MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Profile photos - the new rules!

Profile photos - the new rules! (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Profile photos - the new rules! (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Profile photos - the new rules!

Mods have been asked to disable profiles that are added/updated but do not include much info (Or just the basics filled in). so how come members with disabled profiles are allowed to post in the forum? Do the members whose profiles have been disabled KNOW they are disabled?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 09/06/2009 22:55  

what cass?

Update Reply
Matt @ 09/06/2009 22:56  

sorry......did i say something...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/06/2009 22:57  

Kwak, if your profile is disabled by a moderator you will receive information via PM about why. All members (inc non-subscribed members) can reply to moderators/staff. You'll still be able to post in the forums etc, but only your photo will appear next to your post... and it wont be 'clickable' to your profile.

Update Reply
Matt @ 09/06/2009 22:59  

Kwak, if your profile is disabled by a moderator you will receive information via PM about why. All members (inc non-subscribed members) can reply to moderators/staff. If my profile is disabled I'd be very bl**dy annoyed, it complies. You'll still be able to post in the forums etc, but only your photo will appear next to your post... and it wont be 'clickable' to your profile See, I don't think we should be able to post if our profile is disabled, even if it's us that disable it

Update Reply
Sandi @ 09/06/2009 23:03  

I dont mind the fact that people disable their profiles. i've done it myself. i see nothing wrong with being able to post on here without people seeing it. would you walk around with a load of leaflets to hand out willy nilly to everyone you met in the street? Wot does bother me is people signing out so that they can view profiles anonymously. That's wot needs to be stopped.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 09/06/2009 23:06  

I dont mind the fact that people disable their profiles. i've done it myself. i see nothing wrong with being able to post on here without people seeing it. Like I said before if they are not prepared for people to view their profile then why do they post in the forum, it's a bit like talking to someone wearing a hoody and a pair of sunglasses talking to us thro a partition! It's anti social if they post, or interact in the chat room and disable their profile. I don't keep my eyes shut when I chat with folk, I like to see who I'm chatting with. would you walk around with a load of leaflets to hand out willy nilly to everyone you met in the street? Not sure what that means

Update Reply
Sandi @ 09/06/2009 23:10  

kwak, nobody is suggesting YOUR profile is gonna be disabled!!! I'm speaking generally. If A profile is disabled, the owner of that profile will get a pm. BB is referring to the fact that you don't necessarily wanna give everyone all your details, even if you wanna talk in the forums. Note BB that you can opt-out of having your profile views recorded now (see earlier forum topic this month)

Update Reply
Matt @ 09/06/2009 23:15  

when you meet someone in the street kwak, would you hand out your life story. I dont think you would. the fact that i pay to be on here kwak means i should have the right to say who looks at it. Or i suppose i could block anyone who looks at it. unless they sign out first in which case i won't know they have.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 09/06/2009 23:15  

you can change that back as well

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 09/06/2009 23:16  

the reason ur able to view profiles when logged out is because I want google to index the profiles. It's good for the site. Most people wanted the option of turning off the logging of who they view, so i made it an option. I know this aint gonna please everyone

Update Reply
Matt @ 09/06/2009 23:18  

bet it pleases all the stalkers that trawl around these sites

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 09/06/2009 23:21  

when you meet someone in the street kwak, would you hand out your life story. I dont think you would. B B filling in a profile, for any site, doesn't mean you have to give your life story. It's nothing like meeting someone in the street, but at least in the street, usually, I can see who is doin the chatting. the fact that i pay to be on here kwak means i should have the right to say who looks at it. Or i suppose i could block anyone who looks at it. unless they sign out first in which case i won't know they have. Doesn't seem a very sociable way of doin things, but I see what you're saying, to have the CHOICE.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 09/06/2009 23:23  

ohh, hot potatoes! . I get ya BB, I agree. Its now been added as an option in the "Views", to turn logging off, aint got a clue whos been looking at mine lately, which lets say 'revealed a lot lately". Not nice!

Update Reply
Newkid @ 09/06/2009 23:25  

actually BB is was the regular members who asked for it. Lets keep this conversation in the topic Kwak has started.

Update Reply
Matt @ 09/06/2009 23:26  

I can't see a better reason for turning off my profile than to stop people sniffing around in there without my permission. oh yea photographs. see i stayed in topic.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 09/06/2009 23:38  

Woohoo! I've turned into a negative image of myself - now the only bit you CAN'T see is my eyes!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 10/06/2009 07:28  

split your post up WB, as i say please keep the discussion about disabling profiles to the other topic

Update Reply
Matt @ 10/06/2009 08:03  

Aha! Now I get where my missing paragraph thing arose - sorry!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 10/06/2009 08:14  

I just thought I had better bump this topic. If people can read Matts rules regarding the profile pictures. I seem to be changing a lot of pictures over at the moment and its from the old established crowd who should know better

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 12/09/2009 00:28  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email