MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Profile photos - the new rules!

Profile photos - the new rules! - Forums [Biker Match] Profile photos - the new rules! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Profile photos - the new rules!

Please can everyone be aware that we're cracking down on profile photos and I personally will be going through old photos on the site for security reasons. Here are the new rules to note (which will be added to the rules page)... Your "Best/Default Pic" must be clearly of yourself, without helmet and not in the middle of 50 other people either. It should be a recent portrait photo of yourself, or as near to this as possible. Miscellaneous photos such as bikes, cars, kitchens, fish, sheep(!), etc can be uploaded in addition to your Best Pic. We have no problem with you uploading jokes which add humour to the site... but you main pic has to be of yourself. Photos solely of other people will be removed from your profile unless we can confirm who it is and that you have permission to upload the picture. You wouldn't want people putting your worst picture on THEIR profile would you? Photos of children are explicitly not allowed! One exception: photos of yourself with your own children. You must have at least one other photo which clearly identifies you. Weapons/Guns being held by a person will not be allowed in profile photos. Neither will photos representing gangs or other threatening behaviour be allowed. Loose articles are fine. 'Suggestive' photos will not be allowed. It goes without saying that 'nude' pics aren't allowed, but neither are those that are too suggestive and of an adult nature. It's at a moderator's descretion whether to allow your photo or not. Photos that are so small and pixelated that it's impossible to make out any details will be removed. These photos frustrate other members (who think that the site is at fault and end up reporting the photo to us). Photos including personal contact information put you at risk, and so will be removed. The 2nd time you upload a photo with your contact details in, you will be banned from the site (Permantently & without exception, subscribed member or not). Number plates of vehicles should be removed, but we do not enforce this. You put yourself at risk if you include your number plate in photos, from those who copy plates to those who want to find you. You should edit your photo(s) before uploading. We reserve the right to amend these rules at any time or to remove any photo without reason pending investigation. Every decision is up to the individual moderator checking your profile. Where a moderator wants a 2nd opinion, your profile will be added to a "holding area" until a Senior Moderator makes a decision. Any questions should be directed to the moderators via the contact page.

Update Reply
Matt @ 09/06/2009 14:43  

Matt, would you add a link to this from the newsletter please? Cheers

Update Reply
Sandi @ 09/06/2009 14:55  

indeed

Update Reply
Matt @ 09/06/2009 15:04  

Can you remove the 'tell you later' option as well? That really irritates me

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 09/06/2009 16:37  

Trouble is, folk are inherently lazy... if you make them fill in too many details before they can get cracking on a site, they'll just drift off, so the "tell you later" option at least gets bodies on board.

I just tell them off for being lazy & say I won't talk to them unless they fill it in properly

You can still see my eyes on my pic and nobody else would be willing to look so daft, so it's obviously me - do I have to change it?

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 09/06/2009 17:35  

ah but is that really you wanna's lmao

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/06/2009 17:36  

Nope - it's my stupid and idiotic twin sister. I'm the cool one

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 09/06/2009 17:38  

Im glad that this has been noted cos its sooooooooo annoyin wen u click on sum1's profile n theres a pik of their bike or pet

Update Reply
drobess @ 09/06/2009 17:42  

hello to wanna,s sister, bring lou back lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/06/2009 17:47  

I can truthfully say Wannabee does actually look like that. Do these last few posts qualify for the quickest off the subject postings?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/06/2009 17:48  

Nah - I left it nearly 3 hours - that's WAY slow.

*hangs head in shame*

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 09/06/2009 17:50  

I'm with D C on the 'tell you later' option, does my swede in when a whole profile is nothing but 'tell you later'! and when it's on the status it makes me think they're attached or going thro a really nasty divorce. I see what you're saying (well I can't hear it) Wannabe about folk chomping at the bit to get started but maybe if the option was to 'leave blank for now' with a gentle reminder to fill some of it in later, would be better?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 09/06/2009 20:57  

Yeah - that'd work - a gentle reminder is probably better than a Wannabe message saying "I don't talk to lazy folk who can't be 'arrisedto complete their profiles"

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 09/06/2009 21:02  

LOL I 'ad enuf trouble gettin' the buggers to stop sendin' me nods and then ignorin' me. (I wish I could disable my NOD option or better still do away with it altogether)

Update Reply
Sandi @ 09/06/2009 21:35  

why not just send a pm and say hello ??

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/06/2009 22:20  

why not just send a pm and say hello ?? When would ya like me to send it?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 09/06/2009 22:32  

whenever ya like lmao

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/06/2009 22:41  

What if ya made the default say "I'm smelly and I pick my nose" instead of "Tell ya later", then theyve gota change it, . Think ma fue gave me permission to post her pick, she said "Grr, woof, woof, woof, grr" think it translates right. Youll be OK WB, sheep are a special case, got a ! after em, look, .

Update Reply
Newkid @ 09/06/2009 22:50  

Mods have been asked to disable profiles that are added/updated but do not include much info (Or just the basics filled in). Nods wont be disabled for individuals as this will cause further confusion to folks. Remember this is a bikers social site, not a microsoft fan-club site full of PC-geeks like me. Things here have to be easy to follow and the least confusing as possible. Trust me a website designer lol. If anyone finds a profile that has any photo that doesn't comply with the rules, please email the Moderators group via the contact page.

Update Reply
Matt @ 09/06/2009 22:52  

Ahem Matt,you blind buddy

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/06/2009 22:53  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email