MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Crap gear!

Crap gear! - Forums [Biker Match] Crap gear! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Crap gear!

I'm not sure if there's already a thread to warn people about sh*te equipment but I bought a pair of Oxford Bone Dry bike boots less than 3 months ago and at £80 wasn't expecting much but a zip has snapped and the left sole has broken in half inside the boot and its worn so thin I can feel everything through it. The waterproof covering on the flexible parts is also peeling off! I expected to get 12 months out of them at least but there's no chance of that.

Avoid them like the plague

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 10/09/2009 22:11  

Oh I seeeeeee... I thought this was a thread about which gear you don't really like. I reckon it's 3rd... although I'm prepared to stand corrected.

*exits thread*

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 10/09/2009 23:32  

thats cause of your hoof rot buddy lmao

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/09/2009 23:34  

Oxford Bone Dry bike boots I bought mine for £25 from Busters stand at the BMF tailender! Do not ware them often I must admit but at £25 I thought they were a bit of a bagin for the odd time I use them (tend to just ware Gortex Element II work boots to ride in most weathers and distances) they are not a cheap boot £100 was the last pair I bought (reduced to £32 in the clearance sale at Arco in Hull) Steel toecaps and steel inner sole a very comphy and light weight boot I ware all weekend at rallies!

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 11/09/2009 00:04  

My friend Rach got Dry As Bone over trousers couple of weeks back took them back after it rained She would have been better off with a bin bag. To make it worse I had borrowed her old ones and was dry

Update Reply
micksaway @ 11/09/2009 00:28  

<smug> Altberg wearers have warm, comfy, DRY feet<\smug> not particularly stylish or cheap but will probably outlast me.

Update Reply
prof @ 11/09/2009 06:51  

I wear size 10 and in June fitted 2 pairs in bikeshop in Norton close to Emzeds where i had the Daytona mot'd ...both pairs @ 79 quid each split on the zip in the shop , they were the same make different styles , i unfortunately dont recall the make but decided not to try any others , the owner said he was glad it happened in his shop and would return the rest to his supplier as it was new stock....at Hein Gericke in York i bought a pair of lace ups "Sheltex Bullson" @69-00 very satisfied now , and they do keep my feet dry ! Oxfords have quality bike luggage , saddlebags etc would'nt try their other kit now though ...thanx RK good topic

Update Reply
excalibur @ 11/09/2009 07:26  

I bought a bone dry oversuit £39 in Argos after my Hein Gericke cullender pished in,knacked my phone and soaked me to the skin.Good piece of kit (the suit,not the Gericke jacket) Alpinestars SMX water resistant boots !!! Dont know who determined the level of resistance but a teaspoon an hour doesnt cut it for me at that price.They fookin squeak an all.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/09/2009 07:34  

i third third gear not very good............oh biker gear...........ooops

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/09/2009 07:55  

Third gear is ace! Almost as much acceleration as second and almost as fast as fourth.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 11/09/2009 08:07  

well to be honest all my gears are ace....pulls like a steam train in each and every one .......lmao

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/09/2009 08:08  

more like a monorail jap bullet Ian lol

Update Reply
excalibur @ 11/09/2009 08:14  

its can go really fast....70mph officer!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/09/2009 08:15  

I bought a pair of waterproof gloves to travel down to stormin........100% waterproof all over them and my hands were soaked before i reached Dundee.......Conning b*****s

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/09/2009 13:16  

surgical rubbers inside of biker gloves used to help , but will cause slight sweating , hand shields and heated grips are the answer i'd say .

Update Reply
excalibur @ 11/09/2009 15:12  

Only ever had 1 pair of gloves that were 100% water proof (Hien Gerricks own make! Gortex but lost em outside the bank in March But they were bloody good while I had em!

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 11/09/2009 19:36  

I actually dip my hands in a bucket of water before I go out in the rain, that way I can wear any pair of gloves I want.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 11/09/2009 19:43  

I am still disturbed by the image of Excalibur sweating in rubber, I may never sleep again

Update Reply
prof @ 11/09/2009 20:41  

I'm not disturbed by it Prof intrigued maybe .............

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 11/09/2009 21:55  

do you sleep in a diving suit Prof ? lol leather wont keep your hands dry on a long ride in rain , i had a pair of "Wolfs" i think the name was and the 1st hard rain i'd used them my hands were covered in black dye ...decent gloves apart from that.

Update Reply
excalibur @ 12/09/2009 07:20  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email