MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Another good ride out tonight...

Another good ride out tonight... - Forums [Biker Match] Another good ride out tonight... - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Another good ride out tonight...

Well another very good ride out tonight. Bit of a hiccup starting Ziggy agen till i realised I dont needta give him any throttle, just a touch of the button....awwwww bless lol So off we go, me leading this time, Nina watching my back. Had a good run off the estate, came to the crossroads onto the main road, traffic was really busy here. Couldnt find an opening, stalled...but dint panic.. found first gear, bided my time then pulled off. We had already planned where we were going..ending up at New Miller Dam... (between Barnsley and Wakefield) .. anyways, I took a short cut, but the road was closed..bugga.. chance for cupple of U turns... perfect..both of us.. lol Then off we go agen.. had a really good run . .50mph road ..kept within the limit.. i think.. cant see my MPH ..its in Km.. so kinda guessed.. but pretty sure i was right... A fair few bikers out.. got a couple of nods.. then get to the Dam, into the car park.. debike..and over to the pub.. for a coffee! Get talking to a lovely oldish fella wiv his rottweiller who turns out is a biker and hes just been to the coast on his hornet..first big run out this year..and he was overjoyed..goin again tomorra lol ..... THIS is why I love the biker community.....the people are great...and...we got another nod as we were walkin back over to our bikes.. lol So... off we set again.. another good ride back.. doin 50 in the 50 zone... 40 in the 40 etc... or so i thought.... Gets back to mine...and I'm told.. I was doing more like 50-60.. through the speed cameras.....oooooooooooops ! Sooo...a plea is in order... can anybody point me in the direction of some kinda speedo help??? I could do with white dials with black numbers in mph or sticky numbers that i can see..or something to help me see wot my MPH is.. at the moment my clocks show clearly kmh but the mph is dark green numbers on a black background.. All in all..another good ride out..not completely wivout hiccups..but im gettin better..and more confident.. Thanks again to Nina for taking the time out to ride wiv me..and thanks again to u lot for your support. I will keep at it.. and hopefully will try a ride out soon enough.

Update Reply
Karey @ 01/04/2009 22:31  

If you want a speedo like that check out shops that sell custom parts and look for a mini-speedo. Simply bolt on your bars,connect up the cable and off you go.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/04/2009 22:38  

Cheers Ric ! I will have a look. i shudda gone to the autojumble not long since ..bugga

Update Reply
Karey @ 01/04/2009 22:42  

Check this link as an example. https://secure.hosts.co.uk/~custom-fasteners.co.uk/acat...eedos.html

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/04/2009 22:43  

again u did well karey we all have hic cups ...... i couldnt believe the guy that past us whilst we waited to cross the road with out lids in our hands & nodded not alot do when they see the L's ...... maybe thats why he did cos he didnt see tiny & ziggy in the carpark lol had alittle wash on my way home ...... under the bridge where i told u there was flooding bust drain ....... boy race decided he's drive threw it whilst i was tootling got absolutely soaked NO LAFFIN

Update Reply
nina @ 01/04/2009 23:00  

karey we cud donext auto jumble ?

Update Reply
nina @ 01/04/2009 23:02  

Coloured sticky tape is a good idea to mark the 30/40/70 mph places on a kilometre speedo. Any garage should have some.
Sounds like you're doing brilliantly! Congrats to you and to Nina for being so supportive.

Update Reply
Wills @ 01/04/2009 23:13  

Its about bloody time you got out there. Good going keep it up proud of you xx

Update Reply
micksaway @ 01/04/2009 23:19  

lol @ Nina.. I'm not laughing... ...much... lol sorrrrrrrrrrry (((( hugs )))) I'm glad we dint go that way ..lol Yeh can u imagine that guys face if he saw Ziggy and Tiny int car park...bless..he probs thought we had some right mean machines tucked away... hehehe... One day ..eh? ;o) Hey yeh we cud do the autojumble, but at the moment I'm liking Will's sticky tape idea.... ( alot cheaper too) lol Cheers Wills and Ric!

Update Reply
Karey @ 01/04/2009 23:21  

Aww check you out girlie! You've been proper bitten by the bug now - no stopping ya!

Fantastic to see - I can picture the grin on your face now - keep it up

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 02/04/2009 00:39  

Sounds like another great run out and you're adding in new things such as parking up in public. Proud of ya girlie!

Update Reply
Roachy @ 02/04/2009 07:20  

Karey, I have sent you a PM. Nice too see you are all getting out and about and with so much enthusiasm......it may just be catching lol

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 02/04/2009 07:40  

Nice one Karey, keep it up. Nice to have a friend like Nina to support you. Well done Nina.. Both of you have fun..

Update Reply
SP @ 02/04/2009 07:57  

Hey Mick, thanks for that, I know its taken me a while, but I've had my reasons, but needless to say I'm 'getting on with it' now Hehehe Lou! you know me.. grin like a Cheshire Cat, can't wait for you to get sorted too, you will do .. soon enuff.. I'm sure. Thanks Rachel, yeh parked up in public, it wasnt a packed car park, but it was outside a pub on a busy road, so not too bad, not ready for a packed Sunday at Squires yet, tho, lol Ghosty ..got your pm..and duly replied.. mucho thankos ! Cheers SP.. thats wot i love about this site and the ppl in general.. the support is phenomemena.... phemonimab.. is FOOKING GREAT!!!

Update Reply
Karey @ 02/04/2009 08:25  

YAAAAAAYYY Kaz glad you had a great time - sorry I couldn't join ya - but bed called - am now happily(???) ensconced in the Warwick office! oh - PS - nope, I hadnt read the dales post before I PM'd ya just thought you were being very brave if you were going on Ziggy xxxxxxxx

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 02/04/2009 08:43  

Lol thanks Stella!! Shame you couldn't come out with us, but I'm sure there will be many more opportunities. Lol .. thanks agen.. and enjoy Warwick! xxxxxx

Update Reply
Karey @ 02/04/2009 09:01  

Hehe! I will indeed get sorted one day Kaz - but I'm able to live vicariously through the noobie biking tales from all you guys in the meantime... plus with mates like Vent, TJ and Pob around, I'm getting plenty of pillion fun too

The prospect of being out on the roads all on yer lonesome, so many months after doing yer CBT is a pretty daunting one, so keep posting ladies! You're my unwitting inspiration!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 02/04/2009 09:30  

Wow Karey,am so impressed,watch you go girl Better tell Blue to start saving for Whitby

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/04/2009 18:36  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email