MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

This Is Brilliant

This Is Brilliant - Forums [Biker Match] This Is Brilliant - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

This Is Brilliant

uk.news.yahoo.com/18/20090106/tuk-buses-spread-godless-message-in-athe-a7ad41d.html I am fed up with being condemned to Hell and being told I am damned... .. and the slogan is very cleverly worded too!

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 07/01/2009 10:19  

hahah... nice one !!! makes a refreshing change!

Update Reply
Karey @ 07/01/2009 10:31  

They're round here too. Saw one yesterday and spent the rest of the morning puzzling whether it was really a humanist message or a subtle way of persuading me to church on Sunday

Update Reply
Wills @ 07/01/2009 10:36  

LOL I like that. Surely the Hell and damnation bit is right here and now? .........................and just incase......................................... I'm sure the big man upstairs would find it funny too .....................cough.................

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 07/01/2009 10:38  

Cant wait for more slogans.... "There is probably no spaghetti monster...", maybe

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/01/2009 10:43  

Agree with you Ghosty, if there is a Big G up there I am sure he is having a chortle... before going back to flick through the latest What Bike... ..and XK, be careful what you say.. talking about the Spaghetti Monster may offend some people... (I wish Christians would research the concept of Hell and find out the facts of how it became part of their 'teachings'...)

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 07/01/2009 10:54  

'probably no God' so you cant be 100% sure TC! so get down on yer knee's an pray boy!![jus in case!] an Einstien said no personel god!not a universal one! sooooo pray again boy i bet yer good at it!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 07/01/2009 11:02  

One of my mates is the Rev Lionel Fanthorpe from Fortean TV fame. Funnily enough I do feel an aura of calm and peace...call it love if you like whenever I'm with him. Despite the fact he had extensively reserched The alledged Jesus family tomb, Mary Magdalane grave and he firmly beleives that Jesus was just a normal man etc He still remains a very religious man. Doesn't shove it down your neck or preach to you, Surely a man that finds solice in something is a happier man than I? fook me that was deep!......quick someone say KNOB!

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 07/01/2009 11:14  

Ah... but that is why the slogan is so good... reflects my personal opinion... I have no proof either way but I don't really care. Same as I don't sit through all the end credits of a film cos I don't care who actually made it, I just enjoy the film. I don't have a beef with the Dude upstairs (or the possibility of his existence) and am open to the concept of an Israeli Jew 2000 years ago going around trying to do some good... it is organised religion I have a problem with, its use to control others, to create wealth for few, the concept of unquestionable faith, the mind control, the murders and atrocities done in its name and the way it is now affecting everybody's lives whether they have beliefs or not (terrorism, wars etc..)

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 07/01/2009 11:29  

you didn't say knob!

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 07/01/2009 11:36  

slaps ghosty round the face with a wet kipper..wake up ya KNOB lol

Update Reply
meza95 @ 07/01/2009 11:41  

Lol - Nope I didn't Ghosty cos I liked your post! I also liked the fact he had actually researched some stuff... knob...

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 07/01/2009 11:46  

There, Don't that feel better now LOL He's one of the worlds top legends/mysteries authors , has an open mind which I find a lot of the clergy Do not. I guess its the same in any organisation. The closer to the top you are the more insular and blinkered you become. Knob....

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 07/01/2009 11:53  

*tuts*

I always knew you were a dirty feckin' heathen XK. No FSM indeed! As if!

Knob!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 07/01/2009 12:15  

if you believe god is with us and can intervene in worldly matter's through prayer etc! then he is present at every .child murder,rape etc you name it he's there! what sort of father does nothing to help his children? God works in mysterious way's is there answer ,who can honestly believe in this shit?

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 07/01/2009 12:15  

Lol - just seen TM's post about me praying a lot!! What are you inferring, sir? Am very impressed with your contacts, GH! I sometimes browse through the FT as you get some interesting stuff in there. I have a wide library of books on the subjects covered in it (including various faith systems and ancient beliefs) and you get some great leads from the mag. Tell him to keep up the good work!

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 07/01/2009 12:16  

if you get a chance watch' inherit the wind' with Spencer Tracy a courtroom drama about the prosecution of a teacher for teaching evolution in an amrican school brilliant acting by all parties !

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 07/01/2009 12:27  

Will do TM, cheers! ( ... and that evolution/creationism battle is still being fought today...) *edit* The whole film (Inherit The Wind) is on YouTube in 13 parts plus highlights of the courtroom scenes - love these old b&w films...

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 07/01/2009 12:34  

Personally I can't believe one bloke built the world in a week when it still takes Barratts 3 fecking months to build one house! I have a Darwin fish on the back of me car....same as the Jesus fish but it has stumpy legs LOL

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 07/01/2009 12:45  

LMAO - I love that symbol!! Nice one Ghosty... (..and if you get a chance, check out Tim Minchin's routine about Tony the Fish...)

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 07/01/2009 12:59  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email