MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Seems odd

Seems odd - Forums [Biker Match] Seems odd - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Seems odd

Received a message from someone on here but when i click on them its says,this person dosnt exist,or this person has deleted their profile.Had the same from someone who sent me a nod too.Just seems a bit strange to me that someone thinks i'm going to reply when i dont even have a profile to take a look at.maybe its quite innocent. Any ideas why ??

Update Reply
lavender @ 02/06/2009 09:02  

had the same myself, i think its just wierd. there are some strange people out there!!

Update Reply
chunkichick @ 02/06/2009 09:11  

Wills just messaged me to tell me some people hide their profiles.That makes me suspicious for a start.Why are they hiding ? One thing springs immediately to mind,Married. But then again i suppose some people might not want friends etc to know they are on a dating site.But its my first thought,that they are married or partnered up,springs to mind.

Update Reply
lavender @ 02/06/2009 09:25  

yep i agree, tho this site is not just a dating site, i personnally am meeting new friends, like minded folk to ride my bike with, so for me the only reason for hiding ur pic / profile is to hide the fact ur married or partnered. this instantly puts me off and so i block em from my profile.

Update Reply
chunkichick @ 02/06/2009 09:32  

Don't read too much into it - sometimes people disable their profile when they want a break from the site, or haven't the time to chat to people... then when they come back on again, forget to re-enable it. I've always dropped such folk a line & asked them to enable their profile so I can see who I'm talking to. Some I've never heard from again, some didn't even realise their profile was disabled and wondered why nobody had ever replied to them!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 02/06/2009 09:37  

Sometimes its not actually the user that has disabled their profile, If they have ammended it and it is waiting for approval then you wont be able to see it or whilst a moderator is reviewing their profile they may have put something in there that is against site rules and we have disabled it until it is edited out.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 02/06/2009 12:41  

i think each to there own comes into play....but it is a bot odd if people are posting messages etc then disabling there profile...but if they dont wanna chat or want a bit of quiet who are we to judge .......

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/06/2009 12:45  

Surely if you were married, wouldn't you rather lie on your profile than not let peeps see it? unless their partner was also on here i suppose.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 02/06/2009 13:02  

lavender .. pm sent

Update Reply
Karey @ 02/06/2009 13:07  

Personally i would just like to know a little about the person before entering into communication.Dont want to know their life story or anything,just the basics,age and location for a start. Wouldnt want to be chatting to someone young enough to be my son and lives on outer Mars Young enough to be my son,i should be so lucky

Update Reply
lavender @ 02/06/2009 14:58  

No, I agree, so that's why I just drop them a polite line, thanking them for their message & asking them to enable their profile.

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 02/06/2009 15:02  

I think you have to keep in mind that just cos a profile has info in it doesn't make it true. Having said that tho I find it annoying when a profile is full of 'tell you later' what's the point? I get what you mean tho lavender, I especially don't like to contact someone who hasn't got a photo on their profile. If I'm supposed to make friends with someone I at least like to see what they look like before we meet. I'm fed up of being ignored by men when I respond to a nod they've sent me. If it was a slip of their mouse why don't they just say 'oops sorry I hit the wrong icon'.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 02/06/2009 15:48  

ah just read ur post fraglette, i didn't realise that, thanx. do you know just how long it takes to update or mod a profile, this would give me a better idea as some have been "unattainable" for over a week, even after they have nodded me and their "views" to my profile still rise.

Update Reply
chunkichick @ 02/06/2009 17:01  

chunkichick, there are loads of reasons why profiles are disabled. Some come on site, check out others and then disabled their profiles for what ever reason! It might be they no longer want to be on here, it could be that they are just, just odd! Sometimes a profile is disabled for a putting things they shouldn't but prior to that they've looked at your profile and then they never reactivate it! If you get someone look at your profile and then it's disabled, don't worry about it. If the same person keeps doing it then just let one of us know if it annoys you. Di

Update Reply
Di @ 02/06/2009 17:12  

ooh heck!! have I put 'tell you later'? Hope not!

Update Reply
maxnod @ 02/06/2009 17:12  

cheers Di will do, just blocked em so no real worries

Update Reply
chunkichick @ 02/06/2009 17:21  

Well, the point of "tell you later"s is that they're too lazy to fill it in... Or haven't got a clue what to put

I once met up with someone who wouldn't put up a photo (excuse was the "nature" of his job... WTF?) then wouldn't even email me a photo because he "didn't have the facilities" to upload photos to his computer.

Ye gads.

He described himself as "rugged" .... Hmmmm, thought I, that'll do nicely... Rugged, my big fat bottom! So camp, I could hear the guy ropes twanging as he walked down the street.

(Not this site btw - this was about 10 years ago, when most folk still believed that only the perverted and the axe-wielding homicidal maniacal types frequented dating sites... met a few of the former, but thankfully none of the latter )

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 02/06/2009 17:49  

I wouldn't block someone from just looking at my profile or sending me a "nod"... I've only ever blocked one member on here and that was more because I simply couldn't understand what he was going on about and because if I opened a message from him but didn't respond immediately, he'd send another message wanting to know why I "wasn't talking to him"!

Ye gads! Have a little patience!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 02/06/2009 17:56  

WB,it doesn't matter that you ignore my pm's. I know where you live. Har Har.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/06/2009 18:15  

Which comes in handy when I forget *ahem*

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 02/06/2009 18:42  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email