MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Tattoos--Good or bad?

Tattoos--Good or bad? (11) - Forums [Biker Match] Tattoos--Good or bad? (11) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Tattoos--Good or bad?

It's true that the only thing bamboo is the actual stick which the needles are bonded to but it is needles and only needles which are used, no blades or chisels. I have spent quite a lot of time in Thailand and was actually in the studio when this tattoo was done which is why I know she is not being truthful !! She has been asked to remove this and Eff Off was her reply. It's just not primitive at all, it is very skilled and by definition very hard to master. The Thais who can do the bamboo method (less than 5%) are usually taught by monks in the temples. There is no blood at all and therefore no scabs and the tattoos don't need to heal as such, the worse side effect is the skin may be slightly dry. Maybe I'll post some pics!!

Update Reply
polls @ 08/07/2009 16:56  

Just to clarify, the picture in the link which may look like a blade is where the plastic bonding is wrapped around the bamboo stick!!

Update Reply
polls @ 08/07/2009 17:00  

Karey , when i tried to have my one tatt removed by laser i was told that the ink was 3mm deep , the laser penetration was set at maximum depth , extremely painful , i could feel the pain come from the bone and i'm left with scar tissue that looks worse than the original tattoo. It took about 2 months for the laser treatment to heal ..huge waste of money and time only afterwards did i find out i was their guinee pig .

Update Reply
excalibur @ 08/07/2009 17:00  

It looks pretty big and blade-like from the photos, rather than needle-like. (Ignoring the out of focus pic)

Nobody other than the girl in question can know how painful the experience was, and she compared it to her machine tattoo experiences. For her, personally, it was more painful, but she's pleased with the result and calls the bloke an excellent tattoo artist. Can't see a problem with it myself.

To her young eyes, it probably did seem "primitive", but I think she's acknowledged that, with remarks about the gloves etc... she's a young girl, hasn't seen the tattoo parlours of yesteryears, only today's "modern" standards, where everything is pristeen medical grade steel and even your shrink-wrapping's shrink-wrapped

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 08/07/2009 17:05  

Of course, by the girl's own admission, she had a mammoth hangover... and just lifting your head off the pillow hurts to hell & back, so probably a really stupid time to go get a tattoo of any description done!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 08/07/2009 17:09  

The bit I like best is how she tries to justify having dirty feet by blaming the shoes she was wearing whilst there... yet in her "after" photo, some 5 months later, her feet are still filthy!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 08/07/2009 17:19  

Wannabe,

Put yer claws away, she can't help it if she's a mucky cow! lol

I think the moral of the story is, wash your feet and when you see a bloke ratchet strapping a 2" Stanley chisel to the end of a scaffold pole, ask him politely of course if he's ever done this before!

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 08/07/2009 17:54  

Moi? Catty? *shocked*

Pass me that saucer of cream would you? There's a good chap

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 08/07/2009 18:05  

Amazing how many posts you can generate from 30 seconds Googling!! Re reading it put me in mind of something I saw ages ago, original Samoan tattooing which seems rather closer to the earlier account, tooth or bone combs driven into the skin with a hammer. This one definitely seems worth an ouch http://www.samoa.co.uk/tattoos.html

Update Reply
prof @ 08/07/2009 19:39  

she needs a b***** good pedicure, that's for sure!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/07/2009 19:46  

tattoos = good

Update Reply
rubie @ 11/07/2009 15:22  

tats are ok,I'd have more if they didnt hurt so bloody much! I know I know...big girls blouse!!

Update Reply
pondlife @ 11/07/2009 16:57  

Sorry Kwak, you've booked, you'll need to ring the call centre in Bangladesh to cancel, here's the number but they only speak the local language so good luck! 01111111999.I'll be sending your invoice and booking out in the morning ROFLMHO apparently I've now ordered a number 36 and a chef's special, whatever that is. Re: Karey's comments about bamboo tattooing.. I wouldn't advise anyone to have it done if the ink goes DEEPER. Should they decide to have them removed it could prove difficult. I had 2 tats removed by having the flesh cut out of my arm. As there wasn't much flesh in my lower arm I now have a dip in it, almost down to the bone. I didn't find my tattoos that painful and the one I have on my shoulder never scabbed over, it was done professionally. The 2 I had removed did scab over and were done with a safety pin and a matchstick. For those who aren't aware having a tattoo lasered means it just takes the colour out of your skin, it doesn't remove the tattoo. You just end up with a white/clear tattoo, still visible.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 11/07/2009 18:52  

oohh Kwak ... a number 36 AND a special .. you sure you can eat all that on your own ?? Back to tatts ... I have found what I want for the base of my back, just need someone to do it now ,... trust me ... yet another tatt with lots of fine lines in it

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 11/07/2009 18:56  

i'm just so glad i've never had a tatoo, i have virgin skin and plan to keep it that way! no laser removals for me

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/07/2009 22:31  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email