MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

another quiz

another quiz - Forums [Biker Match] another quiz - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

another quiz

Put your thinking caps on. No cheating! No looking around! No getting out of your chair! No using anything on or in your desk or computer! Can you beat 23?? (The average is 7) Write down your answers as you go. Check answers (on the bottom), AFTER completing all the questions. REMEMBER - NO CHEATING!!! BE HONEST!!! That means no looking at your phone or anything on your desk... Then, before you pass this on to your friends, change the number on the subject line to show how many you got correct. Forward to your friends and also back to the one who sent it to you. LET'S JUST SEE HOW OBSERVANT YOU REALLY ARE. Here we go! 1. On a standard traffic light, is the green on the top or bottom? 2. How many states are there in the USA ? (Don't laugh, some people don't know) 3. In which hand is the Statue of Liberty 's torch? 4. What six colors are on the classic Campbell 's soup label? 5. What two numbers on the telephone dial don't have letters by them? 6. When you walk does your left arm swing with your right or left leg? (Don't you dare get up to see!) 7. How many matches are in a standard pack? 8. On the United States flag is the top stripe red or white? 9. What is the lowest number on the FM dial? 10. Which way does water go down the drain, counter or clockwise? 11. Which way does a "no smoking" sign's slash run? 12. How many channels on a VHF TV dial? 13 On which side of a women's blouse are the buttons? 14. Which way do fans rotate? 15 How many sides does a stop sign have? 16. Do books have even-numbered pages on the right or left side? 17 How many lug nuts are on a standard car wheel? 18. How many sides are there on a standard pencil? 19 Sleepy, Happy, Sneezy, Grumpy, Dopey, Doc. Who's missing? 20. How many hot dog buns are in a standard package? 21 On which playing card is the card maker's trademark? 22 On which side of a Venetian blind is the cord that adjusts the opening between the slats? 23. There are 12 buttons on a touch tone phone. What 2 symbols bear no digits? 24. How many curves are there in the standard paper clip? 25. Does a merry-go-round turn counter or clockwise?

Update Reply
RC @ 23/11/2006 06:02  

Are we meant to post the answers?

Update Reply
rubecula @ 23/11/2006 06:59  

Only I dont know the answers to numbers 9 and 12

Update Reply
rubecula @ 23/11/2006 07:00  

no send them on a post card to me, pmsl............. yes post the answers up on here mate lol............

Update Reply
RC @ 23/11/2006 07:01  

1) bottom, 2) 50 (some say we are really no.51), 3) right, 4) red white black yellow green brown, 5) 1 and 0, 6) right, 7) 48, 8) red, 9) not got a clue, 10) varies depending in which way it is swirling and on your pipework..... old wives tale about the northern and southern hemispheres... try it if you don't believe me. 11) top right to bottom left, 12) no idea, 13) left usually, 14) which way are you looking at the fan? from the front it is clockwise on desk fans either way for extractor fans, 15) three for halt round for stop, 16) left, 17) lug nuts? you mean wheel nuts? thats four or five depending on the car. 18) six, 19) Bashful, 20) Never buy them... this an american quiz? Probably 8, possibly ten... guesswork. 21) Joker and the Ace of Spades, 22) Ours have them on both ends depending on which window they are in, but I would say most are on the right? 23) hash and asterisk, 24) three until I get hold of it. 25) All the ones I have seen go clockwise.

Update Reply
rubecula @ 23/11/2006 07:34  

I didn't leave my seat, there is no phone in here...... and I didn't cheat on any of them. So how badly have I let myself down on that little lot? Worried now that you will all see how thick I am.

Update Reply
rubecula @ 23/11/2006 07:36  

Oh and re- question ten I think it is usually quoted as anti clock..... but I stick by my answer.

Update Reply
rubecula @ 23/11/2006 07:41  

will let some more have a go then i will post the answers well done rube

Update Reply
RC @ 23/11/2006 09:38  

you took the answers right out of my mouth rube !!!!!! so its not worth me posting them up cos i dont know 9 an 12 either..... im sticking with rubes answers an yes thats my final answer..........an no i dont want to ask the audience or phone a friend, and no i dont want to speak to the banker, and theres nothing in this game for two in a bed an yep kept out the black an in the red !!!!! wots a hot spot not ???? not a good spot !!!! an no i dont want the dolly dealers to give me more cards !!!!! "an shut that door everard" !!!! an no i dont want to " come on down" so am stickin with rube cos he is the clever one !!!!!

