MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

whats happened to bm?

whats happened to bm? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] whats happened to bm? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

whats happened to bm?

Didn't slag anyone off,just commented on the situation. That person obviously took offence to it. Like i say,keep it private or expect comments to be made.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/08/2009 01:27  

ohhh yea i agree keep it private but that also could mean keep ur opinon private ....... so if u dont agree pm the person / people & say so rather than make it public you just cant make every1 happy all the time ...... we all have 1 thing in common BIKES ! some have a the added commonality ( if thats a word) we are single also ....... opinions are what ever the person wishes them to be BUT must realise how u write it doesnt mean that every person reads it the same

Update Reply
nina @ 01/08/2009 01:40  

Agree there nina. . only a relative newbie . . but treading very carefully already!!!

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 01/08/2009 01:43  

Sorry but if someone decides to put there private problems on the world wide web for everyone to see then they must want everyone to know about it,so its fair game and take peoples opinion. Your right in saying that you can't please all the people all the time and we are all different which is why there will always be clashes of personality on here. Having a thread like this could well bring them out,for good or worse.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/08/2009 01:47  

lol alice .... i was new ages ago was hell i had to learn to fit in , accept what was acceptable & what wasnt but back then (LOL) there didnt seem to be the bickering as there is now .... peeps used to swear etc no1 took offence .. they was suggestive comments , no 1 really bothered .... it was layed back if u got a suggestive comment you'd pulled lmao

Update Reply
nina @ 01/08/2009 01:51  

I joined back in Oct 2007 and have made some wonderful acquaintances and friends...I must admit there were more people in chat and the forums were buzzing with banter...which I love...I do find the site a bit quieter nowadays. I have been away for sometime...and members come and go...it is a shame that once someone finds a partner they disappear...we are after all all part of the biking community...let's stick together..

I do not like to see anyone being upset...but in real life that cannot be helped...

I personally am not offended by the majority of postings...so long as they are not aimed at me...I agree that private matters should remain through pms...but I am also an advocate for free speech and sometimes I am seeing postings being removed for such trivial things...can there be a standard adhered to across the board please?

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 01/08/2009 02:27  

I dont usually comment on threads like this on any forum but i do understand that opinions can differ and that toys can be thrown from the pram (lorry drivers can be some of the worse culprits).I do however agree with what Ricdude says,if you post on open forum then that in itself is an invitation for comment otherwise why would you do it? Surely the onus isnt on the replier to keep it private,as long as they dont go blabbing it everywhere else of course

Update Reply
pondlife @ 01/08/2009 07:17  

your right ponds, if a subject is on a open thread....people are quite rightly gonna post on it !!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/08/2009 09:12  

Good morning Ian, great to see you back mate!
(gettin that kin tent out the shed again lol)

I read these posts last night but took Wills advice and slept on it before posting. I've only been here a few weeks but I've watched very closely as various debates have errupted and i've seen how they have been dealt with by individuals and sometimes groups. I've had posts deleted by 'others' that have been pure opinion and not directed at anyone personally. I've seen whole threads disappear when 'others' have felt they were becoming 'offensive' when in fact they were completely justifiable. I'm a sociable person and enjoy all kinds of banter whether heated or not but I think old red hit the nail right on the head when he said 'CLIQUE'. I've seen packs of wolves surround innocent people for having the audacity to 'question' things and i've seen perfectly innocent questions stamped all over because the person asking hasn't realised their question has been asked already. I'm no fool and realise in any 'society' including this one there will be a hierarchy based on length of service but I do feel sometimes the 'others' seem a little too full of their own importance. In answer to cassies opening statement I'd like BM to be a site free of 'cliques' where all are genuinely welcomed and new people can inadvertently ask the wrong question without getting their head kicked in I could go on but i'd hate to think I was contributing to another risky thread

