MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Racing

Gold Cup 09

Gold Cup 09 - Forums [Biker Match] Gold Cup 09 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Racing /

Gold Cup 09

Hi all - 1st post. I am off to watch the Gold Cup at Olivers Mount in Scarborough this weekend. Anyone else going or been before - First time I have been there - cant wait ;-) Ian

Update Reply
Throttle Jockey @ 17/09/2009 18:11  

hey Ian from another Ian in a near by area to you........whats the Gold cup ?????Is that not a chocolate bar thats not made anymore ???????

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/09/2009 18:13  

Oliver's Mounts great, can highly recommned it with several brilliant viewing points around the road. I've been several times over the years, if you choose the open exposed areas make sure you have something to keep the elements off, it gets very windy up there even in summer months. Wish I was going now, so much going on at the mo, so little funds to do it :-(

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 17/09/2009 18:20  

Just a few tips for viewing, Druries hairpin, the windy bit up top, is great for getting close up shots of the bikes and riders; and Jeffries Jump is a great bit, the bikes get such a speed going down there that they literally take off or wheelie over it, brill !! Obviously the start and finish line is great because you get to see all the action down there, enjoy

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 17/09/2009 18:40  

Mmmmmmm golden cup ............... really want one now

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 17/09/2009 20:54  

Hi Ian you will have a great time there as its a very narrow track in most places, lots of trees with bales of hay on (safty first ) . Like nut said rap up warm very exposed at the good viewing places but loads of fun........Enjoy

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/09/2009 01:42  

:-) cheers for confirming B ;) brrrrrr

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 18/09/2009 02:04  

Nut will confirm..........great event even if you freeze you will get a Rudolph nose..................... result !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 18/09/2009 02:13  

It must be the hardest track in Britain to ride round and it's good for viewing to. Nuts is right

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 19/09/2009 00:54  

ive been round olivers mount its a public road until theres an event on, if any ones up visiting scarborough i recommend you take a trip up there but be aware its a 30mph speed limit and its open to two way traffic but its still good for a run around and theres a nice little cafe by the monument

Update Reply
yorkshireman91 @ 29/09/2009 12:30  

Weather was great - was wearing shorts all weekend - fantastic racing - will try and go again next year

Update Reply
Throttle Jockey @ 29/09/2009 21:31  

saw big crash saturday top of hill got in on camra too great day out

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 29/09/2009 21:35  

saw big crash saturday top of hill got in on camra too great day out

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 29/09/2009 21:35  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email