MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

life is too short for a zumo, please discuss

life is too short for a zumo, please discuss (2) - Forums [Biker Match] life is too short for a zumo, please discuss (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

life is too short for a zumo, please discuss

Julie, After you so kindly offered me a chip (OK, having claimed to have licked it first, but still...) Have you heard from Garmin yet? I don't know what type of Garmin Zumo you've got, mine is the 550, and everything I've done with it so far has *had* to be done with the ActiveX control installed from the Web Site, and the Zumo plugged in to the laptop. I've downloaded various updates, including the "Free for 30 days" speed camera updates, and not had a problem. I know that one of the first things that happened to my Zumo was it get a firmware upgrade from the Garmin site "automagically"... I also have: City Navigator Europe Serial NumberUnit Serial NumberRegistration Code and Unlock Code. Sometimes, it's not 100% clear which code is required, but I've always re-read and figured it out. Let us all know how it's going, there's plenty of us out here with the Zumo range. Ian

Update Reply
Bandit_Mr_P @ 18/05/2009 17:01  

two more phone calls, two more emails and still not sorted. garmins answer is to send you a check list and say try again, change browser settings disable firewall use a wired connection do it straight from modem use another computer reinstall disc blah blah blah ready to go cry in the corner now

Update Reply
julie j @ 18/05/2009 17:08  

we are now onto our 3rd product code. dont buy one of these unless you have the patience of a saint, a whole week to sit on hold waiting for someone to answer helpline no and are a pc genius! what a waste of time and money!

Update Reply
julie j @ 18/05/2009 17:15  

ok, so yet another phone call and prob could be a corrupt download ?? so i am being sent a dvd through the post.

Update Reply
julie j @ 18/05/2009 17:30  

I have used both systems but never had problems with either. if you download the maps though, makesure you have backups as they wont let you download again. if you have dvd you can restore them as many times as you wish. code will be on dvd case. Because sat navs have a habit of sending you down the dodgiest of roads when planning on the fly. With Garmin i can plan my routes on my pc and download them to sat nav them i have no surprises on route. At least no road type surprises.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 18/05/2009 18:04  

Because sat navs have a habit of sending you down the dodgiest of roads when planning on the fly. With Garmin i can plan my routes on my pc and download them to sat nav them i have no surprises on route. At least no road type surprises. Even when you ride out from horseshoe pass. Steady how you go on that gravel. lol just another question why plan on the fly wouldn't you be better planning on the bike. Opps sorry blues forgive me, will you still put my straight bars back on tomorrow.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 18/05/2009 19:28  

hmmm... i'll have to think about it now.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 18/05/2009 19:41  

still waiting for disc to arrive.................... must be lost in transit

Update Reply
julie j @ 21/05/2009 20:05  

still no disc

Update Reply
julie j @ 22/05/2009 18:56  

you'll just have to use the old fashioned atlas julie!!!!! at least they dont need any discs,,,,,mind you i still get lost(sorry,,make unscheduled detours) when planning routes from mine fingers crossed for postman and disc tomorrow!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/05/2009 19:08  

craig, i do know that you get lost from time to time but i wanna go on holiday!!!

Update Reply
julie j @ 22/05/2009 19:13  

hence the fun of the map julie,,,I'm going to italy on bike in august,, ferry to amsterdam then who knows!!!! depends if map is upside down or not,,,,,,strange country's, roads, stupid people even drive on wrong side, so i will either be totally stressed when I get back or it will be the best thing i've done for a while,,, thats if I make it back

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/05/2009 19:20  

so its been about 3 weeks now, last email reply took over a week,disc still not arrived . Nothing more to say really.

Update Reply
julie j @ 30/05/2009 12:14  

Oh bugger Julie...can't believe you're having this much hassle with it. Hope you get it sorted really soon.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 30/05/2009 14:00  

You are having such hell Julie I feel for you hunny..Im having the same level of stress but with boilers. plumbers, landlords and letting agents...

DEEP BREATHES...now give em hell!!!!!!

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 01/06/2009 00:47  

ha landlord! chance would be a fine thing, i have to stump up 3,654 to pay for a new boiler! thats over half a street triple! i would be better of on benefits!

Update Reply
julie j @ 01/06/2009 12:47  

sorry for my flippant attitude today, dont know whats got into me! think i shoud go for a destress razz about!

Update Reply
julie j @ 01/06/2009 12:49  

Yep that was a bit flippant lol, why so much for a boiler? You'd get a full system for less than that..........

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 01/06/2009 15:06  

Julie, Any news on the disk yet? I'm looking at a couple of updates for my Zumo, and wanted the "for life" map updates... I've had the speed camera ones, and they worked, but I'm a little tempted to go for "On CD" option for maps! Any news?

Update Reply
Bandit_Mr_P @ 02/06/2009 11:25  

news is got an email today asking what was the prob with the dvd, what error codes i got when i installed the dvd. I have not recieved the flamin dvd! what a bunch of idiots!

Update Reply
julie j @ 02/06/2009 16:49  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email