MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

What's happened to common sense???

What's happened to common sense??? - Forums [Biker Match] What's happened to common sense??? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

What's happened to common sense???

Why do some people just blindly follow sat nags directions???: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bradford/7962212.stm

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 25/03/2009 12:44  

errrmmm..... ....... .....

Update Reply
Karey @ 25/03/2009 12:51  

I would say a guy that stupid was due to have an accident soon anyway, the sat nav just got him there quicker...

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 25/03/2009 12:53  

Just goes to prove that there's some right pillocks on the ro...footpaths these days.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/03/2009 12:57  

Alright if your on a scrambler!!

Update Reply
Newkid @ 25/03/2009 13:37  

first time i used my sat nav it sent me to the wrong end of of a lane correct lane but the unavigable en, had to go around Exeter to get to the other end after consulting good old paper map!! but for a few seconds i was considering tryin to get through!!! untill common sense kicks in!! use the thing's with caution an have paper maps as back up! my tom tom has a update mapshare website where you can update this sort of info for other's havent figured how yet!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 25/03/2009 14:31  

Well he is a BMW driver, what do you expect. At least he has been charged with driving without due care and attention. I think the emphasis is on attention. look out of the window people

Update Reply
Phil @ 25/03/2009 15:16  

Last time I was out I had to use all my secret powers to find my destination That and a little common sense, an enquiry and some signposts Might have found it easier with a twat nav but it it wouldn't have been half as interesting an adventure Em

Update Reply
Emzed @ 25/03/2009 15:35  

aah em me ole buddy i was like you argued me nut of on here about the stupid thing's ex boy scout me used maps compasses an the star's but in the end i got a twat nav!! only used it twice!one cock up an one success! with common sense there a usefull tool but can take the romance out of life almost nanny state!!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 25/03/2009 17:22  

I bet you're useful to have around TM!

Update Reply
Roachy @ 25/03/2009 17:31  

yep i come with swiis knife trusty staff an me toggle!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 25/03/2009 17:41  

Well I shall look forward to meeting your trusty staff and toggle someday in the future. Aren't you putting up all the girls on Julie's tour?

Update Reply
Roachy @ 25/03/2009 17:52  

as well as giving em accomodation???

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 25/03/2009 18:51  

Common sense went right out of the window when people realised that they could blame someone else for their own stupidity.

Update Reply
vinnie @ 25/03/2009 20:12  

It never ceases to amaze me the places idiots will follow sat navs to! I have a tomtoms on my bike and in my car, and I find them incredibly useful! Whilst I enjoy toddling around the countryside randomly on my bike when I have the inclination, sometimes I need to get somewhere in a reasonably direct manner, and Tom is invaluable, and whilst using one isn't rocket science, they do tend to assume the presence of a brain in the user!

Update Reply
Dragon13 @ 25/03/2009 20:31  

does it say that on the box?

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 25/03/2009 20:47  

Not that I'm aware of TM..............which is obviously where the problem started!

Update Reply
Dragon13 @ 25/03/2009 20:48  

The jury's still out for me and SatNav's though. Even after only using (a borrowed) one twice and having both times marred with problems. The first time I was using one to get into Birmingham and it switched itself off completely on me just as I was getting near the city outskirts. Luckily, I had my trusty paper map next to me and I found my destination 'old school' style. The second time was when Cassie & I used one to get to a hotel in Edinburgh and the SatNav had us going through metal bollards on the Royal Mile and was also trying to get us going up the wrong way up a one-way street. I still think they're a useful sounding gizmo, but I'm not rushing into buying one just yet!

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 25/03/2009 23:25  

I'm an old fashioned map person with the exception of AA Autoroute on comp which I find is spot on for milage and directions.....never get lost I just deviate from route occasionally and find proper directions when i turn map right way, eventually....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/03/2009 23:36  

AA routefinder is always a little hit & miss with the number of roundabouts - but it makes it fun

I have a sat nav on loan for a few days... just a shame I don't have the cash for fuel so I can give it a good testing - d'oh!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 25/03/2009 23:38  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email