MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

buying a new/used bike

buying a new/used bike - Forums [Biker Match] buying a new/used bike - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

buying a new/used bike

Hi everyone just thought i would create a new topic for any of us who are thinking like me of changing there bike. i thought it was a chance for us to post what we are thinking of buying and if there is anyone who hads had bad experiences with that model or in fact know what to look out for then we can share it. so......i am thinking of changing from my gsx1400 to a honda blackbird.....it will have to be good for me to swap.....but anyone got any comments or re what they are changing or buying..lets share it and help each other out !

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/06/2009 12:38  

Ask Matt about the Blackbird. Gets you from London to Matlock evvvvvver so quick when you're late for a BM meet!!!

Update Reply
Di @ 02/06/2009 12:41  

i checked out it was ok to post the forum...he said why bother...just buy the bike......point taken....they must be good lol....gives other peeps to share what there buying etc.....ps good afternoon di

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/06/2009 12:43  

pps.....good afternoon Ian

Update Reply
Di @ 02/06/2009 14:34  

Hey you know I love blackbirds...been pilly on Black Bess a lot and really loved it.

I know after being pilly on your GSX that you will love the blackbird...you ride well..you will be able to handle her especially all that bottom end torque

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 02/06/2009 23:45  

This year I swapped my BMW K100RS for an R1100RS. BMs tend to be a bit like Harleys, attracting loyal buyers and haters in equal measure.
The Ks are built like the Bismarck and will run for ever. But now I've got used to the R (oilhead in BMW-speak) I've found it a far more nimble and better-handling bike that seems to carry its weight a fair bit lower down. Certinly the bike to try for anyone riding a big Jap tourer who wants to dip a toe into BMW-world.
And the advantage for me is that I can still go to BMW club runs and be one of the younger members!

Update Reply
Wills @ 02/06/2009 23:59  

I think the Blackbird is an awesome bike but my comments are only based upon looks and being pillion on one - probably not what you are most concerned with! All the brands seem to have their lovers and haters. I've had a fair amount of stick from some about owning Honda but it's just lighthearted banter generally and I'm capable of giving as good as I get!

Update Reply
Roachy @ 03/06/2009 07:15  

Flipping Hondas, horrible things, you'd never see me riding one.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 03/06/2009 07:48  

My Keyboard can't even type Ho.. Hon... Hod... see!!! Sorry Roachy

Update Reply
Bandit_Mr_P @ 03/06/2009 12:11  

I am waiting for the stick cos Stuey is a Honda replica !!

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 03/06/2009 12:27  

Ooohh... I'd missed that point... Hmmm... Do I lower myself to actually *riding* it??? It'll be bad enough having *it* in the garage! Thinks... take one for the team... it'll do my Karma good

Update Reply
Bandit_Mr_P @ 03/06/2009 13:06  

Hey be nice , you want to play on Vinny this weekend remember

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 03/06/2009 13:08  

*** for his own good *** !!! It is of course, a burden i have to bear

Update Reply
Bandit_Mr_P @ 03/06/2009 13:11  

Yeah yeah , your itching to let him loose on woodhead, just hope your Suzie doesnt feel left out You need to check the milage tho , I think Vinny is over due a service

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 03/06/2009 13:36  

have you come to decision yet?

Update Reply
Di @ 03/06/2009 23:18  

i started this thread for peeps to say if there buying a bike ,what to look out for asking other bikers etc.......you lot are nutters...lmao.........ah well what the hell ......good morning all

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/06/2009 07:40  

Update Reply
Di @ 04/06/2009 09:49  

OK then Ian... are there any 125's on the market for approx minus 10 grand, as that would appear to be the current state of my finances? Hints & tips appreciated

Could be a few hundred quid either way - I'm sure it's open to negotiation - usually UP in the case of my delightful creditors!

P.S. I don't like the cruiser style 125's, gimme a bog standard bike that looks like a bike... no trailies either - I'm a shortarse And nothing blue. Black or red will be perfect. Black AND red will also work.

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 04/06/2009 09:56  

hey...may be able to help you out there..............will keep ya posted

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/06/2009 10:40  

rofl!

Well that was an entirely unexpected response!

In that case... You got a spare 10 grand lying around? I'll pay ya back and everything... it might take a while but!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 04/06/2009 10:45  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email