Update Reply
storm @ 23/11/2006 10:04  

OMG... I think Storm just made a serious tactical error

Update Reply
rubecula @ 23/11/2006 19:49  

agree with rube and storm but i'm pretty sure the answer to the fm 1 is 86

Update Reply
Oggy @ 26/11/2006 09:16  

1. On a standard traffic light, is the green on the top or bottom? top2. How many states are there in the USA ? (Don't laugh, some people don't know) 523. In which hand is the Statue of Liberty 's torch? right4. What six colors are on the classic Campbell 's soup label? red white yellow blue green and brown5. What two numbers on the telephone dial don't have letters by them? 1 and 06. When you walk does your left arm swing with your right or left leg? (Don't you dare get up to see!) right7. How many matches are in a standard pack? 50 8. On the United States flag is the top stripe red or white? white9. What is the lowest number on the FM dial? nfi10. Which way does water go down the drain, counter or clockwise? clockwise11. Which way does a "no smoking" sign's slash run? top right corner to bottom left corner12. How many channels on a VHF TV dial? nfi13 On which side of a women's blouse are the buttons? left14. Which way do fans rotate? clockwise15 How many sides does a stop sign have? two - inside and outside 16. Do books have even-numbered pages on the right or left side? left 17 How many lug nuts are on a standard car wheel? four18. How many sides are there on a standard pencil? six19 Sleepy, Happy, Sneezy, Grumpy, Dopey, Doc. Who's missing? bashful20. How many hot dog buns are in a standard package? six21 On which playing card is the card maker's trademark? joker22 On which side of a Venetian blind is the cord that adjusts the opening between the slats? right23. There are 12 buttons on a touch tone phone. What 2 symbols bear no digits? * #24. How many curves are there in the standard paper clip? three25. Does a merry-go-round turn counter or clockwise? clockwise didnt get 9 or 12 either - and probably got a hell of a lot more wrong thatn anyone - i iz blonde after all! lmao

Update Reply
nakedangel68 @ 26/11/2006 11:06  

OK here are the ANSWERS 1. On a standard traffic light, is the green on the top or bottom? BOTTOM 2. How many states are there in the USA ? (Don't laugh, some people don't know) 50 3. In which hand is the Statue of Liberty 's torch? RIGHT 4. What six colors are on the classic Campbell 's soup label? BLUE, RED, WHITE, YELLOW, BLACK & GOLD 5. What two numbers on the telephone dial don't have letters by them? 1, 0 6. When you walk does your left arm swing with your right or left leg? RIGHT 7. How many matches are in a standard pack? 20 8. On the United States flag is the top stripe re! d or white? RED 9. What is the lowest number on the FM dial? 88 10. Which way does water go down the drain, counter or clockwise? CLOCKWISE (NORTH OF THE EQUATOR) 11. Which way does a "no smoking" sign's slash run? TOWARDS BOTTOM RIGHT 12. How many channels on a VHF TV dial? 12 (no #1) 13 On which side of a women's blouse are the buttons? LEFT 14. Which way do fans rotate? CLOCKWISE AS YOU LOOK AT IT 15 How many sides does a stop sign have? 8 16. Do books have even-numbered pages o n the right or left side? LEFT 17 How many lug nuts are on a standard car wheel? 5 18. How many sides are there on a standard pencil? 6 19. Sleepy, Happy, Sneezy, Grumpy, Dopey, Doc. Who's missing? BASHFUL 20. How many hot dog buns are in a standard package? 8 21 On which playing card is the card maker's trademark? ACE OF SPADES 22 On which side of a Venetian blind is the cord that adjusts the opening between the slats? LEFT 23. There are 12 buttons on a touch tone phone. What 2 symbols bear no digits? * , # 24. How many curves are there in the standard paper clip? 3 25. Does a merry-go-round turn counter or clockwise? COUNTER

Update Reply
RC @ 26/11/2006 11:47  

now i have to argue the hotdog answer cos in tesco you only get six !!!! so does it depend where you shop if the answer is right or wrong ???? heheheheheeh well done nakedangel an thats just for sittin there typing that lot out !!!! never mind the right answers

Update Reply
storm @ 26/11/2006 14:20  

Not doing any more stupid quizzes........... 48 matches in a pack minimum........ you just done this to cheat me out of.......... errr what was the prize anyway?

Update Reply
rubecula @ 26/11/2006 15:23  

there was,nt a prize just for fun hahahahaha

Update Reply
RC @ 27/11/2006 05:41  

Oh........... disappointed now........... thought there would be an exciting prize to win..........

Update Reply
rubecula @ 27/11/2006 10:53  

soz mate but u might get a pressie in a xmas cracker

Update Reply
RC @ 27/11/2006 12:13  

Sod the prezzie just give me a real little cracker

Update Reply
rubecula @ 27/11/2006 15:28  

you called rube? lmfao

Update Reply
nakedangel68 @ 27/11/2006 16:51  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email