MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Southport 19th July

Southport 19th July (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Southport 19th July (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Southport 19th July

has WB been doing her neked dancing again??

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 17/07/2009 10:35  

latest forecast is for showers tomorrow...i'm easy...also have pillion availabe if we go ahead

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/07/2009 10:51  

So who's up for a little bit of rain....or a lot of rain as the case may be? And do we all know it's Sat not Sun (although there's nothing to stop it being Sun if the weather is going to be better and everyone agrees - just to confuse things more!). *yes, I thought it was still Sunday until a couple of days ago!*

Update Reply
Roachy @ 17/07/2009 13:30  

Weather for tomorrow is supposed to be windy, cool, lots of cloud and scattered showers. might be worth the risk as Sunday looks worse.

Can we clear this up. we're not meeting in Gargrave but at the Little Thief, Gargrave Road on the outskirts of Skipton, just off the Skipton by-pass.

Is that right Geoff?

Update Reply
vinnie @ 17/07/2009 13:50  

Bang on, super duper! Ok, there seems to be a bit of confusion, caused predominantly I think by the title of the thread. The plan had been to go to Southport on Sunday, but because of how the thread began to pan out, I made the decision that more people would be able to make in if it was on Saturday. Apologies if this is wrong. So, three things. Firstly, the ride is tomorrow, Saturday the 18th not Sunday as per the thread title. Secondly, we are meeting at the Little Chef on Gargrave Road, off the A65/A59/A629 roundabout west of Skipton. Meet at around half ten, leave at eleven. Thirdly, the weather I had considered simply cancelling because a: the weather over the past two days has been pretty sh*te and b: I've just spent over two hours washing mine and Roachy's bikes after our hols . However, if it's really bad in the morning it's off, otherwise Roachy and me will be heading for Skipton. If unsure drop me a pm before nine.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 17/07/2009 17:10  

Really hope it stays dry for whoever goes, but looking at the forcast, make sure waterproofs are waterproof as you could get caught in a shower or 2

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 17/07/2009 17:59  

Ah bugger! I'm working til late afternoon Saturday .

Update Reply
rattler @ 17/07/2009 19:47  

Ok, those that want to meet at Southport, I am aiming for the McDonalds on Marine Parade at around half twelve.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 17/07/2009 22:49  

just looked at the weather for you guys, it dont look too good to be honest, i am not travelling all the way from leicester in the rain, just aint no fun

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/07/2009 22:53  

Yep, I know Ian. Remember peeps, if the weather is bad in the morning, this run is liable to be off. PM me before 9 for confirmation.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 17/07/2009 23:12  

been dry overnight in southport. roads are bone dry bit of dark cloud and its overcast so showers are a given

Update Reply
dunans @ 18/07/2009 07:43  

just started raining here again in leicestershire, too far to get soaked, but safe ride out if you all go, will catch you all on a ride soon.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/07/2009 07:54  

Dry (ish) roads here too in Pontefract. As far as I know, we're going.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 18/07/2009 08:10  

Ok peeps!! Dry roads and a bit of sunshine. Not sure how long it's gonna last but we're gonna make our way to Skipton at least (presuming it don't start bucketting it down by nine lol). Not sure who or how many are coming but see you all there.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 18/07/2009 08:20  

Sorry Geoff I think I'll give this one a miss. See you art the next one.

Update Reply
vinnie @ 18/07/2009 08:30  

see you at Skipton

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/07/2009 08:45  

Serves me right for not reading the thread, so I didn't realise the date had changed until I had a text this morning. Too late to drop everything, but I hope you all had a good time. Bet you didn't miss me1

Update Reply
Wills @ 18/07/2009 13:42  

well its been lovely all day so far in leicestershire...but still covering in one of our shope....bloody customers lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/07/2009 13:46  

Just want to thanks to those who were at Southport, made me feel very welcome and it was great to meet u all, even Dunans aka GUCCI lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 19/07/2009 21:22  

good job i dont ride in my gucci shoes they be ruined

Update Reply
dunans @ 19/07/2009 21:23  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email