MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Europe Trip

Europe Trip - Forums [Biker Match] Europe Trip - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Europe Trip

Who would be interest in a tour around Europe next summer? 5000 miles, over 25-30 days, visiting 8 countries Holland - Start/Finish at my place Belgium - 1 nightFrance - 5 nightsSpain - 7 nightsPortugal -2 nightsItaly - 4 nightsAustria - 2 nightsHungary - 2 nightsGermany - 2 nights With ferries, petrol plus food and accomodation etc... we're looking at about £1,000 per bike (not person). Just wondering how many people would be interested. I'm doing it anyway, but would be nice to have support and company along the way. Remember that you will need a full service before and after. Bike's must be capable machines.... no scooters or slow 125s etc as we're gonna be climbing mountains, blasting through forests, riding on autobahns etc.

Update Reply
Matt @ 22/12/2006 11:22  

i wouldnt mind some of it matt just wrong time for me mate gonna be having the kids loads over summertime this coming year gutted

Update Reply
Oggy @ 22/12/2006 12:57  

Sounds ok I suppose but where exactly is Spaid? Have to see how finances stack up before I say Yes or no though.

Update Reply
rubecula @ 22/12/2006 15:49  

I was thinking that as well Rube. Spaid??? Never heard of it! Is it somewhere near Timbuktoo?

I'd be up for it, if a) I can get the time off work and b) I got me a trike sorted out.

Update Reply
Moxey77 @ 22/12/2006 19:05  

Sorry matt 5000 miles on a zxr 750,probaley less painfull to walk bare foot,the bike is rather too focused and the rear suspension and riding position too extreme. Sounds a great adventure,managed 23 hrs and 50 minutes 400 miles in one trip to north wales and included a party,an indian meal and a night out at a bikers pub near liverpool,and 238 miles one midsummers night of total mayhem around the roads of derbyshire. The zxr runs on dunlop 208s,but now has a more sports touring compound,as the softer compound tyres in hot weather would not tolerate any motorway work,any one planning this trip should be fullying servicing the bike and replacing brake pads tyres chain and sprockets before leaving so as too simplify maintenance abroad,take care Sean

Update Reply
SEAN ZXR750H1 @ 22/12/2006 21:39  

Good advice Sean mate

Update Reply
Moxey77 @ 23/12/2006 06:42  

I'd love to do that. D'you think I'd be ready? What size bike would I need? Would anyone advise me on buying a suitable bike nearer the time?

Update Reply
innerwildchild @ 23/12/2006 08:04  

Blimey Sean D'you have to be so practical. I was happily enjoying a blonde moment biking through frondy forests before I read your post. Now I'm not sure. Just for a start, I didn't understand most of the technical bits ...

Update Reply
innerwildchild @ 23/12/2006 08:09  

Update Reply
Di @ 23/12/2006 08:15  

Sean - it works out at 200 miles per day.... which is 2 hours riding really. You ride more than that on a sunday afternoon you wimp! Think of all the twisty mountain roads, and all the photo opportunities. Beaches, forests, venice, rome, medeteranian sea etc..... woooo

Update Reply
Matt @ 23/12/2006 10:40  

IWC........ you need a bike you are comfortable with, one you are comfortable on and one that can take up and down hills and valleys in it's stride. So something too weedy will be a no no. Something you are not confident with is a no no. But despite all advice you may be given.... choose for yourself!!

Update Reply
rubecula @ 23/12/2006 11:42  

Can I just go and lie on the beach and wave one hand at ya as ya go past please? Can't wave both cos I got a nice cold glass of lager in the other

Update Reply
Di @ 23/12/2006 11:45  

beer beer beer thats all you girls think about isn't it...... (You need not answer that................)

Update Reply
rubecula @ 23/12/2006 11:47  

and the 's' word.......................

Update Reply
Di @ 23/12/2006 11:49  

'S' word...????? Sorry not got a clue what that could possibly be.

Update Reply
rubecula @ 23/12/2006 11:52  

Give ya summat to think about then........................ Answers on a postcard please to........................................

Update Reply
Di @ 23/12/2006 11:53  

ROFLMAO@Di

Update Reply
rubecula @ 23/12/2006 11:55  

Well I'm off to the frondy forests of Europe in the summer. Is it just me, Matt and his girl friend, or is anyone else joining us?

Update Reply
innerwildchild @ 23/12/2006 21:03  

My god there is an offer and a half.............. Joking aside it would be great to join you on a trip. But I can't say as yet as there are too many other things to deal with and who knows what will happen between now and then.

Update Reply
rubecula @ 23/12/2006 22:00  

Naaaa. can't come, got a mini me to raise

Update Reply
Di @ 24/12/2006 05:20  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email