MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Memories of being a kid and what do you miss?

Memories of being a kid and what do you miss? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Memories of being a kid and what do you miss? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Memories of being a kid and what do you miss?

i seen sum shoes strung up in a tree the other day

Update Reply
drobess @ 20/08/2009 00:55  

nah....got to be over the wires

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/08/2009 00:57  

Some one told me I think it was J, that shoes over a phone line meant gang member had died. on another note, Kicksart - www.youtube.com/watch?v=pja9Y7JIJBg and junior kickstart - www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4OosFHsjjo

Update Reply
Phil @ 20/08/2009 01:11  

one series of why don't you was filmed at perch rock light house in the island of wirral Stuart Hall not only commentated on It's a knock out but also read the news on BBC1 North West. Cheggars Plays Pop?? Keith Chegwin went the the same school as my dad. cheggars was in the year below. All happens up north you know

Update Reply
Phil @ 20/08/2009 01:19  

i didnt know that pp.mnd you there were loads round our way in manchester when i was a kid, its good to see to make us all feel a bit young again

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/08/2009 08:12  

Pagan Is Keith Chegwin your claim to fame then lol I rem Take Hart and wishing one of pics cud be in the gallery and preferring Magpie to Blue Peter

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 20/08/2009 10:10  

My comic the BEANO cost 3d (pre-decimal) and I got 2/ 6d (aka half a crown) for pocket money. The programme I watched a lot was 'Vision On' for deaf and hard of hearing kids. The bakery van used to come round every Saturday and I always got an individual trifle. Yummy Now I feel positively ancient lol What do I miss? Not having any responsibilities, they were all my parents. Alas youth is wasted on the young. If I had my time over again, and I knew what I know now, I'd have been more appreciative of my health and got stuck in more to the activities I enjoyed.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 20/08/2009 10:14  

playin in the quarrys[catchin adder's] and on the cliffs on Portland[yes i wuz a rock ape!] amazin we survived!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 20/08/2009 10:40  

I miss the school xmas party were u had to bring food from home and a plastic plate, bowl etc all with ur name cellotaped to it so you knew it was yours :) And being in top class at juniors and being able to sit on chairs instead of the floor in assembly and thinkin we were the nuts lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 20/08/2009 12:30  

No Bj my claim to fame is that I am related to Tony Blair (well Mrs Blair via her dad Mr Booth) and my great great cousin assassinated Abraham Lincon. My dad is researching the family tree and i stood still for too long and got the tour of the tree so far.

Update Reply
Phil @ 20/08/2009 12:45  

Pagan Think you had better move about abit more not sure i'd want to know anymore than that lol Its great your dad is doing it though.

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 20/08/2009 13:03  

"remember seeing the old cassette tape all over the hedges" For those under the age of 25, music used to be provided and sold on two normal forms of media. One was a plastic disc in two normal sizes (12 inches and 7 inches) which you scraped a needle around to play the music. These were generally called 12 inches discs or 7 inch discs. Imaginative hey? The other was a small plastic case roughly the size of a cigarette packet, with a double spool of magnetic tape inside. The tape was then wound from one spool to the other whilst being run over a device (called a tape player) which detected the positive or negative charge in each section of tape and in so doing was able to re-create the sound. Eventually a portable tape player was invented that kick started the revolution of earphones and annoyed grannies on buses. Each tape was capable of storing approximately 90 minutes of music, or two albums. To listen to additional music, further tapes required carrying. Eventually a tape would stick or get pulled into the rollers of the player. The owner would deal with this by pulling the tape out from the case by hand with the aim of manually rewinding it onto one of the two spools within the case. Invariably however, this would simply result in mile after mile of tape in bushes, hedges, across roads and wrapped around car drive shafts.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 20/08/2009 14:33  

I do remember Weebles fondly however, talking serious for a second. I suppose in many ways my career as an engineer of some kind was always set. I used to play for hours in the bath with my weebles!! My favourite game was shaking them under the water so they filled up and then shaking them carefully out of the water so that just enough water would fall out to allow the weeble to hang mysteriously no matter at what depth.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 20/08/2009 14:36  

yeah geoff, i remember weebles,interesting shape, remind me of something or someone.....

Update Reply
julie j @ 20/08/2009 15:43  

weebles wobble but they dont fall down, on our record player we used to have to put coins on the arm with plastacine to try to stop the scratched records jumping

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/08/2009 15:47  

Who?

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 20/08/2009 15:50  

My earliest memory on television was "space patrol" then fireball xl5( I was Venus) (singing ringing tree)............under sofa now Stingray(I wasMarina) crackerjack tinger and tucker pinky and perky black jacks,aniseed balls,rainbow kayleigh,3d lucky bags,collecting stickers of "The Monkeys" Band...sigh..all good stuff. Oh and the game with an enormous elastic band wrapped around your legs we knew as:- Inky pinky ponky :- Inky pinky ponky daddy bought a donkey donkey died daddy cried inky pinky ponky skipping games:- I'm a little bubble car number 58.turn around the corner, pull on the brake. all in together girls never mind the weather girls when is your birthday please run out jan feb etc... pattacake 369 the goose drank wine the monkey chewed tobacco on the sweet carline the line broke the monkey got choked and we all went to heaven in a little rowboat my mum singing to me lulla lulla lulla lulla bye bye do you want the moon to play with or the stars to run away with they'll come if you don't cry lulla lulla lulla lulla bye bye in your mommys arms a creepin soon you'll be a sleepin with a lulla lulla lulla lulla bye lulla lulla lulla lulla bye little boy kneels at the foot of the bed resting his little hands little gold head hush hush, whisper who dare christopher robin is saying his prayers god bless mummy i know thats right wasn't it fun in the bath tonite the cold so cold and the hot so hot god bless daddy i quite forgot if I open my fingers a little bit more i can see nannys dressing gown on the door it's a beautiful blue but it hasn't a hood got bless nanny and make her good now mine has a hood and I lie in bed and I pull the hood right over my head and i shut my eyes and i curl up small and nobody knows that i'm there at all thankyou god for a lovely day , now what was the other I had to say? i've said god bless daddy so what can it be now I remember, it's god bless me! little boy kneels.....and so on sang all those songs to my children too ( they begged me to stop!!) lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/08/2009 16:48  

*My favourite game was shaking them under the water so they filled up and then shaking them carefully out of the water so that just enough water would fall out to allow the weeble to hang mysteriously no matter at what depth.)

Geoff you missed out big time there mate, you obviously invented the submarine!!

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 20/08/2009 17:14  

ok i will bring a sad note to this....i missed my Mum, lost her at 11 !!! and thats not me looking for sympathy..just saying thats all !!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/08/2009 18:39  

Ian Does anyone rem those sweet necklaces and bracelets? I used to hide one up my sleeve and chomp on it when teacher wasnt looking

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 21/08/2009 11:15  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email