MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

anybody had swineflu yet?

anybody had swineflu yet? - Forums [Biker Match] anybody had swineflu yet? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

anybody had swineflu yet?

somebody must have or has anyone known someone close get it,keep hearing all about it but still havent come across one person with either 1st,2nd or 3rd hand experience.

Update Reply
julie j @ 22/07/2009 10:32  

One of the staff at my daughter's school had it last week, but that's about all. Reckon it's only a matter of time, though...

Update Reply
Wills @ 22/07/2009 10:36  

speaking of epidemics us guys had better beware next year, and heres why...
2007 was the chinese yr of the chicken.

we had bird flu...

2008 was the yr of the horse.

we had equine flu, which stopped all horse racing in australia...

2009 the yr of the pig.

we HAVE swine flu...

2010 the yr of the cock.

think about it guys....

Update Reply
UKHarleyRider @ 22/07/2009 10:38  

i had the sniffles on monday... didnt feel the urge to go play in the mud so prob was just a cold

Update Reply
julie j @ 22/07/2009 10:38  

i have a friend i talk to on another programe and she works in a nursing homeshe says they have 3 staff off at the moment, and she is in oxford so if it stays there good if not we will have next yr to look forward to, so lets see what gets thrown at us then..
I have also been told healthy people cant get swine flu not sure if there is any truth in it...

Update Reply
UKHarleyRider @ 22/07/2009 10:49  

No one i know yet! - however we have all been given a box of tissues and hand gel in work today!!

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 22/07/2009 10:50  

yr of the cock ,so funny!! thank god i havent got one!

Update Reply
julie j @ 22/07/2009 10:51  

I'm having a pig of a day, does that count?

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 22/07/2009 10:57  

I know several people who "have" swine flu, personally I'm not convinced, and in view of the fact that it is a MILDER form of flu, I really can't see what all the fuss is about!

Update Reply
Dragon13 @ 22/07/2009 10:59  

my daughter has bin poorly this wk n doc told her she has all the signs of swine flu n has put her on the pills 4 it. She has severere headaches, feels sick, has a temperature aches all ova n has a sore throat. Whether they being ova cautious or not I dont know. Also im glad i aint a man if its the yr of the cock next yr................

Update Reply
drobess @ 22/07/2009 11:12  

sorry to hear that drobess, did she get treated quickly and are her tablets working? my family live in cov and dont think they know anyone whose had it yet

Update Reply
julie j @ 22/07/2009 11:14  

she got treated quickly fanx julie, so hopefully she will av a speedy recovery, like i said tho they may just be being ova cautious but betta 2 be safe than sorry. I did say 2 her that i wouldnt worry unless she started going round on all 4's and squealing like a pig tho

Update Reply
drobess @ 22/07/2009 11:38  

lol, so was she told to stay at home for a certain amount of time after recovery so she didnt spread it around?

Update Reply
julie j @ 22/07/2009 11:41  

freinds mother has it she said dont tell anyone!!! like it is a STD!few cases around! in light of this people still ruddy coughing over me!!bstds, nearly had a punch up with some jerlk over it!! remember the old advert coughs an sneezes spread diseases catch em in a handkerchief!!? jus common courtesy, mostly blokes to lazy to even put a hand over there gobs!hanky whats that?jus cough an spit on the pavement bstds! and drobess that sounds deffo like flu!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 22/07/2009 13:18  

I know how you feel Tangoman I had a sniffley child sneeze all over my elbow at the Blues festival on Saturday I had to queue for ages just to get to the sink in the ladies and then wash my elbow! You can imagine the looks i was getting.

Update Reply
moonstone @ 22/07/2009 13:47  

ill just work it off if i get it like i do with everything else.cant see it being a big deal tbh

Update Reply
dunans @ 22/07/2009 13:55  

I'm loving FG's response.... "We have all been given a box of tissues and hand gel in work today!!" I know a guy who got sacked for taking said items to the toilet lol.

Update Reply
Matt @ 22/07/2009 14:11  

We've just had our first case at work today, some people have now gone out and bought face masks !! (mite just get 1 to give plp a rest from lookin at this weird face)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 22/07/2009 14:15  

dont even hear about it here. Nobody mentions it, not in the news or anything.

Update Reply
Matt @ 22/07/2009 14:19  

there will always be some one who will struggle into work and spread it about!!!there not sure if wearing a mask does any good!theres a theory that its better to catch it now while its mild which may give you some immunity to it if it mutates in the winter to sommat more deadly!! as for working it off!if it is real flu yu wont yull be in bed!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 22/07/2009 14:20  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email