MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Bikes you'd never go back to and why?

Bikes you'd never go back to and why? - Forums [Biker Match] Bikes you'd never go back to and why? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Bikes you'd never go back to and why?

Mines pretty easy, while my bike was erm poorly sick and just down right broken :o( I had a GT1000 Ducatti as a hire bike (looked good so I thought as I needed a no wanted a naked bike same cc or bigger) but with a smallish seat for passenger and no grab rail/handle and a power delivery like an on off switch very small fuel tank was totally impractical for winter hacking, ok as a summertime plaything but far less practical as an every day bike as my trusty (erm sorry CB rusty) CB750

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 01/07/2009 12:59  

An old GT550 Kwacker I had would never run right. One day it would run fine and the next it would be the most god awful pile of shite around. Shame as it sounded brilliant and was super comfortable. The other was a Suzuki RF900. Pile of shite from day one, not a patch on Honda build quality or reliability. It stopped when it liked rather than when lack of fuel dictated I needed too. Brakes were never brilliant, it warped discs and blew fork seals reguarly too. A better real world bike than a Fireblade but sadly it fell short on the critical issues. Last but by no means least would be my old Harley Sportster. Never again, it cost me a fortune to have a van follow me everywhere to collect the bits that fell off!

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 01/07/2009 16:37  

bloody horrible gp100 when i was about 16. hated it

Update Reply
julie j @ 01/07/2009 17:22  

I had a couple of GP100s Julie. Never let me down. Well ok, sometimes they did, well maybe a lot and they both rusted like ermmm, something that rusts quickly. Unfortunately I crashed the first one, but by that time I'd blown it up a couple of times and done a couple of engine rebuilds. As such, knowing so much about them I bought another presuming that other bikes would break down as well, so may as well get one I know how to fix! Actually I crashed the second one as well, but I crashed the first one 'properly'!! 40mph straight into the side of a Ford Capri, fly thirty feet through the air thinking you're dead then hit the ground and wish you were. Later on learn that you'd trashed your knees as they hit the handlebars on the way through. Now, that's how to crash. Dropping it at low speed is for amateurs.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 01/07/2009 22:12  

ANY Moto Guzzi.............the two I had, (Yes I know I should have learnt my lesson with the first one!), were so unreliable my ex actually rigged a winch up on the pick up, he was so used to coming and rescuing me! The second one I had, a 750, had a habit of dying suddenly............... unnerving when you were halfway through overtaking something! And it meant that whenever I went anywhere it was a lottery as to whether I would make it there and back!

Update Reply
Dragon13 @ 02/07/2009 06:37  

Suzuki GT750

Drum back brake, need I say more.

Update Reply
vinnie @ 02/07/2009 14:40  

suzuki zr50sl.....sit up and beg type, 2 stroke always going wrong but looked reet grand

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/07/2009 14:51  

Yamaha RD 350 B The throttle was like a SWITCH Either on or off and the front brake was about a effective as an iron bar through the spokes !! Useless under 70 mph It was like riding a "high-speed" pogo stick But the handling was great between 40 and 70 when you could find a billiard table big enough

Update Reply
Emzed @ 02/07/2009 16:14  

Kawasaki Z 250
the rear shocks were not good leaking oil so i took them off and welded up the rear crating my very own hard tail chop looked well nice sprayed all mat black but out on the road it was a killer on the ass. never did that again British roads have to many pot holes

Update Reply
trev0r987 @ 02/07/2009 16:28  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email