MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Performance

Performance (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Performance (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Performance

Oooh! "you multi tasker you" Or are you afraid of missin sumat? But seriously, I have noticed that some forum topics take an age to load! particularly the ones with many pages. Maybe the first 2 or 300 pages could be stored under a "link" so that all pages dont have to load when topic is accessed, just the first 10 pages? Just athought Matt , otherwise, great stuff, keep up the good work Em

Update Reply
Emzed @ 09/04/2009 09:06  

actually thats just a coincidence emzed. You can load a topic t hat has a million posts, but as long as u only load one page which has 10 records or so then the delay is something else Theres a few things that cause delays - especially during backups every 15 minutes. FYI - i get my new glass fibre next wednesday so the new server will be online soon :-)

Update Reply
Matt @ 09/04/2009 18:47  

ooo new glass fibre, wass that then? but on a more serious note, Matt, im really looking forward to getting my matchmaker now but when i search, why cant i just look for single as in unattatched not have to choose to look for either divorced widowed single etc, i must be missing loads of people out.also can we have either smokers or non smoker, if your trying to quit, then your still a smoker, if we all just search for one or the other isnt it going to exclude less people?

Update Reply
julie j @ 09/04/2009 20:00  

Got to agree with Julie about the smoking category. Do we really need that many options? Not sure I'll ever find myself searching for a female cigar/pipe smoker... Wouldn't it make more sense to just have two choices or at the most 3; regular/light/non-smoker?

Update Reply
mat750 @ 10/04/2009 17:00  

thing is - the profiles contain all them options. When a new profile is created, it has to match your MM alert. There's only one solution... create 2 identical MM alerts but with different smoker options. I'll think how possible it is to have tick-boxes, but it will be very complicated and cause new profiles to be sloooowwwww to create (Already takes 15 seconds or so for all the emails etc to go out for MM alers).

Update Reply
Matt @ 10/04/2009 19:24  

Every time I hit the 'active topics' button I get an error message. It's happened 3 times in the last 12 minutes, anyone else having same problem? I've reported it to Matt ADODB.Field error '800a0bcd' Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record. /sites/bm/forum/active_topics.asp, line 226

Update Reply
Sandi @ 10/04/2009 22:23  

Yep - active topics... only get first 5 topics and same error message.. tried 3 times since 10.30 & had it happen each time.

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 10/04/2009 22:36  

Doesn't seem to happen with other options - all forums etc... but on both the button & the jumpgate to "Active Topics"

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 10/04/2009 22:38  

me too same as just now been on all night and this is the 1st time

Update Reply
julie j @ 10/04/2009 22:39  

Matt are you fiddling again? lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 10/04/2009 22:40  

it will be another lightening strike HOLD OFF WIV THE NEKKID DANCIN FOR A BIT !

Update Reply
julie j @ 10/04/2009 22:43  

Same here and Matt emailed

Update Reply
Wills @ 10/04/2009 22:48  

shame I didn't view the site before going bed last night. I was watchin movies all night then only just saw all the emails this morning. Ah well 12 hours or so it was a problem for, and only the events forum/active topics.

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/04/2009 11:37  

matt, any idea why that when i looked at an event, oxford ride out, i then checked out milage on aa autoroute then clicked back onto site a nod was sent??????? had to log in again but all seems ok???

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/04/2009 11:51  

erm - what? lol. Sorry but i don't follow that. A nod was sent? to you/from you? A nod is sent if you press the button. Going to another site and back again has nothing to do with what happens on this site

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/04/2009 13:36  

sorry to be a pain but can someone help! I'm having trouble with new topic function..if I click on website issues the all topics/active topics/ new topic etc bar is on page but if I click on all forums I lose the all topic and new topic function and also wont let me access this from quick-jump !! Is this ok or not???and what is right way to post new topic!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/04/2009 20:39  

might have sussed it, if I click on a post everything comes up!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/04/2009 20:41  

Quick reply from my mob: u need 2 go 2 all forums,select a forum n then u can start a new topic. U cnt do it from active topics page coz the site wouldnt no which forum u wntd 2 post it in.
Soz 4 short-txtin, PM me if u wana no more n il reply 2moro

Update Reply
Matt @ 12/04/2009 21:40  

Thanks Matt, learning everyday..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/04/2009 21:49  

New opitics seem to work OK matt

Update Reply
Emzed @ 15/04/2009 11:02  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email