MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Crap gear!

Crap gear! (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Crap gear! (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Crap gear!

Never mind my habits Exc hi thee to Dudley cos it looks like youve pulled. Dont forget to pack the rubberwear though.

Update Reply
prof @ 12/09/2009 08:13  

not required Prof...no rain in sight , got back a couple hours ago after rideout to Squires with Emz..nice ride nice place and daytona behaving well .

Update Reply
excalibur @ 12/09/2009 15:45  

You guys must be unlucky.

I have had loads of gloves that keep me dry. Hein Gericke are good stuff and well priced. For more of a range look-up old issues of Ride magazine (or their website) and go for the 'best buys' ...simple! I ride all year in all weathers and refuse to put up with wet hands and feet...bloody dangerous!

Update Reply
finbarred @ 05/10/2009 16:24  

Just to give you an update to my crap Oxford boots. I emailed their customer services twice and got ignored so last week I told them I was posting warnings about their sh*te gear on various biking forums and guess what, they suddenly responded by sending me a new shiny pair of the same crap boots!

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 04/11/2009 19:00  

good luck with them Rusty...lmao

Update Reply
excalibur @ 04/11/2009 19:27  

Cheers Billy, they should last the winter if I take my bike off the road!

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 04/11/2009 19:31  

I'd take them in the box and exchange them for other proven Oxford goodies,it might work Terry.Think about it.

Update Reply
excalibur @ 04/11/2009 19:40  

Bought them online Billy so exchange isn't an option as I dealt directly with Oxford and not the seller. Might get ten bob and a big orange for them on ebay tho!

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 04/11/2009 19:44  

Ok i give up,i had their saddle bags in SA and found them very good, BUT very little rain exposure,i paid about 110-00 for them back in 2005 a bargain at the price..dont think your'e much impressed with the brand now though.

Update Reply
excalibur @ 04/11/2009 19:54  

PML @ 'they should last the winter if I take my bike off the road'

Update Reply
Sandi @ 04/11/2009 21:33  

Episode 2!

I tried on my shiny new replacement boots tonight and guess what, the zips bust on one of them . That means i've spent £24.00 posting 2 pairs back and since I posted my original faulty pair direct to Oxford they can only offer me alternative products and not a refund, what a shower of sh*te!!

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 09/11/2009 18:18  

Go for some of their excellent heated grips RK

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 09/11/2009 19:25  

Then buy some steel toe capped wellies for wet weather riding lol.

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 09/11/2009 19:26  

I've looked at the heated grips Andy but i'm gonna go for the intercom/radio cos i've actually got steel toe capped wellies, ask MrP, he borrowed them last saturday lol

Heated grips are no good for me cos i'm putting the bike in the dining room on saturday so I can stroke her till the spring

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 09/11/2009 22:43  

Rusty said:' i'm putting the bike in the dining room' I'm glad you liked my idea.... although I reckon she will enjoy a really good polish as oposed to your 'so I can stroke her till the spring'

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 10/11/2009 00:48  

aye up that sound kinky that RK lol

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 10/11/2009 00:51  

Nealy,they should call you "The Transformer" good pic of you though...lol

Update Reply
excalibur @ 10/11/2009 16:21  

Oxford kit must be a bit rubbish I bought a pair of Oxford bonedry trousers and 5 minutes into the first rain shower it was running up my leg cold as hell gathering around my under carraige shrinking what was left of my cold pecker lol.....exchanged them for another set two weeks the water proof inner split at the crotch ...shop wouldn't exchange said it was wear and tear literally, back to treated leather and a set of pull up water proof outers lol.....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/01/2010 23:16  

RK, have you looked at the distance selling laws and the trade discriptions act.... they must be fit for the purpose...maybe a call to trading standards....dont let em put one over on you Terry... Or even mention the words "watch dog" to them....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/01/2010 01:12  

Paul I got a 100 squid bike intercom, an alarmed disc lock and something else that was so good I can't remember what it was but all in all a couple hundred smackers worth of tat so i'm happy. I thought Oxford was a good old British company but everythings made in China and very poor quality indeedy

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 29/01/2010 10:18  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email