MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

life is too short for a zumo, please discuss

life is too short for a zumo, please discuss - Forums [Biker Match] life is too short for a zumo, please discuss - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

life is too short for a zumo, please discuss

so who`s had fun and games on the garmin website? what a bloody nightmare!! had i known how difficult it is to sort out the maps i would never had spent my money on this, customer support and website is pants, preloaded maps are 2 years out of date, product code to download new ones is nowhere to be found product code given to me by website is invalid.does anyone know how to download free maps before i get the hammer out and send the bits back to amazon

Update Reply
julie j @ 15/05/2009 19:43  

no idea's Julie but have a ''there there there''

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 15/05/2009 19:52  

yeah that really helps

Update Reply
julie j @ 15/05/2009 19:56  

speak to Matt he has one

Update Reply
Phil @ 15/05/2009 20:11  

have given Matt enough agrro over the past couple of wks! prob is with the website and customer support, have you ever known a help line shut at 5pm? just cant get the maps to download

Update Reply
julie j @ 15/05/2009 20:41  

Speak to bluesbiker he downloads maps to his Garmin.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 15/05/2009 20:58  

hope yu get it sorted i'm flying to Seville in a mo!friend of mine has a garmin see if she know's owt!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 16/05/2009 06:16  

Never could stand the idea of being a guinea pig Got caught like that wi bike in the 70's Obviously cant say on here but suffice to say that by the time the Mk II model rolled out, all the faults shown up on mine had been addressed but I was still trying to claim repairs under warranty I M O on the subject of twat navs, there are too many people in the chain of operation with copyright,licences,technology, et al for it to be unified with standard pdf upload files or self exe files in a common format but while its fragmented and profit driven and not customer driven it stands little chance of being reliable and trustworthy Never mind "user friendly" Its a wonder they work at all ! But they are "alledgedly" superior to the military version soz folks bit of a rant, got carried away

Update Reply
Emzed @ 16/05/2009 07:14  

If it makes you feel any better Julie .. mine is brilliant lol!! 9

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 16/05/2009 07:54  

I know there a few riders on the whitby run with a zumo julie, so try and reisit the hammer till tomorrow and see if they can help!! I,m in the process myself of thinking about getting one along with the scala Q2 headsets......so get yours sorted and it wont put me off!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/05/2009 10:06  

cw, i really would not recomend this to anyone! we have spent hours trying to get the maps, some very clever people have tried and failed, the prob all seems to be with the garmin website and helpline hours are mon -fri 8.30-5.30 when im at work, so will need to take a day off work to sort this out, also product code given by garmin is invalid! wish id bought the tom tom, the one for the car is brilliant, never had a prob at all, even if i sort this now i will have to get new maps in a few years, dont know if i can return it as its not faulty, just cant get the customer support to sort it and there is no help on the website!

Update Reply
julie j @ 16/05/2009 11:15  

Definitely a black mark for not having a helpline running to at least mid-evening. Have you tried emailing them?
Having said that, I've got a Garmin (forgotten the model, but a bog-standard one) for the car and when there were problems registering it with Garmin they sorted it all out pretty quickly.

Update Reply
Wills @ 16/05/2009 12:27  

I have an older Garmin and had the same problem with trying to get map updates the codes they send are invalid. I gave up with it in the end. I was looking at getting a newer model this year and had wondered if the Zumo was any better. Looks like I will go for the TomTom Rider instead Sorry Julie that aint much help to you

Update Reply
micksaway @ 16/05/2009 12:40  

TomTom's customer support is terrible. took over a year to sort out my Rider v1. things to to a point where I pulled the contract i had with TomTom for the company I worked for and moved to Co-Pilot. once i did that and lost TomTom about £12k worth of business they finally relented and replaced my Rider V1 with a Rider v2. so your not doing too badly lol.

Update Reply
Phil @ 16/05/2009 12:48  

Garmin have excellent customer support, just email them. The Zumo is fantastic, and the software is ok when you spend a bit of time with it. Really love my Zumo though - it's taken me all over Europe, all around the Alps etc.

Update Reply
Matt @ 16/05/2009 15:56  

thanks fir all your comments, have emailed and am waiting for reply, prob will be monday, just hope i can understand it when it arrives. I`m sure that the sat nav its self will live up to expectations when i get it up and running as everybody loves em just feel really let down by the support from garmin, have been trying for 3 days now!

Update Reply
julie j @ 16/05/2009 16:11  

sounds like none mentioned for me then.... I just want something to plug in, and use... keep us updated julie!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/05/2009 16:56  

Have to admit I'm very happy with my Tom Tom Rider, never had any probs with the customer support myself.

Update Reply
Dragon13 @ 16/05/2009 17:55  

Julie, when we were chatting last night, you were dropping out every couple of minutes as though you were having connection problems. Could this be part of the issue? 3 ....

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 16/05/2009 19:43  

no, pretty sure it was the thunderstorm causing that,never had a prob like that before and it stopped after the storm. will wait and see what response i get to the email i sent

Update Reply
julie j @ 16/05/2009 23:46  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email