MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

David Bellamy Banned from TV....

David Bellamy Banned from TV.... - Forums [Biker Match] David Bellamy Banned from TV.... - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

David Bellamy Banned from TV....

I was reading an article by Patrick Moore last night and he mentioned that David Bellamy had been 'banned' from the BBC for his opposing views on 'Global Warming'. A little research this morning and it certainly seems that way. Shame, cos I am in agreement with his views and have seen the same research and figures he has... www.express.co.uk/posts/view/73486/David-Bellamy-Global-warming-is-nonsense- www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/69623/BBC-shunned-me-for-denying-climate-change

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 06/03/2009 10:38  

... and a little more research and the facts get hazy... Either way, do you remember when terrestial television was entertaining and informative? Fascinating nature documentaries showing you how amazing the world was, Noel Edmonds letting you swap stuff rather than throw it away and buy new stuff, competitive games like It's A Knockout without all the ranting and tantrums.... Now it's non-celebrities locked in a room bitching about each other, wives and relatives of non-celebrities in their own shows, adverts reminding you how in debt you are every 5 minutes, people airing really trivial disputes in the vilest ways in front of hostile audiences... *sigh* *puts tartan slippered feet up on stool and takes another suck on his pipe*

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 06/03/2009 11:52  

I'm with you on this mate. The global warming guilt trip is just a taxation scam. Bring back its a knockout and blankety blank ffs! I can't stand modern TV, if its not celebrity bitch on ice get me out of here cookery special its some other mindless drivel. Can you remember Johnny Ball and Magpie etc....They actually taught us stuff! Now we have to buy it,sell it, shag it, cook it or fookin dance with it!

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 06/03/2009 11:57  

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 06/03/2009 12:32  

a recent documentary on the retreating glacier's and melting polar ice was fascinating and photo evidence from the past showed just how bad it is becoming,area's in greenland are being turned over to farming becausd of new land being revealed so not all bad i spose, nobody can really predict the future but evidence for warming is pretty substancial jus cos one bad winter in about how many year's ?may fool people into thinkin it aint happening ,theres always freak weather but you have to take the prevailing trend !but who know's!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 06/03/2009 14:44  

probably more to it he probably jus isnt liked cos e aint good lookin enoygh!!you have to have sex appeal now to present anything!!the world will be saved by hearthrob Clooney lookalike scientists as in the fookin films

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 06/03/2009 14:51  

There he is... I was waiting for the King of Grumpy Ole Men to comment!!!

Update Reply
Scary @ 06/03/2009 14:54  

that was a considered opinion my girl! if you aint careful i'll give booby that photo !the large one!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 06/03/2009 14:55  

lol @ scary!

Update Reply
Matt @ 06/03/2009 16:52  

i'll ave er one day!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 06/03/2009 17:11  

It's not called global warming anymore cos they realise its not warming up. That's why they call it climate change. Load of old b******s to me. According to a documentary on the tv a while back its all to do with sun spots and the Earth turning on its own axis which is a perfectly natural thing for it to do. If you believe in us screwing up the planet then good luck to you. More fool you for believing it.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/03/2009 17:40  

i dont believe in anything cept were all gonna die one day!its a debate with theories an all that shit, we cant screw the planet up[itll die one day anyway] only ourselves

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 06/03/2009 18:21  

What the greenies seem to forget in all this "climate change" stuff, is that there was an ice age once upon a time, and the ice retreated without any help from man................things change, climates change, continents move..............thats nature!

Update Reply
Dragon13 @ 06/03/2009 18:47  

*shrug* I think we do have climate issues, the rise in co2 for example is way off the scale compared to historical data, which they can get from ice samples. Huge glaciers are melting, not just in greenland, but in asia and these glaciars prove alot of drinking water for the world.

Thouigh I am with you guys on TV, it sucks. They make cheap as dirt tv to fill in the airways, then spend millions on buying up sporting event coverage, that is ably covered on satalite. e.g. MotoGP. Remember when BBC was the ultimate in original and funny comedy, blackadder, Rab C nesbitt, naked video, hitch hikers guide to galaxy, ab fab the list is endless. What are they doing now?

Update Reply
tamaz @ 06/03/2009 18:50  

Nuffink wrong wiv Mr Clooney,Tango,especially wiv stubble,mmmm

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/03/2009 19:48  

Don't you just love the arrogance of the human species to think that we are the be all and end all of life on this planet.

Update Reply
vinnie @ 06/03/2009 20:40  

It is still only supposition that a rise in carbon dioxide levels cause a rise in temperature - there is another school of thought that the carbon dioxide levels rise as a result of the rise in temperature - it all depends on how you interpret the data. History shows that there have been huge geographical and climatical changes on this planet without our intervention and there will continue to be so. The planet will survive, whatever, in one form or another - it is continuously reforming itself. The current politics are not to save the Earth but to save the human race... look around you at current society - do you really think it deserves to be saved? In the big scope of things we are just an insignificant organic life form that has recently appeared on this little rock that floats in space... Wow - looking at distant stars and planets certainly has an effect on you!! *shutting up now*

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 06/03/2009 20:46  

The trouble is the scare mongerers never tell you the whole story. They tell you that the ice is melting at the north pole but not the consquences of it. The theory is that as the ice melts the salinaty of the oceans surrounding it goes down which slows down the gulf stream. eventually it could stop which could kickstart the next ice age. They seem to think it has already started to slow down. These cycles have been happening before we started leaving the kitchen light on at night. Even the scientist can't agree on whether we've had that much effect on global warming. The only worry for me is that they dont run out of unleaded before i peg it You wont get the same sound from a hydrogen fuel cell unless you stick a playing card in yer spokes.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 06/03/2009 20:48  

All this ice melting Matt. You better buy some stolts or a boat. I may be being cynical But Green Tax comes to mind

Update Reply
micksaway @ 06/03/2009 21:16  

*puts finger on nose and points at Mick* (anyone remember THAT show??)

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 06/03/2009 21:43  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email