MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Wind noise and intercoms, how bad?

Wind noise and intercoms, how bad? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Wind noise and intercoms, how bad? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Wind noise and intercoms, how bad?

Or SIDESTAND!!

Update Reply
Roachy @ 25/03/2009 14:14  

dont forget comfort, ive used quite a few different earpieces and the ones that fit around the back of your ear with a plasic support are really uncomfortable to the point of being painful after a while the best one ive found is inside a foam pad which velcros inside your helmet

Update Reply
julie j @ 25/03/2009 16:26  

Agreed Julie. Girly pad my instructor calls them. I wore one on my test rather than the D piece as with having an autocom headset already in my helmet there isn't a lot of room in the ear cups for a second earpiece. I'm hoping to get a couple to go with these radios I've got so I can lend them to others when out with us.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 25/03/2009 16:50  

lidl had bike to bike intercom 's 24 sqid each any good?

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 25/03/2009 17:48  

"I'd go the autocom route really, only reason I didn't is there isn't room for one on a 125." And we really tried lol!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 25/03/2009 19:14  

Bugger, workin on two projects, both with you TM, LOL. Still gota get my bike fixed yet, getting fired up to play with it this summer, better be good weather. I agree JJ, got some in your ear headphones/ear plug type, really have to push them in hard, to work, so does get a bit sore on long journeys. If I dont plug them well in, getting the helmet on without pulling them out is rather difficult. Got a very tight helmet, dont like any sloppyness. Want to go for the all fitted, no wires, if poss, just hope my Shoei has enogh space for the pads. I'll look at what Lidi are doin TM, BRB

Update Reply
Newkid @ 25/03/2009 19:25  

Looked at the Lidl ones and was not impressed at all.... The bike to bike is basically a pair of walkie talkies with earpieces and a mic but you have to attach a Push To Talk button to your handlebar and have a cable running down the inside of the sleeve to connect to the button (i.e. NOT voice activated) The telephone handsfree kit was wired too, i.e. you had to use the adaptors supplied to connect the lead to your phone... Both my helmets are tight but I have still found there is room for the earpads and it is a lot less hassle than mucking about with earplugs or D-pieces.

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 26/03/2009 00:25  

Did anyone get one of the rider to pillion jobbies from Lidl ? Are they any good, or just a waste of £8?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/03/2009 09:57  

An update on the performance of the Interphone units: My bro was up riding with me over Easter and we paired our Interphone units to each other (via Bluetooth). We had them connected constantly (maximum power drain) for roughly two hours at a time and it was just like we were chatting next to each other in a car. No mean feat, seeing as my bro is very softly spoken and I could still hear him over a noisy v-twin with loud pipes!! Not sure what the maximum battery life would be but I don't think we got anywhere near running our batteries down. (Units are recharged via a mains recharger) We lost connection a couple of times (couldn't tell you the actual distance but it was out of eyesight in valleys) but just reconnected again with no hassles when he was nearer. If he had got into any difficulties and had to stop he could have rang me as my mobile phone was still paired to my Interphone unit at the same time as the bike-to-bike connection (although you can only do this on ONE of the connected units). Highly recommend this system. Completely self contained units (i.e. not wired to the bike at all). VOX (voice operated) so no need for Push To Talk buttons on handlebars etc. I have two different types of mic fitted to my open face and full face helmets so it takes me approx. 10 seconds to swap the unit between helmets.

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 16/04/2009 12:40  

Personally Ive just got an Autocom fitted which is not rider to rider just rider to pillion...it does it job well...and it fits inside lining of my lid which is handy as I wear specs too...so its not uncomfortable....get very little wind noise unless its from the rider in front!!!

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 16/04/2009 16:14  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email