MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Profile photos - the new rules!

Profile photos - the new rules! (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Profile photos - the new rules! (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Profile photos - the new rules!

Fraglette there are many who are being changed but still others get away with it seems like one rule for one and another for others...Ive seen three profiles with people on who are deliberately hiding their faces or put their bikes on or even have helmets on..they are still up on the site....thought helmets obscured the face!! Nevermind....some of us oldies normally only ever put face profile piccies up...please check back over the last two years!

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 12/09/2009 18:05  

I agree BC, quite a few members have unacceptable photos but if you look at their profle some of them don't have another photo that the mods can change it to. I find it annoying that my photo was changed within an hour of me changing it, I feel like I am being stalked, yet one member has had the same photo for weeks and it's still not been altered.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 13/09/2009 01:51  

You picture was changed so quickly Kwak as I was reading forums and I came across it. BC picture was changed when I was moderating profiles and it was in the Queue and also in the forums. Other peoples pictures do get changed if I see them in the threads or profile queue. If someone new doesnt have an appropriate picture available and I come across it in the queue whilst approving profiles, they have their profile disabled until they upload an appropriate picture. If you want me to be fair about it, then I could always disable your profiles until you agree to change your profile picture. As established members we do allow you some perks. If you want, then send a message to the moderating team, via the contact page with the name of the profile with an inappropriate picture and we will deal with it. I will let you into a little secret, the moderating team is not all seeing, we do have outside lives and we do rely on the help of members to pick up on the bits we may have missed.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 13/09/2009 09:55  

Thnakless job me thinks, not sure i would want to have to look at everybodies pictures, some are shall i say, SCARY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God job Mods keep it up

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 13/09/2009 11:33  

thankless job... no, I'm always saying thanks to the mods! lol Rigan... thanks! Great posts. :-)

Update Reply
Matt @ 13/09/2009 12:13  

there is always help being offered matt !!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/09/2009 13:11  

Frag...us oldies have been putting profile piccies up of our faces in my case for nearly 2yrs I have been on the site..I put one photo up of me on Ruby and it was wiped off in a flash...ok fair enough but I agree with Kwak you feel like you have been stalked this happened over and over again..thought there was something wrong with the website...at least you pm'd me to tell me you was changing it...this time...but I agree it should be a uniform ruling adhered to at all times otherwise it does make some members feel like they are being singled out...thanks!

By the way we appreciate the work the moderators do....and any help we can give is there for you..you only have to ask ...and now you have I personally will keep my eyes open..thanks again!

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 13/09/2009 13:48  

So the rule seems to be if you dont have a good profile pic for the mods to change it to, you get to keep the pic. yeah... that seems fair... NOT Profiles should be disabled until they agree to change it surely

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 13/09/2009 15:34  

FG, I and the other moderators do disable the profiles, for a lot of different breaches of the rules, but if a profile is still awaiting checking it is still viewable. On a Friday to Sunday nights we do get a lot a new members. Any kind of significant date, Christmas, Valentines, etc or when Matt has forked out for adverts in the biking press also brings an influx. We get through the list as quickly as we can. Also everytime someone makes a change to their profile, even if it is just a comma, then it goes back into the queue. Some members I can approve 3 or 4+ times in an evening, each time the full profile and all pictures need to be checked. If a profile is disabled for any reason then we send a PM. If anything on the profile triggers our "scammer alert" then their are further indepth checks that need to be done. If someone only has a picture of them without their face on view, then they are disabled, and a message sent. Mine is usually along the lines of put up a decent pic and re-enable your profile, or just have a profile without a pic if you dont want your face to be seen, but politer The moderators also need to check the forums, deal with complaints, various administration tasks, reset passwords etc. We all have outside real life commitments, which may explain why some profiles dont get checked for a day or so. But we do eventually get through them all. Hope that explains it more for you and why some new members seem to be getting away with it. Well they do, but not for long, we get them all eventually

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 13/09/2009 19:16  

*refresh* http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?to...amp;page=1

Update Reply
Sandi @ 18/11/2009 21:52  

Kwak, ur like the archive of bikermatch. U can find anything in the forums! lol

Update Reply
Matt @ 18/11/2009 22:00  

(...except a man! *sigh* ) I use the 'search' facility, makes it easier to find stuff

Update Reply
Sandi @ 18/11/2009 22:05  

Glad to see Kwak has refreshed this topic..there are still many members with profile pictures that do not meet the new criteria...Ive seen so many recently...

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 18/11/2009 22:59  

BC, you need to email the usernames to the mods via the Contact button at the bottom of any page. Cheers!

Update Reply
Matt @ 18/11/2009 23:09  

No problems Matt will do..(I can hear Wills muttering under his breath!! LOL)

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 18/11/2009 23:14  

I heard that!

Update Reply
Wills @ 18/11/2009 23:18  

*Refreshing this topic for newbies*

Update Reply
Sandi @ 29/11/2009 13:01  

is it kwak erm?

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 29/11/2009 13:13  

LOL ya lickle bugger

Update Reply
Sandi @ 29/11/2009 13:16  

*refresh* see page one http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?to...amp;page=1

Update Reply
Sandi @ 06/12/2009 10:45  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email