MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

What was ur fav 80's tv programme?

What was ur fav 80's tv programme? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] What was ur fav 80's tv programme? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

What was ur fav 80's tv programme?

Blakes 7 as Dr Who and Black Adder wasn't transmitted in the german TV,... :(((( But the Tripods, yes i remember that. How cheap was that made. However, i forgot to mention THE MUPPET SHOW, The fraggles and the cartoon pink panther

Update Reply
BadGer67 @ 13/10/2008 14:12  

does anyone remember a cartoon space programme called space patrol?, and fireball xl5 was just great, I so wanted to be Venus,she was the plastic fantastic of the day!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/10/2008 14:55  

Ghosty wrote: 'Get to bed you furry tailed nutter!' Yeah I know it was 3.51 am but I am getting my moneys worth lol !!!!!

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 13/10/2008 17:27  

Now i know this thread is about 80's programmes, but reading through your messages has reminded me of a programme that was about when i was a nipper. It was called 'The Singing Ringing Tree'. And it was the darkest, most mind disturbing thing i have ever seen! It had an evil pixie type creature in it, that could magic up a thorn hedge at will, and his sole aim in life was to terrify a princess. Something like that anyway, but thats about as much as i want to recall, because this flippin programme gave me nightmares well into adulthood, and i'm loathe to encourage them back!! (Was full on slow motion stylee...aaaggghhh!!!) I've been told its available on dvd, if anyone does, or has watched it, i'd love to know what you think, but just remember, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Update Reply
Triumph_Sy @ 13/10/2008 17:38  

Could be a new Tim Burton film that, ArfurB....... What gives me nightmares to this day was the original 'Time Machine' film, the Warlocks and those eyes, arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 13/10/2008 17:44  

Ha ha!! yeah, i remember that one!! Don't wanna hijack this thread, think i'll try a new one, see if anyone else wants to add anything......

Update Reply
Triumph_Sy @ 13/10/2008 17:53  

of course, no hijacking, cough splutter..... cant remember if I mentioned the Muppet Show yet? apologies if I did also 'Pipkins', anyone remember Hartley Hare and Octavia ? I used to run home from school on a lunch time to watch them followed by ' The Sullivans', very dodgy but when there was only one or two channels in those days, it was as good as lunchtime viewing got! and finally 'Chorlton and the Wheelies', ace !

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 13/10/2008 17:59  

Chorlton! WOOHOO! ELLO LITTLE OLD LADY!

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 13/10/2008 18:06  

Ghosty wrote : ELLO LITTLE OLD LADY! You can cut that out Sharkey!

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 13/10/2008 18:23  

i loved chorton and the wheelies!!! loved the theme tune!! what was the witch called?? she was green and lived in a tea pot!! and had that telescope thingy??

Update Reply
diamondsabre @ 13/10/2008 18:24  

So many favourite programmes to list...bring back the 80s (well telly anyway!) how about films? Mad Max films, Grease, ET, theres a start...so many again to mention...cinema cost a quid on a Weds eve in Loughborough so all us students used to go cos it was cheaper than putting the heating on!!! LOL

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 13/10/2008 19:03  

does anyone remember willow the wisp it was great

Update Reply
bostonbiceps @ 13/10/2008 19:38  

yeah bostonbiceps.... i loved willow the wisp..... aurther the catapillar...... mavis the fairy and that funny tv witch evil edna! she used her arials to cast spells............lol

Update Reply
diamondsabre @ 13/10/2008 20:20  

Yes I remember Willow the Wisp too..... Mr Benn was a fave too, tho think he was in the 70's, as was Bagpuss ? I used to love the Dukes of Hazzard too, Bo Duke in his tight blue jeans,mmmmmmmmm tho his bro Lukes hairy chest drove a young teen Nut nuts!

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 13/10/2008 21:26  

Bagpuss!! "We will mend it, we will fix it ...." Those mice were ace.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 13/10/2008 22:25  

awww yehhh... i loved those mice..and Professor Yaffel ..the woodpecker !! Wot abart the Clangers !!!! (bet yr all whistling now eh) lol and the Soup Dragon!

Update Reply
Karey @ 13/10/2008 22:41  

what about the a team with the black van mr.t crazy fool murdoch and the crap shooting every week i think i'm right in saying the worst ever injury on the show was a grazed knee

Update Reply
bostonbiceps @ 14/10/2008 18:01  

'The Tomorrow People', now that was one weird kids programme. Could never decide if i wanted to be a blue or green!

Update Reply
Triumph_Sy @ 14/10/2008 22:49  

Does anyone remember a programme about little cannibals?!? I think it was more 70's than 80's poss even late 60's ! All i can remember is, i think there were string puppets, and there was a song abart the chief cannibal.. it was something like... "Big Chief Bilbos getting very cross, boomalaccka wee, boomalaccka wee" Me and my middle brother usedta love it..but neither of us can rember the name.. and nobody we've asked have heard of it .. which is a bit worrying.... Sooooooo please ..somebody help my sanity here !!!!!

Update Reply
Karey @ 15/10/2008 08:03  

dont remember that one karey hun........can u remember rent a ghost n trap door? lol

Update Reply
RC @ 01/11/2008 21:01  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email