MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Bm xmas party sat 13th dec

Bm xmas party sat 13th dec (5) - Forums [Biker Match] Bm xmas party sat 13th dec (5) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Bm xmas party sat 13th dec

Friar GateDerby, DE1 1BU01332 331155Get directions

Update Reply
RC @ 06/11/2008 17:14  

wannabe, would it not be possible for you to have your dad in front seat and have seat reclined to take pressure off wound area. In reclined possition he could even go on his side and prop him with rolled up blanket. If pressure sore lower area and he must sit, try an inflatable ring for him to sit on. like a swimming ring for kids. Hope all goes well this time.....

Update Reply
Bikerchick21 @ 06/11/2008 19:41  

Thanks for trying BC :o)

Unfortunately he's totally paralysed from the chest down and it's nigh on impossible to transfer him from his wheelchair to a car seat (we have a hydraulic hoist to get him out of bed and into the wheelchair)

He doesn't have the strength to do a transfer using a sliding board and always splits the skin when he does try! lol

Had he received the proper rehab at the time, he might have had the strength and learned how to do everything properly... however, it's now 2 and a half years later and he's over 70... what strength he had has long since gone, despite my best efforts to get him to exercise his upper body.

So he has to travel in the wheelchair in the trusty old Kangoo... we've spent hundreds and hundreds on various fancy cushions to try and adjust the pressure but while they seem to be effective for general wheelchair use (he's up to 6 hours a day now - something of a personal best! lol), a car journey any more than an hour or so always seems to wreck the skin again.

Highly frustrating! I have commissioned TeeCee to design a fully reclining wheelchair for him ;o)

Really appreciate your post though - thanks :o)

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 06/11/2008 19:56  

who else is comin on the xmas meal? not long to go now woohoo lol

Update Reply
RC @ 10/11/2008 23:38  

Still 4 weeks to go, and is this lass excitable or wot? I'm thinking "What's she like on Xmas morning?"

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/11/2008 12:05  

not telling thats my little secret XKL pmsl hehehehehehehe

Update Reply
RC @ 12/11/2008 15:09  

just a little *bump* lol

Update Reply
RC @ 20/11/2008 14:23  

See the events calendar for all details of both DAY and EVENING events, any questions ask RC http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_detai...ent_id=266

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/11/2008 05:52  

Thanks kwak x

Update Reply
RC @ 30/11/2008 16:17  

my pleasure RC Not long now folks, don't forget to buy your film / batteries for your camera and don't forget to add your photos to the event page.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 01/12/2008 22:57  

batteries are on charge, room to stay is booked, fancydress is sorted. Now where is it I am supposed to be going. gosh age does strange things to minds.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 02/12/2008 00:08  

Don't forget yer extra thick denier(?) tights CG, chances are it will be a tad nippy at the end of the evening!

Update Reply
Triumph_Sy @ 02/12/2008 00:12  

got them packed already Arf along with my thermal vest, heaven help any guy who tries it on with me by the time they have got through all the layers they will have either forgotten what they where going to do, be bored or just too tired. Best contraception ever being an old lady who likes to layer up for the winter months.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 02/12/2008 00:18  

LMFAO!....hehe!..what you like?!:o)... Remember to take yer rollers out of your hair BEFORE you leave the room you've booked:o)...,might not go too well with yer fancy dress costume!...mind you, having said that...they may actually be a major part of said costume, knowing you!lol!

Update Reply
Triumph_Sy @ 02/12/2008 00:23  

Arf I am more worried about forgetting to take my false teeth out of the bedside glass than leaving my rollers in, especially now I am also going the meal at lunch time, have you ever tried trying to suck your way through a chinese, ( hang on maybe you should answer that)

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 02/12/2008 00:30  

oooh i still ant got mi outfit sorted yet !! Blimey i best get mi skates on !!! lol

Update Reply
Karey @ 02/12/2008 00:44  

*chooses to very wisely side step CG last message*! Um....er....oh, nice new pic Kaz:o) (phew):o)

Update Reply
Triumph_Sy @ 02/12/2008 01:01  

Um....er....oh, nice new pic Kaz:o) (phew):o) Arf.....am i missin sumfin here??? lol

Update Reply
Karey @ 02/12/2008 07:17  

whos comin on the meal in the afternoon? please let me know cheers from RC xx

Update Reply
RC @ 03/12/2008 23:15  

we also holding a mini raffle on the night time if u dont mind bringing a small prize raising a bit more money for the paramedics thanks again xxxxxx

Update Reply
RC @ 03/12/2008 23:17  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email