MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

North Meets South

North Meets South - Forums [Biker Match] North Meets South - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

North Meets South

It's been suggested that we have a meet between those in the north and those in the south of the country. As such I'm planning on organising a 125 friendly run from Squires to The Vic in Coalville and need peoples views. In order to make it realistic for those in the south this run would have to be to The Vic or somewhere similarly far south. This would result in a round trip of around 200 miles, which with a non-motorway route is liable to be in the order of three hours travelling each way with one stop half way. What are peoples thoughts?

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 15/07/2009 08:57  

I'd be up for it Geoff

Update Reply
Karey @ 15/07/2009 09:01  

One stop?!! *gulp* glad I don't still have my 125 lol (how much are incontinence kecks these days?)

Update Reply
Sandi @ 15/07/2009 09:13  

270 mile round trip from North Kent... on the motorways

Out of the question for me for the foreseeable unfortunately... no wages, no benefits, very little sparkly income... I can't pay my bills & debts, let alone afford the petrol to travel that far!

Hope you get a good turn-out - it's a great idea Geoff

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 15/07/2009 09:46  

Geoff you are a star, always putting yourself out to organise runs,giving all us newbies the benefit of your knowledge and experience, dont know how you cope and stay calm whilst shepherding a bunch over overexcited loons halfway across the country but always love to come on a rideout with everyone, wouldnt have a clue of where to start planning it so many many thanks to you and roachy and i would love to come!

Update Reply
julie j @ 15/07/2009 11:19  

the vic is only 9 miles from me, depends on numbers everyone is welcome to my house for a cuppa

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/07/2009 11:25  

Ian

Do you have hob nobs as well???

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 15/07/2009 13:39  

Blimey these noobs are getting awful personal these days!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 15/07/2009 13:48  

Ok so the ride out ... coffee break at Ians & he is taking orders now for what bickies everyone likes Sounds real good to me that is IF my cluch eases up for such a long drive, its still way stiff with it being new

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 15/07/2009 13:56  

Shell...if i can get down to Ians, can i have a bourbon please?

Update Reply
Karey @ 15/07/2009 14:01  

Ian is taking the orders for bickies not me ... as we not far from his house As I said if my clutch lever doesnt ease off ... or my hand get stronger I will be looking for a pilly, thats if we go as it will depend on things already booked with either Ian, myself or both of us, and as at this moment Geoff is just sounding out how many are interested its still an unknown.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 15/07/2009 14:14  

How come you will need a pilly? you mean if Ian cant make it? I'm sure you will be fine on Stuey

Update Reply
Karey @ 15/07/2009 14:19  

this souns good to me, i'll keep an eye on this thread

Update Reply
chunkichick @ 15/07/2009 15:38  

i will make sure all biscuit tastes are catered for....let me know..hob nob and bourbons up to now...the list has started

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/07/2009 16:40  

please pm me your biscuit requests...hey got to get my karma up somehow

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/07/2009 16:44  

lemon puffs, pink wafers, snowballs, oh yeah n tea no sugar cheers Ian!!!

Update Reply
chunkichick @ 15/07/2009 17:35  

no worries.....my daughter loves pink wafers, so there always in

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/07/2009 17:38  

woo hoo, she's got good taste she'll go far lol

Update Reply
chunkichick @ 15/07/2009 17:48  

sounds good, but it depends on if I am working or not. If not, cadburys fingers please

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 15/07/2009 19:42  

im up 4 it as well as ians is only 13 miles from mine i cant be that far from the vic, I like happy faces bikkys plez, also if any1 wanted 2 crash at mine 4 this meet, there more than welcome

Update Reply
drobess @ 15/07/2009 19:51  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email