MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Can Standard members PM or post on forum?

Can Standard members PM or post on forum? - Forums [Biker Match] Can Standard members PM or post on forum? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Can Standard members PM or post on forum?

Just curious. Just wonderng if its holding some back from joining in?

Update Reply
ZZRpilot @ 07/04/2009 20:44  

not sure if i got this right but i think they can reply to pms but nowt else...cant add posts or send pm or join chatroom, price to upgrade is so cheap tho they can always try for a month see if they want to subscribe

Update Reply
chunkichick @ 07/04/2009 22:54  

Last I remember Matt posted that standard members CAN send PMs, but if you want to know for sure always best to ask Matt directly, via the home page 'contact'

Update Reply
Sandi @ 08/04/2009 09:51  

Matt came back and corrected himself on that point... Standard members can still only *reply* to a PM sent to them.

They also can only see your main profile pic and can't click on the option to see more photos... apparently some believe I have something to hide Not a problem, part with yer pennies and you get to see if my nose really *is* shaped like a camera lens!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 08/04/2009 10:48  

Does your nose-lens extend, telephoto style, with every fib you tell? *steps back two paces*

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/04/2009 12:42  

Do you reckon 2 paces is far enough?

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 08/04/2009 13:03  

Unless you have "the long arm of the law" I think XK might be safe (for a while) Personally I rather like the new look WB, "international woman of mystery" ?? Keep it up you 2, am really enjoying this Em

Update Reply
Emzed @ 08/04/2009 15:33  

You've not seen the size of my telephoto lens then Em?

*innocent smiley*

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 08/04/2009 16:00  

And my telephoto lens is a bit lower down. *norty smiley* (also extends in proportion to the fib!)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/04/2009 16:03  

I thought the ladies prefered the *wide angle* variety

Update Reply
Emzed @ 08/04/2009 16:08  

i like the quick switch function

Update Reply
julie j @ 08/04/2009 16:10  

Blimey... 3 minutes?

BM's euphemism department is slacking these days!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 08/04/2009 16:15  

"naughty, naughty, naughty" as Mr Punch would say (in squeaky voice)

Update Reply
Emzed @ 08/04/2009 16:18  

U can't get the staff... WB - (whatever happened to the 'goose' u said "boo" to?)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/04/2009 16:22  

im sorry, i dont know what happens, im just an ordinary suburban mumsy type hope i dont ever offend anyone, i just cant help it. its cos i dont get out much (and am a gemini)

Update Reply
julie j @ 08/04/2009 16:24  

Julie - u just a gem - don't exaggerate!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/04/2009 16:35  

Are you sure it was me? I wouldn't say boo to a goose... I'd say, "hang on a minute while I fetch my knife & fork", perhaps, but never boo

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 08/04/2009 17:02  

Where the hell are all the moderators??? :-) This is a typical BM forum topic... genuine question turned dirty lol. Ok back to the question... no they can't. A standard member can reply to premium members who make the initial contact. They can also write to staff. They cannot post in the forums, chatroom or start events. This is to prevent the site being spammed. I'd rather have a few happy paying members who don't get spammed, than shit-loads of members complaining of junk PMs being sent to them. Myself and the moderators also have enough to clean up in the forums already, without giving access to every freebie member. Believe it or not - scammers/spammers even use illegally obtained Paypal accounts to upgrade and send spam to people via PMs! Oh, one more thing... Freebie accounts also cant run Full/Advanced Searches, forum searches or view all profile pics. This is purely to save the server for those who pay for it. Anything that is a serious drain on server performance and availability is for paying members only.

Update Reply
Matt @ 08/04/2009 17:39  

Plus free icecreams to premium members. That's right Matt? Matt? Matt?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/04/2009 18:15  

Where the hell are all the moderators??? Errr....sorry boss, I personally have been a bit busy, but I'm on with my 'Mod Duties' now.. *gets kick-arse boots on* .........

Update Reply
Karey @ 08/04/2009 19:00  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email