MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Performance

Performance - Forums [Biker Match] Performance - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Performance

I'm just wondering how you all find the performance of the site now? I've made some changes and would like feedback if possible. Thanks

Update Reply
Matt @ 08/04/2009 17:30  

something really has happened to my match maker alert ,i used to get lots of matches but now its none and my only specification was non smoker, think something has gone wrong, does this also mean i dont show up on anyone elses? also ive had a few time expired notices, cant remember when

Update Reply
julie j @ 08/04/2009 17:56  

oh crap - just realised the weekly matchmakers are screwed up! Damn damn damn

Update Reply
Matt @ 08/04/2009 19:16  

http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?to...ic_id=3445 Thank you so much for letting me know Julie!

Update Reply
Matt @ 08/04/2009 19:49  

no probs ... did mention it a couple of weeks ago and i think your response was to stop being so picky !

Update Reply
julie j @ 08/04/2009 20:06  

Get him told Julie! He loves it when yr dominant

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 08/04/2009 20:18  

bloody hell......... http 500 internal server error.....what next???? this is all my fault innit............. im jinxed..... Matt sorry for complaining, have i broken the site?

Update Reply
julie j @ 08/04/2009 21:17  

Its cos i never use it myself so didn't notice. And you were the only person (in about 4,000 MM alerts) to mention it. I had to assume it was user-error lol ;-)

Update Reply
Matt @ 08/04/2009 21:18  

Ahhhh.... there's been tweakery has there?

Maybe that explains this I keep getting come up:

HTTP:/1.1 New Session Failed

Exactly as typed (i.e. HTTP in capital letters and only one "/")... white screen, large bold type.

The address in the browser address bar indicates whatever I'm expecting - have had it happen when clicking on "Forums" "All Forums" and "Active Topics" so far... the shortcuts via the jumpgate seem to be working OK, it's just when I use the buttons on the forums page...

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 08/04/2009 21:19  

Yes, I had that before, same as Wannabe. Also seems more than a bit slow.

Update Reply
Wills @ 08/04/2009 21:33  

Yep... it was running OK before... but the last post I tried to make was a bit like trying to run through treacle... which is OK if that's what floats yer boat, but it's not really my scene

Ended up reloading the site as it was clunkier than a clunky thing in hobnailed boots... seems a little better atm...

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 08/04/2009 21:42  

Folks names are in chat room list but no one answering, either I've been sent to Coventry or they aint there or the chat room has gone tits up again. If my name is showing in the chat room it shouldn't be, cos I've logged out. The site is running slow, taking a while to load a page.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 08/04/2009 21:45  

bin and had a look kwak, you aint in there

Update Reply
julie j @ 08/04/2009 21:47  

Same here, slow as something very slow indeed. Thought it was my son on his X-Box tying up the wireless, but after careful shouting and blame-casting, I realised that he was actually doing the washing-up. Oops!

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 08/04/2009 21:49  

12 seconds to generate an "active topics" view? Something's not working right!

Update Reply
mat750 @ 08/04/2009 22:35  

lol Julie, thanks. Site has been running as normal for last few minutes

Update Reply
Sandi @ 08/04/2009 22:51  

I find it pretty slow at times to load up, just gota wait. Matt, is getting this when I try to log out a prob:-

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e14' Incorrect syntax near '='. /sites/bm/header_inc.asp, line 381Does seem to log out though.

Update Reply
Newkid @ 09/04/2009 00:33  

To everyone except NewKid.... i've adjusted the settings a little more and hopefully there will be no more failures to create sessions. It was my effort to speed things up (And it worked for a few hours!). I've slowed it down again a bit and allowed for more sessions until we get the right balance. NewKid - how the hell did you do that???? :-( What page are you logging out from?

Update Reply
Matt @ 09/04/2009 07:16  

NewKid - fixed! Thanks for letting me know. This has been a small bug for many month and it took me 3 seconds to fix (added 2 little brackets) See guys - you MUST let me know if something doesn't work or else it wont get fixed. I rely heavily on everyone to tell me these things. Just use the contact form/webmaster if you need to raise a problem. Thanks again

Update Reply
Matt @ 09/04/2009 07:22  

Ah yes. Tweakery. It always has a hand in these things

Never noticed an error while logging out... but then I tend to have half a dozen tabs open and don't bother looking after logging out. Just close all the tabs down when I'm done

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 09/04/2009 08:45  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email