MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Southport 19th July

Southport 19th July - Forums [Biker Match] Southport 19th July - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Southport 19th July

Anyone fancy a run to Southport beach a week on Sunday? Thinking meet up at Skipton, then take the A59 across to Southport. From here north on the A6 to Kirkby Lonsdale and then back to Skipton. In total around 140 miles. Who's up for it?

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 08/07/2009 22:15  

Now you say it! Just up the road from me, but I've made other arrangements.

Update Reply
Wills @ 08/07/2009 22:19  

jumps up & down waving madly!!!! ..............errr.........can I scrounge a pilly off somone though please - unless the miraculous happen & Mavis starts running!!!!

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 08/07/2009 22:30  

I'm working

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 08/07/2009 22:32  

Awwww Steph, you're always working. But I haven't forgotten the 23rd Aug though. Hey Stella, I've thought about popping my pillion cherry - you up for it!

Update Reply
Roachy @ 08/07/2009 22:42  

Whats happening 23rd Aug??? <I appear to have forgotten>

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 08/07/2009 22:51  

You're not working! It was suggested by you as a date for the next Chaos run. There's me remembering the only Sunday you've got off this summer (probably a slight exaggeration but nevermind) and you go and forget yourself - just can't get the staff these days!

Update Reply
Roachy @ 08/07/2009 22:56  

Ahhh, well *ahem* <looks at the floor> I cant make that date either now. Its my nana's 80th birthday do

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 08/07/2009 23:03  

I could do the saturday though

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 08/07/2009 23:04  

Saturday is good for us at this point in time (I think) but don't know about everyone else. In fact nothing more has been mentioned about it so I don't know if it's still happening or not.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 08/07/2009 23:11  

I`m up for it Geoff .. Might have lad with me .. but , sounds ok to me .. Just put meeting times on forum and count me in mate

Update Reply
nitro70 @ 08/07/2009 23:11  

I'm up for it, haven't been to Southport in years I seem to recall there's a reason for that but cant head for the east coast every time.

Update Reply
prof @ 08/07/2009 23:15  

Ok peeps. This is now posted on the events for Saturday 18th of this month and should be listed within the next 24 hours. Meeting point is the Little Chef, Gargrave Road, Skipton at 10.30am. Not wanting to upset anyone (I will arrange a 125 friendly run again soon, I promise), but this run will be taking in some fun, fast roads. As such (and as I've posted on the event), I am going to suggest a minimum size bike of 500cc and only suitable for those riders capable of making reasonable progress, ie those confident in corners and overtakes etc. We will not be travelling at silly speeds, but will be "having fun"!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 10/07/2009 14:54  

aint you left yet? its gonna pee down by the way! [now ive said that, it wont! now ive said that it will!! maybe say it will again to unjinx it aaargh!!]

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 10/07/2009 15:13  

I think I could be persauded.

Update Reply
vinnie @ 10/07/2009 19:45  

Rach - errr........thanks for the offer of a pilly - you sure you wanna do this?? Mind you - you'll get the Stella Squeeze TM

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 11/07/2009 10:23  

I`ve experienced the stella squeeze .. just make sure she wears leather lol .. She`s a good pillion .. Any other offers if Roachy can`t do it ?

Update Reply
nitro70 @ 11/07/2009 17:24  

Only just seen this. Hahaha - are you really that brave Stells? Thinking about it, I'm not insured to carry a pillion so I can't actually provide anyone with a lift at this moment in time I'm afraid. I think you'd be an ideal pillion though Stells to pop my cherry with, they say you should have one experienced out of the two. Maybe when your knee is all healed up we can have a go in a car park somewhere - if we're both brave enough!

Update Reply
Roachy @ 12/07/2009 14:40  

Hope to make it especially as Southport is only 45 mins away. How ever I won't be able to get there till early afternoon. Must go into the office in the morning.

Update Reply
napoleon @ 12/07/2009 14:46  

Are you planning to meet us in Southport then Richard and then join us for the ride to Devils Bridge etc? As lovely as the Yorkshire region is, I'm looking forward to seeing a new area of the country. Not seeing much of Somerset at the moment though!

Update Reply
Roachy @ 12/07/2009 14:59  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email