MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Avebury 1st February 2009

Avebury 1st February 2009 (10) - Forums [Biker Match] Avebury 1st February 2009 (10) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Avebury 1st February 2009

Apologies from pony and myself for not being there with you guys.. We had roped in some other bikers in coming up with us, and couldn't leave them out in the cold when the weather put them off.. so we all headed for a little runaround in our area instead and had a meal and coffee.. Sounds like you all had a great day.. Well done..

Update Reply
SP @ 02/02/2009 13:35  

We'll do a re-mix version of the Avebury meet when we've all thawed out a little SP!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 02/02/2009 14:24  

Looking forward to it WB..

Update Reply
SP @ 02/02/2009 14:32  

Thanks for the tip about resizing the pictures, Wannabe. I have posted three successfully including the suspected Druid's bike. It was a roundabout process having to save the e-mail that I didn't intend to send with attached resized photograph as a draft, copying the pic to a folder and then browsing that folder to upload to BM. I had tried to resize with Photobucket but I couldn't get the pics back on my computer except as links. So, I will be sticking to the e-mail method of resizing and may even add some pics to my profile now I know how to do it. I'll post some more from Avebury tomorrow.

Update Reply
Cataraptor @ 02/02/2009 21:31  

Ere!

Did anyone spot a 50-something blokey... probably dressed quite country gentlemanish in a Barbour or summat yesterday?

Wandering around the Red Lion from 12.15 to 1.30 bearing a sign that said "Lou the Pirate"?!

I'm in trouble for not showing up apparently.

WTF? I was there for 5 hours, how much more do they want from me?!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 02/02/2009 21:32  

Hey Cata

I cheated a bit and hit the email button... resized the pic... then right clicked on the pic in the resultant message and saved to desktop...

I don't use the Mac mailing system, so it won't let me save messages.

Might shave a few seconds off the time taken? Certainly easier than faffing around in photobucket and re-saving the amended pics.

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 02/02/2009 21:34  

Whose was the Sunbeam?

Update Reply
Wills @ 02/02/2009 21:50  

Some random wizard-type - bike looks great eh?

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 02/02/2009 21:55  

The Sunbeam belonged to the gentleman with the beard and the staff sticking up from his back pack. He was nothing to do with us and went for a walk - with his staff, leaving his bike in the car park. It was nice to see an unrestored S8 in good nick.

Update Reply
Cataraptor @ 02/02/2009 22:00  

went for a walk - with his staff

That's a big sticky thing, not an entourage of footmen, butlers and assorted maids in waiting in this instance Wills

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 02/02/2009 22:04  

And I was thinking a doggy-woggy!!

I was going to say S8, but didn't want to be too much of a show-off. A gentleman's personal conveyance if ever there was one - are you quite sure he didn't have a domestic entourage, WB?

Update Reply
Wills @ 02/02/2009 22:56  

Perhaps they were following in the Bentley?

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 02/02/2009 22:57  

Looking forward to the next one. Will have a bit more time to hang around hopefully plus will be on one of the 2 or 3 wheelers rather than 4!

Update Reply
shooter @ 03/02/2009 01:27  

Flying visits appreciated Batty... besides, you timed it well so Arf could have a sit down for his dinner without dumping anyone out of their chair

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 03/02/2009 07:43  

With apologies for the delay... I got sidetracked... oooh pretty!

Yer photos have been uploaded successfully Nodrog ;o)

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 03/02/2009 10:23  

I think that's the lot for the photos - anyone who went (and who we managed to catch in a photo, mentioning no names, MICK!) can you drop by and tag yourself sometime?

Cheers

And thanks again for such a good turn out on a very iffy day! Roll on the next time!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 03/02/2009 19:51  

Aww thanks WB your real shineing i will try harder next time

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/02/2009 20:07  

No worries m'dear

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 03/02/2009 20:16  

Wow, whoever took the pic of my little bandit has really done it proud, did you have a 'clean and prestine' digital filter or sommit!

Somehow the pixels have hidden the scrapes and scars, must have been it's only good side!

Update Reply
njl @ 03/02/2009 21:27  

I think that was a Cataraptor pic Nick - looks great doesn't she?!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 03/02/2009 22:25  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email