MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Karma / Fairer popular members pages

Karma / Fairer popular members pages (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Karma / Fairer popular members pages (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Karma / Fairer popular members pages

Peter, I've built a new system today which I'm calling "Karma". The whole idea kinda developed throughout the day really, I had no plans to do this when I woke up lol. Basically... the old popular members page was bad, unfair and inaccurate. Therefore I designed a "Karma" rating. This is basically a member's reputation on the site, in the form of a percentage. Click here for info... http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/misc/karma_desc.asp

Update Reply
Matt @ 01/06/2009 15:37  

You carry on as you are Peter I'll break it in a bit that'll stop Matt confusing you

Update Reply
Di @ 01/06/2009 15:37  

lmfao @ Di

Update Reply
Karey @ 01/06/2009 16:00  

fortunately it's got no user-input, so you can't break it! (Watch me curse myself now and Di will break it somehow lol)

Update Reply
Matt @ 01/06/2009 16:14  

Formula changed again to reduce the gap between those flying ahead at the top of the Karma table. I think the current code should be fair. I've taken the maximum and averages from each of the Karma criteria and tried to balance it.

Update Reply
Matt @ 01/06/2009 16:49  

lmao *now, where's me tool box, there's a hammer in there*

Update Reply
Di @ 01/06/2009 17:43  

so what does everyone think? I've spent 9 hours making this lol

Update Reply
Matt @ 01/06/2009 17:51  

0.2% chance of being on the A list!

Update Reply
julie j @ 01/06/2009 17:56  

oooh 97% and 3rd on the list..... I'm loving it * awwww it wint last, so im lapping it up *

Update Reply
Karey @ 01/06/2009 18:08  

do i get extra cos ive got 1+3/4 bikes ?

Update Reply
julie j @ 01/06/2009 18:11  

it will though. It's much more 'stable' if you like than the last script. Wont change day to day based on how much junk someone sent out for example. It's based on many more variables now. Note: You get an extra 50 points for being staff, bringing your total to 142.22. I tried to get the popular pages to not have such a large get in % between 1st and 20th position... that way I knew it was a fairer system

Update Reply
Matt @ 01/06/2009 18:11  

i gotta say i av read all this lot n i aint got a clue as 2 wot any of u is on about lol

Update Reply
drobess @ 01/06/2009 21:25  

Drob, you an me both darlin, think its all a wind up

Update Reply
julie j @ 01/06/2009 21:27  

aaaah.... why is it some complicated? lol Everyone now has a 'Karma'. What's Karma? It's a word i decided to use to represent your status, activity, popularity etc all in one little bar under your profile (In the forums, searches, etc). This whole topic came about because it was just a developing idea throughout the day So my friends, you all now have a "Rating" on the site if you like. You should aim to get your "Karma" high by being active on the site and joining in where possible. Why? Just a bit of fun It may be in the future that certain things are only available for those with high Karma... like staff positions, freebies, etc.

Update Reply
Matt @ 01/06/2009 21:46  

and you can click on any Karma bar to see all the info about the system, how it works etc. It started out this morning as me trying to make the "Popular Guys/Gals" pages fairer

Update Reply
Matt @ 01/06/2009 21:47  

I quite like Karma, but I prefer Madras

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 01/06/2009 21:53  

lol at the frog!

Update Reply
julie j @ 01/06/2009 21:54  

so it says good or bad votes from other members, how does that work?

Update Reply
julie j @ 01/06/2009 21:56  

im gettin u now matt.........im in chat nearly every nite so i should av lots of karma.............shouldnt i???????????

Update Reply
drobess @ 01/06/2009 22:02  

I think I,m quite happy with the people I know on site rating/judging me for what they know about me! so I think I,ll keep my little blue line as is-little,might even go into competition with you Julie see who gets to minus Karma firstwould there be a prize Matt

Update Reply
old red @ 01/06/2009 22:07  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email