MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Sad biker crash this weekend

Sad biker crash this weekend - Forums [Biker Match] Sad biker crash this weekend - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Sad biker crash this weekend

Recently a group of guys some who I know have all gotten the bike bug, Stu has been 1st to pass and get on the road, but sadly on Friday night he came into trouble only less than 2 weeks of passing. Although I've not been to see him myself yet as I don't really know him well, I hear he overtook a car then failed to get round the corner afterwards, going wide and hitting a car that was oncoming. He's lost part of one finger and one leg is badly smashed, depending if it now gets infected, he could have it amputated. It's a sad situation and will be a major impact on his life, I wish him all the best. I reflect on it regularly and stands as a stark reminder that experience counts for so much.
I don't know the details, I hope also the other people involved are ok.

Update Reply
njl @ 19/04/2009 18:55  

Nailed it on the head. Experiance is learned and earned. Sometimes the very hard way.

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 19/04/2009 19:03  

A friend once told me than when you take up biking you start out with a full pot of luck and an empty pot of experience. The trick is to try to fill that pot of experience before you run out of luck... Give my regards to your mate when you see him and let us know how he's getting on.

Update Reply
mat750 @ 19/04/2009 19:14  

It can happen so quickly can't it, wishing him all the best

Update Reply
Dragon13 @ 19/04/2009 19:29  

this is happening so often this time of year saved up all winter and the sun is shining so of out to play and its so easy when inexperienced to misjudge situations especially if you are used to being out in the car or with a more experienced group,easy to forget and get carried away, only need to lose concentration for a second. Fingers crossed for your mate ngl, hope all goes well with his recovery.

Update Reply
julie j @ 19/04/2009 19:37  

hope yr mate soon gets betta

Update Reply
drobess @ 19/04/2009 22:01  

all the best to Stu, hope he gets well soon. Yes experience counts for a lot, but it's a shame insurance companies don't realise this. They penalise young riders, even those who lots of experience, and let new bikers over 30 get away with paying peanuts to ride a fireblade after passing their test. I know so many bikers who were able to get powerful bikes after passing their test, and so many of them have serious accidents. By the time I was 19/20 I had 10's of 1000's of miles experience, but still could only get a little GPZ (Restricted lol). Again all the best to your mate, hope he learns from this but most importantly recovers fully

Update Reply
Matt @ 19/04/2009 22:18  

Yep, here comes the accident season once more. Already had one in my village, luckily not too much damage done on this occasion. I hope your mate recovers quickly and fully, give him our good wishes please.

Update Reply
Di @ 20/04/2009 07:57  

All the best to Stu, hope he recovers quickly and is soon back on his bike again. As a newbie on L's I'm only too aware of whats going on, but already I've had a couple of 'hairy' moments, some my own fault, some car/van drivers and some bikers.. Like others have said, this it the time all the FWB's etc come out, so just be a little more aware. Also it's glorious sunshine here today, but there was ice on the car this morning.. its deceiving.. ride safe everyone. Take care

Update Reply
Karey @ 20/04/2009 08:11  

A stark reminder to us all, do hope Stu get's better soon.

Update Reply
Jansky1960 @ 20/04/2009 08:58  

All the very best Stu, I am sure all his biker friends will keep his spirits up. Some bike sites don't like post like this being put up but I think like others have said it gives us all a reminder to take care out there. I had a really bad ride home from Matlock last night so this just makes me reaslise I did the right thing in pulling over, composing myself then setting off again.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 20/04/2009 09:33  

Hope hes going to be ok..it does make ya think..its a wake up to the rest of us that it can happen any time .and not nec your fault,i got loads of experience 42 years this year 36 of em on the road.....sorry we did nt make Matlock..but we were lucky...hit a pot hole big one lost the back of me bike, most of it went between the wheel n swingarm but i managed to keep control..n stop...me n sheila ok..but now got no bike..could have been worse..see now what i can get Sandwell Coucil to do ..watch this space...take it easy out there ..

Update Reply
tazant @ 20/04/2009 20:10  

All the best to your buddy,tell him your BMers are thinking of him x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/04/2009 21:36  

pot holes are bad now after a hard winter so watch that rd ahead! there's alway's the unexpected never relax an get complacent! keep alert stop for that coffee an forty wink's if neccesary!dont be the hero an soldier on!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 20/04/2009 22:58  

It's a learning curve gone bad;get well soon Stu .

Update Reply
excalibur @ 21/04/2009 19:00  

Apparently they said on the news the otherday, that some councils are leaving potholes as a traffic calming measure......................

Update Reply
Dragon13 @ 21/04/2009 19:07  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email