MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Memories of being a kid and what do you miss?

Memories of being a kid and what do you miss? (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Memories of being a kid and what do you miss? (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Memories of being a kid and what do you miss?

LOL Jackie was your teacher deaf? I remember them, I think they still make them.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 21/08/2009 11:16  

I rem when i was in last year juniors we had a new teacher who we nicknamed Frankenstein cos he looked 8 foot tall and just as wide. All we ever did was Maths in the morning and English in the afternoon, no art, music nothing. Went home moaning to my Dad about him and mentioned he smoked in classroom as well, Dad went up and complained about the smoking but nothing else !!!!!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 21/08/2009 11:32  

we had a teacher and i am in no way mocking anyone, but he was badly cross eyed, and when he shouted "you boy" !!he pften pointed at the wrong person

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/08/2009 11:35  

Doctors used to smoke in hospitals in t'old days n orl, and it was recommended that patients be given cigarettes to 'calm their nerves' difficult to believe now isn't it?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 21/08/2009 11:35  

Gawd - I remember being able to smoke at me desk in work!!

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 21/08/2009 12:15  

You got me thinking there Stella (I know, I bet it was lonely lol) I don't recall smoking at all in any of the jobs I had. No one smoked in shops, or on buses, for years before the official ban was put in place. Just the other month the guy working at the fruit n veg shop in the village was stood in the doorway, inside the shop smoking a fag!

Update Reply
Sandi @ 21/08/2009 12:20  

Me too

I still didn't though... not when among non-smokers. But it was handy when you were still stuck in the office sorting out a load of crap at 8.30pm when everyone else had naffed off at 5.

Then at my last job, I was expected to go outside the front of the building and tell people in the street not to smoke outside our office. Yeah right. OK then. I'm going to walk up to a bunch of people in the middle of the street and tell them they can't smoke there?! Think again bossman!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 21/08/2009 12:20  

Firm I worked at for 5 years permitted smoking throughout... until one of the Directors quit. Then a few weeks later, it was banned in the offices! Convenient huh?

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 21/08/2009 12:22  

Our english teacher was called Mr Pratt. There were three years at our high school; Foundation, Middle and Upper and to identify your registration class you used the first letter of the year you were in and your teachers name. My teacher was called Mrs Jewell, so I was in F Jewell, M Jewell and then U Jewell. I wished I was in Mr Pratt's class because then I could respond with "You Prat!" everytime a teacher asked me what class I was in. His grandparents were greek and so the year after I left he apparently changed his name to "Floppadoppadop" or something to avoid embarrassment.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 21/08/2009 13:40  

Another school day bit of fun was me and my mates used to get 50p a day off our relevant parents for bus fare and then we'd run to school and spend our bus fare on spice! Certainly my Mother never knew. My Dad did after catching us all one day, but he never told. And yes, I used to run!!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 21/08/2009 13:51  

what's spice??

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/08/2009 14:19  

Spice (not sure about other places but here in Yorkshire) it means Sweets

Update Reply
Sandi @ 21/08/2009 15:07  

Here in brummie land its usually part name of ur local take away !!!!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 21/08/2009 16:04  

thats what i thought!! ur only up the road from me Jackie x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/08/2009 16:59  

many many happy childhood memories! black jacks and fruit salads 4 for a 1d,winding up the sweetshop lady by asking her every day how much 1d chews were.space hoppers,chopper bikes and the rest of it. Going with my mate from junior school on the train to the swimming baths at Hayes,11 year olds were allowed to do that sort of thing on their own then! Getting on the train at langley without a ticket and telling the guard at Hayes we had got on at West Drayton (the station before) 50p used to get us return tickets,entry to swimming and kentucky fried chicken after! Messing around at the gravel pits on an ancient honda 125,sometimes 5 or 6 up on the poor thing. Just basically enjoying life with no cares whatsoever.Doing stuff for the hell of it and if you hurt yourself it was your fault,no stewards enquiry or trying to find someone else to blame and definately no trying to sue someone! Almost blowing up the chemistry lab at school with some gunpowder we had found in one of the cupboards and wiring the door handle of the physics lab to a power point so the teacher Mr Lewis got a shock when he tried to come in.He saw the funny side of it too,what a bloke he was!

Update Reply
pondlife @ 22/08/2009 19:46  

those were the days my friend , we thought they'd never end ...pity there's no back in time button lol

Update Reply
excalibur @ 22/08/2009 20:36  

who remembers piggy, where u hit a lil piece of wood with a bigger piece,

btw BJ ur not just lookin gorgeous there, but another great topic. xx

Update Reply
UKHarleyRider @ 22/08/2009 20:51  

For those of you whose trip down memory lane is not a happy one. . here's a HUGE. For the rest of you. .keep 'em rollin, enjoy and thank God for every smile. Thanks BJ for spreading your happiness X

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 22/08/2009 22:54  

"where u hit a lil piece of wood with a bigger piece" Wow! Who needs their Playstation with games like this around?

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 23/08/2009 00:01  

I remember doing that but I'm sure we didnt call it piggy hit the smaller piece of wood on the ground to flick it up and then clout it with the bigger bit

Update Reply
pondlife @ 23/08/2009 08:41  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email