MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

super blackbird

super blackbird - Forums [Biker Match] super blackbird - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

super blackbird

have honda stopped makeing the super blackbird , as ive been through there 2009 range and its no longer in there range of bikes . does this mean that the new vfr 1200 will becomeing very soon

Update Reply
firebladekid @ 15/12/2008 14:40  

???? No way!

Update Reply
Matt @ 15/12/2008 18:24  

Yes way ....... and erm, no lol Yes, Honda have stopped manufacture of the Blackbird, but the chances of the new v4 (whatever it may be) appearing before 2010 is very slim. A very big mistake in my opinion on two accounts. Yes, the CBR is now an old design and can't quite match the zzr (in my opinion) for engine or handling. But it is a very good bike and remained one of Honda's top sellers. Secondly, the lack of a large sports tourer in the range (the VFR is a fantastic bike, but at only 800cc is simply not big enough for some) is going to encourage Honda to push the v4 project through as quickly as possible. I sincerely hope this doesn't mean a load of problems for the new bike, as I for one have my eye on one if it proves to be a better bike than the Kawasaki. My belief is that Honda should have instead updated the CBR this year and given themselves a bit more time to develop the new bike. But hey, what do I (Honda's target customer) know??

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 15/12/2008 19:24  

Its design was getting on a bit but still a great bike. I keep trying to sell mine but just cant bring myself to get rid of it

Update Reply
micksaway @ 15/12/2008 21:57  

i hope the vfr 1200 if thats what it will be , will look like the pic i see in the mcn in 2007 it was just an artist drawing but it look sexy

Update Reply
firebladekid @ 16/12/2008 16:12  

there bringing a vfr v5 1000 about 150 bhp two models sport and tourer cant see that its going to be in the supersports catergory but with the goverment new regs and trying to cut down speed of bikes i cant see manufacturers competing in supersports when every needs to be govererned down. whatever happened with having fun

Update Reply
TONYCBR @ 04/01/2009 06:20  

Tony, dont worry. Bikes will still be capable of a healthy 150mph + me know these things........as for the Honda. It has been taken off list but is still for sale, they have over supplied and need to shift unsold stock. Triumph......there the ones to watch. But then I wouldn't know that Cough

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 09/01/2009 09:53  

Triumphs?......what ghostie.......tell all.............your worrying me!

Update Reply
Triumph_Sy @ 09/01/2009 17:06  

Pidcocks Honda have loads of Blackbirds in stock (A fellow IAM mate just bought 1 *yawn*) but in Blood clot Red or black. you have a B'bird when thers a 'busa.

Update Reply
GSXRJim @ 09/01/2009 17:26  

I think the Super Blackbird is a great bike and it looks fantastic!! The Hayabusa is butt ugly, no, it's worse, it's fugly!!!

Update Reply
Roachy @ 09/01/2009 21:36  

I'm willing to forgive a bikes lookes for POWER!!!!!!! and a Busa has more

Update Reply
GSXRJim @ 10/01/2009 09:43  

Well I'll admit I haven't had a busa between my legs but I have had a bird and I found the bird plenty powerful enough for me. But I'm only a pillion in this case and it's each to their own but for me - the Blackbird rules! Maybe I need a comparison ride on one.....

Update Reply
Roachy @ 10/01/2009 10:41  

Ah roachy...i can almost see the usual suspects lining up to take their turn in ripping your last post apart with enuendo's!.......................you set em up...................etc..etc..!

Update Reply
Triumph_Sy @ 10/01/2009 12:04  

Sorry Arf...I shall go stand in the norty corner now.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 10/01/2009 13:26  

i was itching to say sommat but my new yrs resolution forbade it!!!i'm gonna leave it all to XK!!!where was he?

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 10/01/2009 13:38  

*sniger* Roachy its nice and warm here in the naughty corner!

Update Reply
GSXRJim @ 10/01/2009 14:46  

lol @ Roachy!....no need me dear....if you happen to set yerself up for the obvious comeback, it's nowt to do with me!..............shall just sit back, review, n cringe to the sad responses with you:o).......................... Am impressed TM!.............

Update Reply
Triumph_Sy @ 10/01/2009 20:19  

power isn't everything. But it aint half nice when you have some!

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 10/01/2009 20:33  

Unfortunately, most politicians would agree with you, ghostie. TM, Arf....as if...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/01/2009 20:50  

lol @ XK!

Update Reply
Triumph_Sy @ 10/01/2009 23:26  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email