MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Charley Boorman and BMW Off-Road School WALES September 2008

Charley Boorman and BMW Off-Road School WALES September 2008 - Forums [Biker Match] Charley Boorman and BMW Off-Road School WALES September 2008 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Charley Boorman and BMW Off-Road School WALES September 2008

Charley Boorman at BMW’s off-road school<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> WALES</o:p> <o:p></o:p> HAVING returned from his latest global-trotting adventure, ‘By Any Means’, Charley Boorman will be lending a helping hand to Simon Pavey and his instructors at selected BMW Off Road Skills courses in September at Walters Arena, Enduro Park, WALES<o:p></o:p> Charley said, “I know I've just crossed the globe again and should probably be having a bit of time off, but I just love riding off-road with Simon and his guys. Simon always says that I can come to his school anytime; although I'm not sure he means it! Riding at the huge enduro park is so much fun and when you've got such good instructors you really can't help enjoying yourself.” <o:p></o:p> Six-times <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Dakar</st1:place></st1:City> competitor Simon, who recently finished the world's longest rally, the Transorientale, said, “It'll be really good to see Charley up at the school again. His enthusiasm for riding bikes is infectious and he really does add an extra dimension to the day's training. I'd never employ him as an instructor though; he just rides around all day with a big grin on his face enjoying himself too much!” <o:p></o:p> Customers will be able to join Charley when he attends the two-day Level One BMW Off Road Skills courses on .12-13 September and 24-25 September<o:p></o:p> ==========<o:p></o:p> Customers are able to choose from a G 650 XCountry, G 650 XChallenge, F 800 GS or R 1200 GS for both the Level One Basic and Advanced courses, subject to availability.<o:p></o:p> Participants must be over 21 years of age and have a full and valid motorcycle licence for riding in the <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">United Kingdom</st1:place></st1:country-region>. All course participants are grouped according to riding ability and must have a good level of fitness.<o:p></o:p> The two-day Level One Basic and Advanced Off-Road Skills courses cost £449.<o:p></o:p> The price includes two days of instruction, motorcycle hire, third party insurance, fuel, two lunches and one evening meal, refreshments and a certificate of completion. It does not include accommodation or evening drinks.<o:p></o:p> For other important details, such as what to wear and how to book, go to www. worldofbmw.com then click on ‘off-road skills’ <o:p> </o:p>

Update Reply
Sandi @ 30/08/2008 07:18  

How come learners aint allowed? Not that I could even if they were cos I'm not fit enough anymore but it seems to me that learners would benefit the most from off road training, or am I wrong?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 30/08/2008 07:25  

I would imagine kwak that its becouse the bikes are 650 and above. I'm alo sure it wont be just a muddy field either. It seems charley has found his niche in life. Still not getting any acting roles. Or trying to live up to his dads fame. I shall be watching tonight though.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 30/08/2008 12:26  

You have to ride the bikes on public roads to get to the area you do the off road ridding . Its not all muddy fields either . You ride up & down some quite steep hills & also though some not so shallow streams Its a great course i did it last year after coming back from ridding to Dakar including ridding off road across parts of the Sahara & other places (8500m trip about 1000m off road) & i still learned a lot & would recommend it to anyone. Kev

Update Reply
Kev from Keent @ 04/09/2008 14:25  

I would imagine kwak that its becouse the bikes are 650 and above. I know the bikes are over 125cc blues, that doesn't answer my question about why they don't allow/include learners. Mind you I'd probably cack meself if I did off-roading these days, not as brave as I once was

Update Reply
Sandi @ 06/09/2008 11:14  

This is something i still want to do. there is the BMW and the sanders as wel offer a course. I am looking inot the enduro africa next october so would benefit from haveing this under my belt I think

Update Reply
earthwind @ 08/09/2008 11:50  

a mate of mine reccomended this place wwwdoti2imcadotcom up in Yorkshire - he did say that you don't have to have a full licence either as it's all on private roads/tracks. He said it was a brilliant day & he's trying to get a group of peeps together to go back again.

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 08/09/2008 11:58  

Thanks for that, Hfg! I will pass it on to the guys and gals interested in motocross & trials lessons.

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 08/09/2008 12:38  

are you gonna have a go at this kwak if it doesnt matter if you have yer test would be good fun \

hi holm firth g i couldnt get the link up to have a look duh (perhaps a senior moment)

Update Reply
earthwind @ 08/09/2008 16:32  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email