MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

Anti-Motorcycle Noise Pollution

Anti-Motorcycle Noise Pollution - Forums [Biker Match] Anti-Motorcycle Noise Pollution - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

Anti-Motorcycle Noise Pollution

Just found this site, what a wonderful piece of disinformation: lomies.co.uk Some nuggets of information from the site: The sound of a thundering exhaust can be heard across a wide spread area, particularly a valley in the countryside. The vibrations caused, can travel through the walls of houses, vibrating the floors and windows.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p> Unfortunately the noise created by this growing hobby is adversely affecting millions of people all over Britain Motorcycle noise pollution is becoming a more wide spread problem in and around rural areas of Britain. It seems that there is an increasing trend happening, in particular by many middle-aged hobby riders who are buying powerful bikes to relive their youthful years.<o:p></o:p> The current EU sound level for motorcycle exhausts is 80dB. However, most of the motorcycles that have been monitored in these rural areas have exceeded 100dB, this being the same dB level as a jet on take off. A recent case revealed that a doctor living on a road frequented by bikers, and after working a late shift at the hospital, was being so severely affected by bike noise that she felt her performance on her next shift was negatively altered. If this doctor happened to make a mistake, let’s say on a motorcyclist that had been in an accident, I am sure that the injured party and their family would not be happy. <o:p>Maybe bikers can’t imagine that the roar of their engines would affect the resting habits of young children, but they do. Maybe they are just unaware that a noise level of 100dB is enough to terrify an elderly member of the public walking along the road into having a heart attack. Or perhaps they just don’t care – I hope not.</o:p> <o:p></o:p> <o:p>There is absolutely no reason for motorcycles to be noisy any more than a bicycle.</o:p> <o:p></o:p> <o:p>In fact a noisy motorcycle puts other road users at risk as the driver of the motorcycle cannot hear others i.e. emergency vehicles, pedestrians, cyclists etc.</o:p> <o:p></o:p> <o:p><o:p> But this activity (hobby) is not only creating unacceptable sound levels for every area that they and their other biker buddies drive through, but also it is creating unnecessary air pollution. <o:p>That brings up the subject of motorcycle cafes, not places that motorcyclists have adopted as a place to meet, but an establishment that is specifically targeting the biker community as their means of income. It is local government that should be preventing this type of establishment from opening up because of the enormous effect that it has on the well being of local residents, the noise driving many people out of there homes at weekends.</o:p></o:p></o:p>

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 27/08/2009 13:13  

They wont like my ring tone then.

Update Reply
moonstone @ 27/08/2009 13:23  

Just done a WHOIS search on the website owner... I reckon a Mr J. Rawlings must live somewhere near Loomies, don't you?

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 27/08/2009 13:30  

whats wrong with there people

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/08/2009 13:33  

oh my God, some people are unbelievable. Though I can't condone any visit to Mr J Rawling

Update Reply
Matt @ 27/08/2009 13:36  

That'll be my bike he's complaining about then! The expression "Tosser" comes to mind... I live in a rural village in uptight, upper middle class Hampshire... there's only two bikers here, and me and him often ride out together... always to 'tuts' and disapproving stares from the polyester brigade! We call 'em "brittle".... sums them up nicely!

Update Reply
cissystar650 @ 27/08/2009 17:07  

Biggest load of crap i've read in a long time.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/08/2009 17:31  

I agree! (also hope to bump in to Mr Rawling when I next go to Loomies!!)

Update Reply
cissystar650 @ 27/08/2009 17:34  

Well peeps i have to say my bike is very loud and i like it so all i can say is.....

LOUD EXHAUST SAVES LIVES... FACT

Update Reply
UKHarleyRider @ 27/08/2009 17:38  

What planet is this monkey from?

Update Reply
Cataraptor @ 27/08/2009 17:39  

Unbelievable............... and as to getting the governmant to prevent anyone setting up a cafe aimed specifically at bikers...................

Update Reply
Dragon13 @ 27/08/2009 18:04  

Probably a caravanner

Update Reply
prof @ 27/08/2009 20:05  

he must be a very bored person..i'll bet if its not the bikers case he has a go at he WILL find something else to bitch about !! get a life ffs.

Update Reply
excalibur @ 28/08/2009 00:40  

Everybody has a right to speak and voice there opinion. Unfortunately some people use that right to talk complete Bollocks. With shite like that he could get a job with the Sun or become a political figure

Update Reply
micksaway @ 28/08/2009 04:38  

Well, what can you expect from someone on that site...loonies.co.uk

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/08/2009 07:29  

Do i have the wright to ask the council to up notices for all the loud people who go past my house, to Be Quite, when im asleep having worked nights???? Think i know the answer!!!

Update Reply
Retrowheely @ 07/09/2009 15:11  

Think we all do Mark!

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 07/09/2009 23:54  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email