MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Anyone ever get A LOT more milage on a run??

Anyone ever get A LOT more milage on a run?? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Anyone ever get A LOT more milage on a run?? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Anyone ever get A LOT more milage on a run??

Well when you consider your 600 makes almost twice the BHP at the crank as my humble low tune spec Honda it's no wonder it'll use a bit more fuel lol. USA fuel is no where near as cheap as it used to be. Scince 9:11 all fuel seamed to leap up and up. Was you Rose lol, well hopefully you'll get it back pretty soon.

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 15/08/2009 18:25  

I know but the Blacky makes such a great noise when them carbs are sucking all that juice down ! I dont get to ride the 600 much now as my son has adopted it ! Went to Assen on it for the GP,i had forgot what a great toy it was,The Blackbird is everything you could want in a bike,thats just my opinion though ! Its bloody heavy mind !

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/08/2009 18:33  

MEOOOOWWWWWWWWWW Andy..thanks a lot!!! lol

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 15/08/2009 18:35  

I ment your CAR!! lol Sorry Rose for any confusion! My punctuation leaves a lot to be desired lol.

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 15/08/2009 19:10  

Fraglette, was told it has something to do with the additives they put in the fuel, supermarkets dont put them in coz they have to pay for them hence the cheaper pump prices.

Update Reply
lezg @ 15/08/2009 19:58  

I really need to change my screen resolution or it might be the font they use on Chrome (don't have this problem on Explorer). Just saw this thread topic as "Anyone ever get a LOT more mileage on a nun??"

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 15/08/2009 21:38  

Well my old VTR (early model with the 16ltr tank) got all the way from the Morrisons in Knottingley where I filled up to Conwy and back on a single tank of fuel! That was a total distance of around 280 miles ... on a VTR!! And it still had about 2 litres left. This was a pretty steady 80mph all the way on motorway, but even so, I was very impressed. That works out as an average consumption of 90mpg! Ok, I did cheat a little. I did actually pull over to fill up just before Conwy. However, I cut the engine on the slip road off the A55 to check my map and then learnt that my bike wouldn't start again as the battery had been flattened by a failed regulator. I did try and bump it but have you ever tried to bump a 1000cc V-twin? As such the return journey was on the back of an AA van, but given that I never actually filled up, then technically that single tank full got me all the way there and back! Amazing hey?

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 15/08/2009 22:18  

Thats amazing geoff, who'd have thought of using the AA to increase economy, great tip mate

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 15/08/2009 22:22  

Well I did'nt erm cheat lol I got the Hearse back home in a similar way Filled it up and it refused to start (perished injector hoses) so did bolton to Hull on a thimble full lmao plus they brought my bike and my ex back to to techniclly both the bike and the hearse did it on the thimble full lol

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 15/08/2009 22:24  

I am awaiting the shock that I get when I stop riding Stuey (my 125 skyjet) who is a 4 stroke, & start riding Vinney (my sv650) who is only a 2. Stuey only has a 10L tank & so far have done about 300 miles since his last fill up & he is not yet half empty On the other hand tho, like lots, using the car to travel to work from Glossop to Bury & back every day uses a tank a week (about £30), hence the dilema I will face once I pass on do I continue in the car for work or start using the bike , the only thing that stops me now is that not being able to use the motorways it takes an hour to get to work on the bike

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 18/08/2009 16:49  

i was gob smacked till i read the last bit geoff....well funny

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/08/2009 17:02  

I tow a trailer on the Valk, most the time at a steady 65/70 and get 10 miles to 1lt. without the trailer and my silly head on its down to 7miles to a lt and it only needs filling up every 100 miles with trailer and 80 miles without, think I best keep the speed down lol

Update Reply
petervalk @ 18/08/2009 17:55  

Shell Suzuki SV's are four strokes hun...........

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 18/08/2009 18:49  

I usually fill up after doing about 150 miles. It's an 18ltr tank but usually takes 14 to 15 ltrs to fill up. I think (without working it all out again) that I'm getting on average, about 50mpg. The specs say 40mpg but that will be unrestricted. Not looking forward to that element of derestriction (can you believe I'm almost a quarter way though it already - where does the time go?!). I miss the consumption of little bike - she used to do about 100mpg and I'd do 250 to 300 miles before I'd fill up. 14ltr tank but I never used reserve. Interesting point about cheap fuel... I'll have to check it out. I remember on a ride out a couple of months ago, hitting 165 miles on my trip and my reserve light still hadn't come on, (usually comes on at about 140 miles or 125 if I've been riding hard) but I but this down to it being a steady ride however I had a days steady riding on Sat and the light came on at it's usual 140...I think I need to experiment.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 19/08/2009 23:44  

Hull yeah I know lol ... was having a megga blonde day ... even so will be a big shock for the fuel when I swap bikes

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 19/08/2009 23:45  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email