MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

2 x Charity Events HAMPSHIRE

2 x Charity Events HAMPSHIRE - Forums [Biker Match] 2 x Charity Events HAMPSHIRE - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

2 x Charity Events HAMPSHIRE

Hi guys, I am organising 2 events in September in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support. On Sunday 21st Sept I am organising a Charity Bike Run, setting out from Dockgate 20 Harley Davidson from 9.30am. It is about a 70 mile ride, stopping at 3 checkpoints along the way... Soton - Salisbury - Thruxton - Romsey - Soton (to be confirmed) to collect 'stamps' in your entry card. One winner pulled at random from those completed wins £25. Its £5 per bike/trike to enter and it is on EVENTS page and I'd love it if all local BMers could either join in with the ride or perhaps help me with Marshalling/Admin please?? Please add your names to take part or PM me to offer help!! Thanks The other event, the one that kicked it all off really, is a Charity Ball with auction, live music, magician, disco and a luxury buffet which is being held on Tuesday 30th Sept at the Concorde Club in Eastleigh. Tickets for this event are £28 each but for all that entertainment, food, and the fact its again for Macmillan we think its worth it!! So.... does anyone fancy a posh BM meet? Its a black tie doo but a suit will be fine if you don't have a tux and its a great chance for us girlies to buy a new dress!!! I can reserve a prime table if there is lots of interest but only payment of the £28 for your ticket will secure your place(s)!! This one isn't on events yet but I will get round to it after work!! Phew... off to cool down my keyboard now!! Catch you all soon, Wiccan xxx

Update Reply
wiccan-one @ 24/07/2008 09:01  

Excellent stuff Wiccan! I'll be a definite maybe for both events... with hopefully more of a definitely definite after Tuesday, when I should have more of an idea of my likely schedule for the next few months. A *really* worthwhile cause. I wish you every success with your events

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 24/07/2008 09:12  

Thanks hun! I am loving the organising of the events and really hope we get good attendance to both! Hope you can make it! Take care, Leigh xx

Update Reply
wiccan-one @ 25/07/2008 09:43  

So do I ! I'm probably expecting miracles if I imagine the NHS will actually get round to doing anything for me within the next couple of months, but you never know your luck?!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 25/07/2008 10:06  

* bump *

Update Reply
wiccan-one @ 03/08/2008 16:47  

Hi Wiccan I can't do the Charity ride or even help sorry am already away that weekend but I would love to go to Concorde Club if you let me know what I have to do as it isn't on the events page!!! Mazza x

Update Reply
Mazza @ 03/08/2008 17:36  

Wiccan sorry I can't offer any help or be there but good luck with raising loadsa dosh for Macmillan, they looked after my eldest sister until she died.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 03/08/2008 18:39  

It is on the events page now Mazza and everyone!! Kwak, thanks for your support. They really are a great bunch of people making such a difference that I am really pleased to be helping them with these events

Update Reply
wiccan-one @ 06/08/2008 09:30  

Concorde Club.... Think we've played there.... Moi must apologise, but those events clash with prior commitments in Moi's schedule... Perchance you could have your people re-arrange the dates so that Moi may attend? Hope it all goes well, hon!!!!

Update Reply
ttaskmaster @ 06/08/2008 11:33  

Hey up trouble - might be up for both these - will check diary and give you a bell soonest *hope Macmillan dont mind someone from the ''opposition'' turning up* hehe

Update Reply
ZZRpilot @ 08/08/2008 15:51  

Ttaskmaster - har har, it took long enough to set these dates!! Thanks for the well wish tho Pobbley - yay, be great if you can attend both! (Might pressgang you into helping with the charity ride too!!! ) Opposition... hey, we are all fighting the good cause no matter which 'cancer charity' we support! Leigh xx

Update Reply
wiccan-one @ 13/08/2008 05:56  

Bump! Few names down for the bike run - YAY! Anyone else fancy tagging along too?? 21st September... its on EVENTS page :o)

Update Reply
wiccan-one @ 01/09/2008 16:30  

http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_detai...ent_id=278

Update Reply
Sandi @ 01/09/2008 16:36  

Le bump!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 17/09/2008 16:33  

Ride this Sunday IS STILL ON! Charity Ball on 30th is CANCELLED See you all on Sunday, 9.30am start!

Update Reply
wiccan-one @ 18/09/2008 06:27  

Good luck on the Run sorry to hear about the ball. I can't make the run myself as i am playing the Godfather 4 in a local church on sunday. Hmmm Pagan With being a godfather in a catholic church. i will be looking for large piles of wood on my way in.

Update Reply
Phil @ 18/09/2008 07:46  

LOL Pagan!

Update Reply
wiccan-one @ 18/09/2008 16:22  

The weather was bloomin marvellous and we had a great day! Shame the attendance was lower than we had hoped, but it was nice to meet 2 more BMers from the South! Managed to raise about £270 plus whatever was in the collection bottles which go straight to Macmillan for emptying... Thanks to Brad and Peach for making it.... without hangovers!... see you guys again soon I hope! Lovely to bump into Maz and her fella too! Start reading the events page again Maz hun!!! Wiccan & Monkey

Update Reply
wiccan-one @ 21/09/2008 14:19  

well done hunnie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Update Reply
RC @ 21/09/2008 14:35  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email