MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Nottingham rider killed

Nottingham rider killed - Forums [Biker Match] Nottingham rider killed - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Nottingham rider killed

Cut and pasted from the BMW Club forum:

Dave & Carol Bromley:- Taken from the Nottingham Evening Post.

A Nottingham woman died in an eight-vehicle smash on the A1. Last weekend. The woman was riding pillion on a motorbike and was airlifted to Pinderfields Hospital in Wakefield after the crash on Saturday.
She died later.

The incident happened at around 10.35am when a Vauxhall Vectra and a Ford Fiesta collided with each other near Barnsdale Bar on the A1 Northbound.
A Toyota Corina, a VW Bora and a Seat Ibiza stopped behind - before a second Ford Fiesta, a Toyota Aygo, a BMW K1200 motorbike and the Seat Ibiza were involved in a second collision.

The male rider of the motorcycle, a 62-year-old man also from Nottingham, was taken to Pinderfields Hospital with serious injuries to his arm. They are not believed to be life threatening.
No one else is believed to have been injured during the collision, which closed the road for five hours.
Anyone who witnessed the collision or who has any information is asked to contact the West Yorkshire Police Motorway Unit on 0845 6060606.

Carol's Funeral will be @ 14:45 Friday 11th Sept,
St Michael & All Angels, Church St, Bramcote, NG9 3HD.

Onwards to Bramcote Crematorium @ 15:30.
Wake @ St Micheal's church hall.
All who knew Carol are welcome.

Update Reply
Wills @ 08/09/2009 20:21  

That's why I don't want to take a pillion, the guilt must be unbareable :/

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/09/2009 20:24  

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 08/09/2009 20:27  

My thoughts are with her family and friends...RIP....may the angels ride with you!!!

SS..it's not a matter of being a pillion..I've been a pillion for over 26yrs and haven't really had much trouble..I am now having more trouble riding myself....so many idiots aiming for you....

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 08/09/2009 22:31  

yes, my condolences go to the family also - in my "manor" too so makes you even more aware. I agree with Rose though, I'd only ever go pillion with someone I trusted and knew was a good safe rider anyway - got my life as well as their own at risk and accidents do happen no matter where or who!!! But, in my humble opinion, being a late onsett biker and also a motorist since I was 17yrs old, in the main, it's the bikers that are more aware of the dangers out there and the increasing risks they take on today's roads. Alot of the motorists couldnt care less, have no respect and are totally unaware of the capabilities of today's machines let alone what motorcyclists face on the roads. That's why being taught to ride defensively has stood me in good stead so far and I hope it continues to do so - accidents still happen though and I am always aware of that too, I just wish as part of the driving test they would also put motorists through some motorcycle awareness training.............ride safe all and stay alert out there..............always!!!!

Update Reply
babyharley @ 09/09/2009 09:27  

Poxy A1 is a death trap at any time of year.I hate that road!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/09/2009 09:30  

well, some of us already had a really bad taste of the A1 en route to Stormin last Friday in shall we say "stormin" conditions too....................not good and the lorries and other nutters still racing up there like lunatics...........I rest my case, little respect or thought for bikers or anyone else........................think bike, keep shiny side up, ride safe but whatever else you do ffs keep your wits, eyes, ears and everything else about you 100% alert and tuned in ALWAYS.............tc all, the less of these kind of stories we hear about, the better!!

Update Reply
babyharley @ 09/09/2009 11:47  

sad indeed!says a lot that noone else injured out of seven vehicles!! and i am reluctant to carry pilly's also! have taken daughter out in the past but not now. and BC you find with experiance that less people are aiming at you!! but treat all of them as if they are!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 09/09/2009 14:17  

condolences to Carols family and wishing a full recovery to Dave ...time and again the pilly has more serious injuries , being shunted in a pileup?? i feel for the husband...very sad.

Update Reply
excalibur @ 09/09/2009 14:32  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email