MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Bike show NEC Birmingham 27th Nov - 6th Dec

Bike show NEC Birmingham 27th Nov - 6th Dec - Forums [Biker Match] Bike show NEC Birmingham 27th Nov - 6th Dec - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Bike show NEC Birmingham 27th Nov - 6th Dec

http://www.motorcycleshow.co.uk/

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 20/07/2009 11:32  

i will be there for a look around

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/07/2009 11:41  

Are u going to buy my xmas pressie there lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 20/07/2009 11:46  

yes...a balaclava

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/07/2009 11:54  

Not going this year went last two as I organised it for my Club but no Honda stand no Andy I'm afraid.........

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 20/07/2009 11:56  

hope honda is there this year

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/07/2009 12:05  

Y do i need a balaclava ?? No list of who's there available yet

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 20/07/2009 12:22  

As their logo appears on the 2009 Show's home page I think we can take it as an absolute certainty that Honda will be there.

Update Reply
Wills @ 20/07/2009 12:24  

Honda made the announcement they will NOT be attending this years NEC some time ago. That's why I will not be attending, I went into local bike "Honda exclusive" dealers to confim this and it was they say that Honda will spend more money at the grass routes at Dealer level this year. The site has not been updated from last year folks if you want to confirm anything I suggest you call the NEC direct and ask! Sorry to Burst your bubble Wills noting is Certain (the show site was not brought upto date last year till very late on either certainly not before August anyway) The logo has not even been changed (the black panther was last years) They have just put a new date on the front page and removed the A-Z list of exhibitors very sloppy and missleading leaving the exhibitors logo's up.

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 20/07/2009 12:41  

Note the Press Release copied and pasted direct from the "2009" site! Press Releases SUZUKI CONFIRM THEIR ATTENDANCE AT THE SHOW 08/07/2009 Japanese motorcycle giant Suzuki, has confirmed attendance at the 2009 Carole Nash International Motorcycle & Scooter Show, being held at the National Exhibition Centre in Birmingham from the 27th November - 6th December 2009. Showcasing its 2010 line-up, Suzuki will be the largest brand in attendance at this year's show, with its entire line-up on display, as well as some unique racing and off-road machines too.With the all-new RMX450Z enduro racer and the world's first production MX2 motocross machine with fuel injection - the RM-Z250 on display, Suzuki will use the hit show to exclusively launch it's off-road range for the first time, alongside some yet to be announced new on-road machines.Suzuki GB marketing manager, George Cheeseman, commented, "We are delighted to confirm our attendance at this year's show. In such a tough climate it's encouraging to see the UK's biggest and best show continue and expand with new features like the off-road zone. While some of our 2010 models are still to be announced, we will bring new offerings like the RMX450Z and RM-Z250 to this show exclusively, with models from the past too as we celebrate 100 years of Suzuki." Read that carefully "SUZUKI WILL BE THE LARGEST BRAND IN ATTENDANCE" Honda is a far bigger company??? And small point here the off road zone was there last year too.

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 20/07/2009 12:58  

OK, I stand corrected. You're right, it is sloppy and careless of them to leave the Honda logo in place. Can't find an emoticon for eating humble pie!

Update Reply
Wills @ 20/07/2009 13:18  

I notice this event isn't on the event calendar, I'm not surprised it isn't if the details are out of date / contradictory

Update Reply
Sandi @ 20/07/2009 13:26  

I've emailed the NEC for confirmation. And yes, amazingly Honda are not attending this year. "Hello Geoff<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> Thanks for your email.<o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> I can confirm, unfortunately Honda will not be attending this year’s show. It is a great disappointment, however we are looking forward to another great show this year.<o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> Kind regards <o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> Dean Linehan Event Manager" To be honest, the last couple of years have not been particularly good in my opinion. Not sure if we'll be attending this year yet.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 20/07/2009 13:27  

The last time I went, when I had some dosh lol, they charged £15 entry and didn't include the programme, that was extra!! it had been included in the previous 3 yrs Needless to say they had a lot of programes left over at the end of the day.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 20/07/2009 13:38  

The last time I went, when I had some dosh lol, they charged £15 entry and didn't include the programme, that was extra!! it had been included in the previous 3 yrs Needless to say they had a lot of programes left over at the end of the day.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 20/07/2009 13:38  

The NEC show has always included the programme and like you Kwak I never bought one this year. i just used the MCN pull out guide instead except I lost it before I got there DOH! Anyhow the show was £15 but I have to say I went to the Ally Pally show too and that was amost as expensive with so much less there to see. Aprilia is another main bike manufacturer that is usually there but hasnt been there for the last 2 years. J & S were rather invisible too as were the BMF! whereas the BMF were at the Ally Pally show. There was also a higher charge to watch the off road trials shows last yaer. They had used to be free at one time then they put a £1 charge on but last years it increased to about £3 so I never went to see that either. I know its an expensive place to exhibit your wares so maybe the organisers, (or NEC) are pricing themselves out of the show biz market. Lets hope they dont lose Carole Nashes sponsorship or there may be trouble ahead. I could never go a year without going though I love the busy-ness the atmostphere and the fellow bikers pleasant bantering

Update Reply
moonstone @ 20/07/2009 17:30  

Don't allways like being right :o( (not that I am of course) They think that the show will be good but how can they not try put a positive spin on a minor desaster lol.

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 20/07/2009 21:41  

You're right Hull. This is a minor disaster! I've emailed Honda UK as well, here's their reply; "Thank you for contacting Honda UK I can confirm that unfortunately there will not be a Honda stand at the 2009 NEC bike show the decision was made due to the current climate. Although we do hope to attend the 2010 NEC bike show. In the mean time you can keep up to date with all Honda news and events via the main Honda website." Not sure what the weather has to do with it though!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 20/07/2009 22:36  

i wont bother then.......what a joke.....cheap skates

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/07/2009 00:48  

List of Exhibitors now available on site

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 03/11/2009 12:45  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email