MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Karma / Fairer popular members pages

Karma / Fairer popular members pages (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Karma / Fairer popular members pages (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Karma / Fairer popular members pages

nope, there's definitely 20

Update Reply
Matt @ 01/06/2009 10:55  

Maybe I should make it so that the top user always has a "subscribed" account. Or would that make people post too much junk onto the site?

Update Reply
Matt @ 01/06/2009 10:58  

not sure Matt, how would being subscribed lead them to posting too much junk?

Update Reply
Karey @ 01/06/2009 11:01  

people want a free subscription, so they will put lots of comments in the forums like "lol" in a single post, to bump up their Karma. They might even create new accounts and "hit" their own profile etc. I wanna avoid that. I'll think about it though. Ok so I've implemented the new code now. The popular member's pages and also the profile display page have been changed. Let me know what you think. Going to change the forum pages now also

Update Reply
Matt @ 01/06/2009 11:04  

ahh ok.. i see what you mean. What about changing it to ' most forums topics started' instead?

Update Reply
Karey @ 01/06/2009 11:07  

Ah good idea. Question: Do we want to see number of point or a percentage of the highest score? I suppose for new members, a 90 Karma rating means nothing... but a rating of 75% does.

Update Reply
Matt @ 01/06/2009 11:13  

Another question: Should people be able to increase your Karma to a maximum of one point per 'voter'? For example: If you really enjoyed someone's company at an event, should you be able to 'bump' their Karma by 1 point? Or if you are being hassled by someone you could drop their Karma by 1 point. Thoughts?

Update Reply
Matt @ 01/06/2009 11:26  

hmmm I personally, think a percentage looks better. Not sure about the voting thing.. you need more input, see what others have to say.

Update Reply
Karey @ 01/06/2009 11:30  

I'll include a count of uploaded profile photos too.

Update Reply
Matt @ 01/06/2009 11:38  

i have a total lack of interest in this, its boring! well you did ask!

Update Reply
julie j @ 01/06/2009 12:35  

ive changed me mind Matt, what do i have to do to get negative points? like the idea of being a bad girl

Update Reply
julie j @ 01/06/2009 12:36  

am starting a free nodding service anybody wanting to up their karma send me a pm and i will do all i can to help offer only open to single non smoking men over 5ft 8 weighing under17st with nice fluffy rug within a 75mile radius of harrogate!

Update Reply
julie j @ 01/06/2009 12:42  

could have done all that in one post i suppose

Update Reply
julie j @ 01/06/2009 12:43  

Matt you really are putting a lot of time and effort into improving the site and making it more interesting. I joined up cos its a dating site and i would like to be able to send people something a bit more interesting than a nod, is there any chance of some more options?

Update Reply
julie j @ 01/06/2009 12:54  

Extra Karma points for doing something that people like... Is this a Miss World/Mr Universe competition? Hmmm... <Quote> I like fluffy bunnies, want to work with children and animals, and look gggggrrrrrreat in a Bikini! Oh, and world peace would be nice too. </Quote> ... That's me in negative figures by the end of the day

Update Reply
Bandit_Mr_P @ 01/06/2009 12:59  

Bikini Bandit Mr P? Make sure you use plenty of sunscreen

Update Reply
Di @ 01/06/2009 13:03  

wooo just increased my karma by 5% by including profile pictures count. I'm loving this new Karma stuff, i can do all sorts with the system. So happy i got the new server :-)

Update Reply
Matt @ 01/06/2009 13:17  

Matt... 'karm down.. karm down'

Update Reply
Karey @ 01/06/2009 13:21  

wow I'm on a roll today!!! How do you like the new Karma status bar? Available under all your forum posts, your profile page and the popular pages. (Will add to the search pages shortly). Good eh? Taken a lot of code to do that though

Update Reply
Matt @ 01/06/2009 15:12  

I'm confused

Update Reply
petervalk @ 01/06/2009 15:32  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email