MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

calling all the girls!

calling all the girls! - Forums [Biker Match] calling all the girls! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

calling all the girls!

so i mentioned this before, to get as many of the girls together for a uk tour, to find out who would be interested and then fit them onto a route with stop overs youth hostels or b&b. It would be really good to get to meet you all,I know that there are lots of us up and down the country and the plan would be to keep things flexible so that people could do as much or as little as they feel comfortable with, so speak up and have your say lets see who`s interested and have your ideas i for one would love to get to scotland,wales and poss cornwall. Dates would be 17-25 july, the week before school hols.

Update Reply
julie j @ 13/02/2009 19:54  

As the owner of Biker Match, i reserve the right to come on your holiday with all the ladies. This is strictly to keep an eye on you all and help out wherever I possibly can.

Update Reply
Matt @ 13/02/2009 20:00  

well that's DC deffinately doing it then

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 13/02/2009 20:12  

you can get lost mate , its girlies only, you can sponsor us and give us all a free t.shirt if you like but thats it!

Update Reply
julie j @ 13/02/2009 20:13  

yeah right Mattykins lol. We are perfectly able to look after ourselves, we are a bunch of independant women, with breakdown cover We have maps, we have satnav, we dont need a sense of direction We have panniers, topboxes, tailpacks, tankbags ............ er hang on, how much extra luggage space can you provide??????

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 13/02/2009 20:16  

120 litres of storage in 3 hard panniers which are waterproof. I can carry a back pack too if it helps

Update Reply
Matt @ 13/02/2009 20:29  

Ahem, <puts hand up> i'll need looking after, Matt you got yourself a job

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 13/02/2009 20:30  

regretting that last post now, maybe he could help..........hey Matt, you want to follow on in a van and carry all of our spare shoes and handbags?

Update Reply
julie j @ 13/02/2009 20:35  

pmsl - it didn't take ya long DC Hey that's a point - we'd need someone to take the hairdryers/straightners etc so yep I vote for Matt coming along aswell Oh btw - did i say I'd be up for this (if I've passed me test by then!!)?

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 13/02/2009 20:38  

accomodation available in Weymouth if needed!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 13/02/2009 21:35  

if any one wants girl pillion, be glad to come and help with financial considerations!, petrol,food etc, my eyesight is not good enough to have my own bike, but i'm by no means blind !just not good enough for my own bike

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/02/2009 22:27  

Matt's got a Blackbird so of course he can come!!! It's a black Blackbird too.....drool! To get back to the topic in hand...ermmmm...if I haven't passed my test by then I'm doing something very wrong. I can't promise anything yet but I shall keep my ear to the ground.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 13/02/2009 23:26  

^^^...if I haven't passed my test by then I'm doing something very wrong.... I shall keep my ear to the ground. Maybe that's what you are doing wrong?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/02/2009 23:41  

LMAO XK!! It's not my ear I've been keeping to the ground I can tell you!!!!

Update Reply
Roachy @ 13/02/2009 23:56  

Roachy try some of these http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn317/R_Sport1200/K1...chain2.jpg

Update Reply
micksaway @ 14/02/2009 00:01  

Thanks Mick but this snow took me by surprise... All the roads were clear and had been for days but I visited my friend (who has a Harley but we won't hold that against him - sorry TC!) and his estate was like the land that time forgot - or at least the gritters - but to be fair, the gritters forgot my estate too but the snow had cleared so I thought all was well in the land of newbie 125 rider. HOW WRONG WAS I? I rode over a a cm of slush with trepidation...and everything was ok....and then round the next corner it was like I'd ridden into the artic! I decided to go for it, but little did I know that going for it meant dismounting in a most undignified fashion and bruising my knee into the bargain (walking wounded anyone!). I'm never riding in the snow again - I take my hat off to all you bonkers - sorry, talented riders out there!

Update Reply
Roachy @ 14/02/2009 00:10  

It's not so much talent, Rach - more like experience...if it snows, take the bus!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/02/2009 00:19  

been a bad week for knees one of my friends has broke her knee cap in 3 places and few others are sporting bruises Hope your feeling better soon. I try and stick to 4 wheels in snow and ice after I slid across my old works car park into the fence. Ive no idea how i kept it upright was just lucky

Update Reply
micksaway @ 14/02/2009 00:22  

Yayyyy Julie, sounds good to me! not sure i will have passed my test by then tho,..but hoping to get as many miles on my little un as i can, so if any non-motorway rideouts going I will try n get along.

Update Reply
Karey @ 14/02/2009 00:33  

There's a little rideout on March 22nd.... organised by Barney summat.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/02/2009 00:36  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email