MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Seems odd

Seems odd (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Seems odd (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Seems odd

i meant i blocked after getting nods and him viewing me 10 times and even after a week his profile was still unavailable, im not that blunt!! lol if he can keep viewing me but i cant even see his profile let alone a pic then i get wary.

Update Reply
chunkichick @ 02/06/2009 18:48  

It doesn't bother me CC, I just assume they've got a really poor memory and keep clicking on the same profiles or that they're too shy to talk to me, cos I'm obviously outta their league?! Aye, right! Or maybe they're checking to see if I change to "single"?

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 02/06/2009 18:51  

Which comes in handy when I forget *ahem* Mmm,yes it does come in handy doesn't it WB. Tsk tsk.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/06/2009 18:55  

*hangs head in shame*

Well... I've only lived here since 1991... takes a while to get the hang of an area...

You're not buying it are you... I can tell... dammit... employ distraction technique...

*goes for a nekkid dance around the standing stones*

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 02/06/2009 19:09  

No-one bought anything,it was all free if you remember,which was the problem. Well,your problem. As for DS and myself,it was very entertaining.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/06/2009 19:25  

As for DS and myself... & practically the entire membership of a certain club... it was very entertaining.

My cats, however, were less than amused at the subsequent mercy dashes for the bathroom!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 02/06/2009 20:04  

More than one club. Found the bathroom ok then!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/06/2009 21:44  

There is, of course, times when profiles are off just for editing. Hmm, talking married!!!! Back on.

Update Reply
Newkid @ 02/06/2009 22:23  

CC profiles awaiting approval shouldnt take a week, the moderating team do a much as we can, when we can, and really we try and clear everything in the queue within a day. But at high peak times it may take 36 hours or so, as we all have outside commitments that need attention as well. Sometimes you think, wow, getting to the end of the queue and you find that you are moderating the same profiles over and over again, and trying to figure out what they have changed, I have done some profiles 4 times within one moderating session. To be honest its a good job its online cos i would throttle them otherwise

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 02/06/2009 22:34  

Wouldn't it be easier if the server kept the approved copy and the changed copy, then highlighted any changes? Computers are good at comparing,

Update Reply
Newkid @ 02/06/2009 22:43  

and you find that you are moderating the same profiles over and over again, and trying to figure out what they have changed, I have done some profiles 4 times within one moderating session.

Oh - whoopsie!

I'd no idea that you guys had to approve every change! I'll make a change, then not like the way it appears - e.g. the layout or the way it reads or whatever... so will change it again & again until it's laid out the way I like it.

*hangs head in shame and offers neck for virtual throttling*

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 03/06/2009 08:29  

Wannabe!!!! hahah ahh well, lass u keep us busy

Update Reply
Karey @ 03/06/2009 08:39  

Gonna clear something up that even the mods have misunderstood... When you update your profile, it's automatically approved (if enabled). BUT it gets flagged for the moderators as a "Changed" profile (Same goes for new profiles). Mods then have the ability to approve, disable or flag the profile. If flagged then the profile is taken offline and locked for investigation (i.e. The member can't change it). If disabled then it goes offline for the member to make changed. If approved, nothing changes other than it drops off our "to-do" list. You should always remind someone to enable their profile if they nod at you. Many people disable their profile and don't even realise they've done it. For anyone interested in how to enable/disable, just click...My Account \ Profile \ Enabled (or Disable).

Update Reply
Matt @ 03/06/2009 08:57  

You should always remind someone to enable their profile if they nod at you. Many people disable their profile and don't even realise they've done it.

Yep - that's always what I've figured - it seems to happen occasionally & those folk tend to thank you for it. It helps keep folk on board if you let them know nobody can "see" them. If everyone just ignores them, they'll start to feel that they're "wasting" their time being on the site.

I don't feel quite so guilty after your clarification on the profile updates Matt, but I'll try to proof-read better before submitting changes in future. I have been known to edit my profile several times in quick succession when I've spotted a spelling or grammatical error

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 03/06/2009 09:25  

I always thought when a profile wasn't visible, after someone sent me a wink/nod, was cos they winked/nodded by mistake and don't want me to get in touch lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 03/06/2009 20:41  

i am sure no one would do that to ya kwak...if they did they must be kwakers !!!!!...............god my jokes get worse..help.......lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/06/2009 20:50  

well that clears thing up a bit cheers matt

Update Reply
chunkichick @ 03/06/2009 20:58  

Ian, yes your jokes are getting worse!

Update Reply
Di @ 03/06/2009 23:09  

ahhh....di....but bet ya smiled lmao.....cant keep opening these xmas crackers up early to get my jokes though .........

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/06/2009 23:15  

Just put my Christmas crackers in the loft, keep ya hands off!!

Update Reply
Di @ 03/06/2009 23:16  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email