MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Anyone off to Squires this evening? (19/08/09)

Anyone off to Squires this evening? (19/08/09) - Forums [Biker Match] Anyone off to Squires this evening? (19/08/09) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Anyone off to Squires this evening? (19/08/09)

It's meant to be a glorious day today, is anyone hitting Sherburn this evening? I'm out all day and don't know if I'll be back in time to go but if I am, I plan on popping up for brew and a natter.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 19/08/2009 08:31  

would lurve to!!.......if anyone from round here is going & can offer a pilly

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 19/08/2009 08:46  

awww....stella if i were closer.....bit too far for a weds evening

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/08/2009 08:48  

i'm gonna be there Roachy .........

Update Reply
nina @ 19/08/2009 11:29  

me too....

Update Reply
Karey @ 19/08/2009 11:30  

lol just started to pm u about it lol (kaz)

Update Reply
nina @ 19/08/2009 11:34  

haha..got it and replied

Update Reply
Karey @ 19/08/2009 11:50  

What a lovely evening for riding. Very nearly took the long way home, via Brid but got to get up for work in the morning, plus I'd already done over 150 miles in the car today. Good to see everyone, BM and non BM alike.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 19/08/2009 23:49  

good to see u too hun been a long time x

Update Reply
nina @ 20/08/2009 01:29  

Was a good night, absolutely packed...and good to see you all. I nearly lost it on they way home tho, bit of a tank slap going round a right-hander! It shook me up.. but I carried on. Think it was a bit of not concentrating and tiredness. My back wheel felt slippy all the way home, so I was a bit wary. Think my tyre pressures must have gone down ..they were on 9 and 11 when we went to Whitby... oooooops.. lol

Update Reply
Karey @ 20/08/2009 07:06  

Oooh Kaz, that doesn't sound good but hats off to you for carrying on. Not sice when something scares you like that. I wonder if it could be your tyre pressures...I've got no idea if I'm talking out of my rearend here but shortly after getting the CBR, something caused me to have a short but violent shaking of the bars from side to side. No idea what caused it but at the time Geoff said I probably hit a stone but it turns out I had low tyre pressures too and that coupled with catching a stone, upset the bike. Moral of the story = check your tyre pressures lass! Geoff has a hand operated pump which he says is designed for bicycles but is very accurate and goes up to 120psi or something like that and cost about £30. Perhaps wouldn't want to use it to inflate a tyre from flat but very good for checking your tyres and putting in a couple of pound (or whatever they call it, far too technical for me!). The CG's tyres used to regularly lose a couple of pound so needed keeping a close eye on.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 20/08/2009 08:28  

i try to remeber to check mine once a week, as i noticed it makes a huge difference to how both front and back end feels.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/08/2009 08:48  

New version of what I use in the garage. I have an electric pump as well that I can plug into the car's cigarette lighter, but this thing is actually quicker! Never timed it for a flat motorcycle tyre (I may try it over the weekend for a laugh), but it'll do a flat to 45psi wide mountain bike tyre in around a dozen pumps! Plus the gauge is very comparable to a pencil gauge.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 20/08/2009 13:29  

i am a lazy so and so, use my compressor

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/08/2009 13:33  

You'r right about mountain bike pumps mine will blow new and second hand tyres out on the rims when i fit them and it does't take a lot of effort.

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 20/08/2009 23:46  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email