.

Update Reply
LINDAJ @ 02/11/2009 19:13  

Also, have looked at the Kawasaki ER5, Honda CB500 and Suzuki GS500, but I need to have my knees and legs forward. So looks like it has to be a Harley aargh

Update Reply
LINDAJ @ 02/11/2009 19:21  

honda should bring out the 250 six and stop messing about propper race bike that !!!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 02/11/2009 19:25  

have to agree with lindaj, after I passed my test I had a el 250. cos i'm vertically challenged it was great for me, just abit sluggish at picking up. was pursuaded to move on to an er5- a "womans bike" .....big mistake!!! didn't like how it handled & struggled to put my feet down properly dropped it 3 times & it knocked my confidence. a new 250 honda baby sports bike would be ideal for someone like me, right height & confidence builder with abit more umpf!

Update Reply
mandi jay @ 02/11/2009 19:26  

I agree Rob, economics is the problem - if it's there to attract interest from newcomers into the biking community, a lot of newcomers don't have the income to buy as well as maintain a bike, they may be in uni, in a poorly paid job or just not be working - it could encourage them into bad debt habits which is no good for Honda. Honda have, like a lot of businesses, done well to survive the recession when so many big businesses have gone down the pan. Is this the right time to be bringing into the frying pan, a bike that probably won't sell that well ? Personally I believe that a lot of newcomers will go for a bigger bike like a 600, once they have passed. A lot of the newer smaller bikes look like race bikes but don't have the power behind them that a race bike does. I like Suzuki's 250 mini B-King, nice compromise, good looking too. Kawazaki's Ninja 250 looks great too

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 02/11/2009 19:31  

Pretty sure that Honda would have looked at the feasability (finacially) of introducing this bike onto the market before making a decision to go ahead with it.

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 03/11/2009 12:12  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email