MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Tattoos--Good or bad?

Tattoos--Good or bad? - Forums [Biker Match] Tattoos--Good or bad? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Tattoos--Good or bad?

just a quick question to all do they show you are an individual and like to be different or are they to show you are edgy and a mean ass biker?
any one had a tattoo that they have regretted?

Update Reply
trev0r987 @ 03/07/2009 00:07  

All my Tattoos (i only have two) have very personal meaning for me. If your tat is personal and designed by yourself or someone special to you the you could call yourself an individual. If you walk in and get an off the peg tribal design because you want a tattoo then i would call you a sheep. * Lights blue touch paper and stands back.

Update Reply
Phil @ 03/07/2009 00:14  

*baa* lol Regretted: I had 2 tattoos surgically removed 20 yrs ago cos they were hand done and on my forearms and looked rough. When I was 21 I decided I wanted them removing cos I'd seen a woman in her 50's with a big one on her arm and I thought it looked awful, then realised I'd be 50 one day. When I was 40 I got a gothic design 'off the peg' on my left shoulder so I can't see it. My son has tattoos on his shoulders, arms and chest. Most of them are his own design. To answer your question Trevor 'individual' even tho my tattoo is from a tattooist's catalogue I've never seen it on anyone else.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 03/07/2009 00:24  

Both my tattoos have personal meaning...noone will ever have the same design as me. I like tatts, its a window to the soul

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 03/07/2009 00:26  

I think Its different for everyone. Never had a tattoo. Its not something i ever felt the need to do. My brothers have tattoos purely becouse of the design or that it meant something more personal. I've never had enough conviction about anything that i felt i needed to scribble it down on my arm. Im sure my mum knows i love her anyway. I think there would also be a worry about how it turned out that may have stopped me. It certainly wasn't the pain thing. some of them are pretty amazing tho. but then a good proportion i think are just hidious. I do feel now that there's a lot of peer pressure on younger kids to get tattoos and piercings. A lot will regret getting them.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 03/07/2009 00:40  

Perception is gradually changing... I don't think there'll be so many youngsters regretting their tats in years to come, because it's so mainstream now.

Tattoo parlours always used to be seedy back street joints, hidden away (or at the coast)... now even my little town's got a tattooist... on the High Street... with floor to ceiling glass frontage... the guy sits in the window drawing portraits from photographs (which keeps the pennies ticking over when there's no tattooing to be done) and the flashes are all displayed like a poster display in any other High Street shop.

The more mainstream it gets, the less likely I'll be to ever have any done now though. If I'd have been able to decide what I wanted done 25 years ago when I first really wanted a tat, I'd have stood out from the crowd... nowadays, I find I stand out more by having none

I still might get one... I have a hatchling of a plan... which is dependent on a few other factors... if they fall into place then the tat will happen to mark the occasion accordingly. And it'll be my own design. Not because I have any issues about people getting off the peg designs, but because it'll be symbolic to me and me alone.

It also won't be on general view as I'm an old fashioned kinda gal (not to mention frightened fartless of my Mother! )

I did have an ex who'd regretted a tat... he'd had the word "slave" emblazoned on his backside! Muppet!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 03/07/2009 00:59  

i have six, and more booked in, i do get funny looks when i go into banks etc to open there safes etc, they see a thug looking bloke with tatts, but then when i speak and say air hair lair.....i sound all posh lmao, but i love tattoos and wont stop having them for no one

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/07/2009 01:02  

Oh P.S. Generally speaking, I love tats. I love the art work and the talent that's gone into creating the images, then the technical skill that's transferred the image onto someone's skin. Fantastic art form, with a fascinating worldwide history and traditions.

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 03/07/2009 01:06  

very educated answer wannas

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/07/2009 01:08  

The thing that has always puzzled me is why you see so many really bad tatts. If you are paying for something that will be with you for the rest of your life pick someone who can actually draw ffs A mate of mine got a very special tatt done in Amsterdam (OK so not in a normal frame of reference at the time), Bob Marley on an old school chop, when people see it they ask why he has a long haired chinaman on his arm!!

Update Reply
prof @ 03/07/2009 01:17  

thats because some people get them done on housing estates when folk are learning, never a good idea

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/07/2009 01:20  

Love it Prof! I've got a wonderful image in my head now!

And yep... I'd be inclined to pick my artist very carefully indeed...

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 03/07/2009 01:34  

Don't regret any of my tattoos or piercings. 10 years ago, had a longhorn skull on my right bicep (Native American Stylee) which I now also have pierced with two microdermals so I can hang jewellery from it to replicate the ones on the tattoo design, I have my company logo tattooed on my wrist and my initials in braille in Skindiver implants about five inches below my belly button... Oh, and my eyebrow pierced and a spiral of buffalo horn through my right nipple! I want them as a story of my life so when I am old and wrinkled I can look back and reminisce on a life well lived. Was booked in for a chest and bicep piece for this month that I have been designing for a couple of years (after finally finding the right artist) but have had to cancel my appointments due to lack of funds right now.. :( I will admit to liking the reactions my arm piercings get (both positive and negative) but the wrist and braille piercings are just for me as confirmation to myself of things I hold dear to me.

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 03/07/2009 02:15  

I have to say that i find you TC strangely attractive. I think its the off the wall approach to life that does it...as well as being a handsome sod

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 03/07/2009 02:22  

Nothing wrong with that DC!

Your arm tat/implants jobbie is one of my favourite body art/body mod things ever TC... it rocks... I'm liking the idea of braille implants too - neat!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 03/07/2009 02:26  

Aw, shucks.... thanks, dc!! (although in real life I do smell of snails which seems to put a lot of people off...)

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 03/07/2009 02:27  

I also know someone with the number 42 branded on his backside.

I seem to know lots of people who abuse their backsides... Can't imagine why...

It was his 42nd birthday present and a nod to Douglas Adams.

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 03/07/2009 02:29  

Aw, shucks 2.... thanks WB!! I think the coolest tattoo I have seen is one of my local artists who had a heart design with his wifes name on it. After their divorce, he just tattooed a VOID stamp across it! ( I had a little..er.. accident and pulled two of my braille piercings out so TC actually just reads T at the moment..... waiting for the skin to heal and then I will have them put back in again)

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 03/07/2009 02:32  

Ah.. 42... that makes more sense!! When I saw it, he was bending over and it read 420....

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 03/07/2009 02:34  

I think I speak for myself when I say ROFL & D'oh!

Loving the VOID one. Great idea!

I had one of my doormen over to help me out one weekend... I forget what needed doing - summat involving heavy lifting I expect... it was the last time my parents ever turned up unannounced!

We'd finished whatever it was we'd been doing and he was sat in the back garden in a pair of shorts... it being a flippin' hot day...

My folks knocked on the door, accompanied by their Canadian friends who were over for a visit. My Mum's face was a picture when she wandered through to the garden and was greeted by a scantily clad brick outhouse of a man with an intricate Japanese style dragon coiled around his not insubstantial thigh and a full chest Samurai warrior, not to mention the full sleeves of various bits & pieces, with a cheery "Hello Louise's Mum!"

Classic. I owe him big time for that one. They've never knocked on my door since, without at least a day's warning!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 03/07/2009 02:47  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email