MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Avebury 1st February 2009

Avebury 1st February 2009 (9) - Forums [Biker Match] Avebury 1st February 2009 (9) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Avebury 1st February 2009

Big...sticky...thing?

the mind boggles

Update Reply
Wills @ 01/02/2009 23:56  

Hi all was a great day well done to all who made the meet, and for them that didnt shame coz it was good. Was good to meet new faces & old & look forward to the next one Congrat & thanks to WB for taking the time sorting the meet, she done another grand job. As WB said the trip home was alfull so we took our time and got back all save and sound.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/02/2009 23:58  

was great seeing old faces and new today .... had a fab day and was well worth braving the cold (even if i was in car lol) deffo do it again when its warmer and will even bring the bike lol glad all are home safe by the sounds of it even poor sumo who got caught in the snow hugs hun you must be froze.

Update Reply
jabecs @ 02/02/2009 00:04  

Hehehe!

I didn't have to do much... just say the time and the place and ask "Who's giving me a lift?" ;o)

A warmer meet there would definitely be a good idea Jabecs - lots of bikes next time and no snow to ride home in - sounds like a plan!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 02/02/2009 00:15  

*tuts @ WIlls and his boggling mind!*

;o)

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 02/02/2009 00:16  

Doesn't take much to boggle my mind. That and the assertion on the news wires that you're gonna get 10 inches tonight. Of snow, that is.

Update Reply
Wills @ 02/02/2009 00:28  

*ponders the wisdom of responding "But I've already had 6" tonight!"*

*decides that would be a very poor idea indeed*

Apologies for the photo delay... I''m having challenges compressing the file sizes... need shuteye and will try again tomorrow ;o)

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 02/02/2009 00:52  

Snow ????????????????

Update Reply
micksaway @ 02/02/2009 01:03  

Snow joke Mick!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 02/02/2009 01:04  

Was good meeting you folks today, i'm majorly glad my ride was a short one, hat off to those who biked a proper journey! Hope you're all back safe 'n' sound.

Update Reply
njl @ 02/02/2009 01:30  

Looking out the windows this morning, I'm glad I went home when I did. I followed a gritter on the A4 between Marlborough and Hungerford and even managed to give the bike a quick rinse to get rid of the disgusting stuff they spread these days before the major snowfall came.

On the subject of staffs and pagans, the gentleman who arrived by bike and took a walk to do his devotions was no less than Sunbeam S8 mounted. A rare bike in sound but unrestored condition. I took a picture but haven't figured a way to compress my pics for loading onto BM. I normally post pics by using Photobucket but perhaps the Fujifilm software can reduce them when I figure out how to use it.

Let's do it again sometime.

Update Reply
Cataraptor @ 02/02/2009 07:00  

There is a roundabout route you can use Cata...

Load the pic onto p-bucket. and resize it. Save the resized version back to your puter. Upload to BM.

Annoyingly circuitous, but it works! ;o)

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 02/02/2009 07:42  

Annoyingly circuitous, but it works! ;o)

So much for THAT statement!

Ruddy p-bucket keeps crashing on me... Only managed to resize a few pics so far... Will try again later...

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 02/02/2009 08:46  

OK... scratch that Cata...

Go onto iPhoto and click the pic you want... then click on the email icon at the bottom of the screen... it asks you what size pic you want to email and compresses the file size to whichever option you select.

Then you can save the re-sized file :o)

I thought I couldn't do it as I don't use Mac emailing, but it works.

With thanks to Symehawk! ;o)

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 02/02/2009 09:02  

Ohhhh helllllls i used the the BM resier but now they have got RED borders *what*

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/02/2009 09:32  

Duly uploaded

I've been a little selective with my arty farty stone shots... and the messing about ones from the car journey home, but I thought it was worth popping one up... going from sunny blue skies and a beautiful sunset to driving snow...

I've scrubbed out the reg. no's where I've spotted 'em... Not that there's much point with Shooter's Custom JCB

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 02/02/2009 09:33  

It don't like your pics Nodrog, that's for sure. Can't click on them without getting an error message...

What format are your pics in?

By that I mean... what's the type of document? It saves it as a name/number followed by a dot and then 3 letters... What are the 3 letters after the dot?

I think your software is probably saving them as a document type not supported by the BM facilities, if that makes sense to you?

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 02/02/2009 09:35  

Oh maybe im doing it all wrong they are saved as .jpg Best i get them deleated and try again.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/02/2009 09:46  

Nope...

.jpg is perfick... there must be summat else causing the problem...

*ponders*

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 02/02/2009 09:48  

Hey guys some great photos there..looks like you had a good day!

Update Reply
Karey @ 02/02/2009 10:43  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email