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 01/08/2009 09:41  

well said rk.....very well posted, and yes i am back.like a bad smell

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/08/2009 09:44  

sorry folks for not posting for a while, but i have been checking in a lot, all I want out of this site seems simple, just a repeat of what its already giving me!! Meet ups for ride outs, the chance to make good friends, this site picked me up at a time when I was down and thats all down to the great people from here that I have met..... Bikes----friends-----rideouts------bikes What else??? c u all soon....................craig

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/08/2009 10:24  

nicley put craig

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/08/2009 10:28  

When is this all going to end? I personally am becoming drained reading through these posts, yes I know, reading is a choice, but as a moderator I like to 'do my bit' and moderate the forums amongst other things. I'm not going to start debating the whys and wherefores, its been done a thousand times.. all i can say is that it seems some people just have to have the last word.. but then it all starts getting dragged up again.. its so tiresome, I'm sure I'm not the only one getting fed up of this. Ok... as I'm typing this I can feel myself getting wound up and so am gonna say my piece..... I feel the mods are getting a raw deal out of this, there is no clique, not within the mods or any other members, as far as i can see, all we are trying to do is make this a 'friendly' site. Sure there's going to be debates, some heated, some not, but thats good, we all like a healthy debate, what isn't good is when personal attacks are made on members, sometimes very cleverly disguised, but when u see the whole picture, which some of you do not, then it becomes an issue and needs to be addressed. That might mean only the person or persons concerned may know the whole truth, but if they feel hard done by, may start to talk to their friends and 'fuel' the situation. Ok..there are definately groups of people who 'gel' more than others...thats human nature and I guess if one of your friends seem to be getting 'attacked' then any decent person would jump to their defence. But if you feel anything is not just or is unfair, please contact a mod, or Matt and we will deal with it. Please do no resort to bickering and back-biting, it just gets peoples backs up and causes bad feelings. Sorry people, but I've soooo fed up of all this now.. like others have said, we have seen this kind of thing before, but this time it just seems more personal. Lets nail it on the head now.. I'm not suggesting you can't have your say, not at all, but please lets not get personal and nasty about it. This site has helped bring so many people together, and made some good solid friendships. I personally have a lot to thank BM for, having never ridden a bike, but always had in interest in biking, then coming on here and getting so much help and support. Also in my personal life when things have been hard, I have some very good and valued friends who have got me through the bad times, and I have done the same. Its what makes me proud to be a part of the biking community. Well I seem to have rattled on.. sorry for the essay ..but lets get the good old BM back. Lets put aside any ill feelings and start afresh. I bet if half the people had actually met each other before commenting, their views would have been different. Just ask all those that have met up...most of us have become firm friends. Take care everyone, ride safe and hope to see you all at our rally or at some other meet one day.

Update Reply
Karey @ 01/08/2009 10:44  

Then its simple Karey,delete this whole thread and any others like this that may arise in the future. A question was asked and people have replied. Don't want it? Then delete it.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/08/2009 10:49  

Hey Ric, sorry if i've been misunderstood. Thats not what I'm saying. All I meant was that the same things seem to be going round and round. Whenever someone tries to draw a line under the situation it gets raised again. I guess this is never gonna come to a conclusion.... Edit: sorry having re-read the first page etc maybe I have put this on the wrong forum? apologies

Update Reply
Karey @ 01/08/2009 10:58  

Karey I hope you're not saying you posted without reading the subject of the thread first lol

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 01/08/2009 11:27  

RK... not at all.. I think i just got a bit carried away.

Update Reply
Karey @ 01/08/2009 11:38  

i think you put your point across well kaz, perhaps ric has a point, just delete the whole threads ??? but i defo agree, lets put it to bed, and hopefully everyone wont make comments to re fuel it again

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/08/2009 11:41  

i wish i could get carried away (no comments plz ) ***BUMP***

Update Reply
nina @ 01/08/2009 11:42  

i will put ya over my shoulder nina and carry you to my cave lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/08/2009 11:45  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email