MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

seroius post please read

seroius post please read - Forums [Biker Match] seroius post please read - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

seroius post please read

the news i have just recieved has left me shocked, upset and brings everything into prospective, My friend Neil who runs and owns ONE STOP BIKES in attleborough nr nuneaton has had a serious bike accident weds night near the waterman bike meet, details are unknown only that the accident happened on a bend.Neil has a broken collar bone ribs but worse of all he has severed his spinal cord leaving him paralysed for life, i am in tears writing this, neil would do anything for anyone , even better if you were a biker, i have helped him out with keys,bike locks etc, and his help to me with my bikes was second to none, so i know its nice to hear of everyone passing tests, bigger bikes, thrashing there bikes, but please be careful, its time like this i could just get rid of my bike for good.sorry to bring a sad start to the weekend but, send positive thoughts to neil and his family please, even if you didnt know him.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/07/2009 20:34  

Good thoughts on the way Ian So sorry to hear about your friend, a crash is always bad news, when its a bad crash its shocking. Big hugs for you

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 10/07/2009 20:36  

OMG - so sorry to hear that - Positive thoughts on the way

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 10/07/2009 20:38  

Bike accidents are never a nice thing to hear about - thoughts and prayers go out to Neil and his famly .... Not knowing him makes know difference as bikers we are all one big family

Update Reply
jabecs @ 10/07/2009 20:42  

my thought exactly jay....positive thoughts to neil and his family

Update Reply
chunkichick @ 10/07/2009 20:46  

i was simply asking to send thoughts out whether you know him or not, i wasnt having a go at anyone

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/07/2009 20:48  

Very sorry to hear about your friend Ian , my thoughts go out to him his family and you , just be strong buddie it'l help all those around you.

Update Reply
excalibur @ 10/07/2009 20:51  

We never thought you was having a go matey hope he has a good strong will and beats the odds never nice to hear of any serious accident to anyone especially to a great sounding bloke like him pass on our combined thoughts and best wishes next time you see him.

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 10/07/2009 21:05  

ian, your message really got me thinking. Puts everything back into perspective and makes u realise how dangerous it all is. My thoughts are certainly with Neil also and I hope too that he beats the odds to recover well.

Update Reply
Matt @ 10/07/2009 21:44  

Ian it never crossed my mind that you was sorry if i upset you only meant that when a biker has an accident it affects us all in some way .....sorry hun x

Update Reply
jabecs @ 10/07/2009 21:44  

Ian, sorry to hear your news mate, all you can do is be strong for him and his family. It's going to be rough on you as well, dont be shy of having a rant and venting on here, lot's of people on here have seen friends hurt and we know what it's like.

Update Reply
prof @ 10/07/2009 22:02  

I have been on both sides of the Spinal board. i have been the Technician immobilizing the casualty and controlling the roll as they are placed on the spinal board as we all work as a team so we don't aggravate any potential injuries. I have also the casualty being placed on the spinal board. I remember being under the car waiting for the second bag of another car hitting me. I remember the Fire service lifting the car off my leg and the ambulance service putting me on the spinal board. I remember vividly the four hours lying there counting ceiling tiles still strapped down with my had locked and frankly, dying for a piss. I also remember listening to the nurses chatting and laughing as if it was a normal day while the lady in the bay next too me took her last breath and slipped slipped away. I remember the pain as I was being x-rayed as the radiologist pulled my arms and legs to get a clear photo. I remember the sheer fear for another hour as i was waiting for the results. And i remember the sheer wave of emotions that came over me when i was cleared of any spinal injuries. I count myself very lucky on that day and never ride faster than my angel can fly. I am paying back my karma by doing 8 hour voluntary shifts supporting the ambulance service around my day job. Reading your post brought tears to my eyes and brought back the reasons why I spend so much time in the back of an ambulance as it can get a bit routine doing the same shifts each week. I hope the spinal injuries although serious are all lower thorasic and Niel has minimal loss of control. I do know thought that neurology has advanced to amazing levels and depending on Niel's injuries they may be treatable. If he gets transfered to the Walton Center for neurology in Liverpool let me know and Ill go in and see him and take in some decent food it is local to me and I am regularly in there transferring patients to home. As Jabecs said even if we don know the person bikers still look after each other.

Update Reply
Phil @ 10/07/2009 22:17  

sorry to here about your friend Ian i didn't know him but a fellow biker all the same my thoughts go out to Ian and his family

Update Reply
johnthompson @ 10/07/2009 22:20  

so so sorry I got the wrong name Neil what a plonker

Update Reply
johnthompson @ 10/07/2009 22:27  

sorry to hear about your friend to him and his family

Update Reply
caz36 @ 10/07/2009 22:29  

Sorry to hear about your friend Ian..my thoughts are with his family and friends xx

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 10/07/2009 22:53  

Sad news Ian

Update Reply
Sandi @ 10/07/2009 22:55  

cheers guys for all your kind words, i will pass them on to neil when i see him hopefully sunday

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/07/2009 23:04  

Regards and healing thots to Neil and his family xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 10/07/2009 23:42  

Sending lots of love and light Neils way Ian,and take a big hug for you

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/07/2009 00:51  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email