MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Faro International Rally ..anybody been?

Faro International Rally ..anybody been? - Forums [Biker Match] Faro International Rally ..anybody been? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Faro International Rally ..anybody been?

http://www.motoclubefaro.pt/ I'm going to this, just booked the flights £137 from Manchester! and the camp site is a 5 min walk from the airport !! Just wondering if anyones been before? Or anybody else goin this year? Looks awesome !! Wooooo hoooooooo ..got mi giddy kipper head on !!!

Update Reply
Karey @ 01/07/2008 08:38  

Mates have been it's bloody Huge apparantly makes FYP look like YPR lol Plus for your £40 Euro entry you get most that back in Goodies Tee shirt free entry to draws food vouchers etc

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 01/07/2008 10:45  

lol @ Hull... more like a tea party in yr bak yard ! yep the 'freebies' are definately worth it.....and the shows/music is brilliant. All this ..and right beside the sea too ! Do u fancy marshalling ?

Update Reply
Karey @ 01/07/2008 13:14  

too faro for me ha

Update Reply
thundercat @ 01/07/2008 17:14  

lol.. theres allas one !!

Update Reply
Karey @ 01/07/2008 18:01  

Make that two...must be the viking in me, but at first reading I thought it was in the Faroe Islands, half way to the north pole! Dohhhhhh!!!!

Update Reply
Wills @ 01/07/2008 18:11  

lol Wills.... i gotta admit.. i was edging towards Egypt when it was first mentioned....... Me and geography never did get on !

Update Reply
Karey @ 01/07/2008 18:21  

Always been my intention to get there. will be doin it the hard way though by taking a fortnight off work and biking it there and back. Might as well just go to bulldog if it wasnt for the journey. Check this out. http://www.motoclubefaro.pt/

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 01/07/2008 20:45  

Little tip for the faroes.......the women are out of this world!...they must have a seriously sexy gene pool!... Also if you avoid the tunnels that link the islands and take the old overland route you will find scenery to rival Scotland and the road to yourself. Torshavn has eight bars and four nightclubs and has quite a modern outlook, other places are striaght from the 60s and 70s with attitudes to match. You'll find pretty much a 0% crime rate as well. oh and no speed cameras!

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 02/07/2008 01:58  

ooooooooh THAT faro.......skiddles off and hides.......IGNORE LAST POST LOL

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 02/07/2008 01:59  

pmsl Ghosty...now im confused ... EXACTLY where am i going??!? hehehe

Update Reply
Karey @ 02/07/2008 04:05  

If you go by your own bike (expect it to be hemmed in as when you arrive loads are arriving behind you and just pitch up in the next available spot lol) do not expect to be able to use it till leaving time.

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 02/07/2008 04:28  

Theres also a free bus that runs all the time in/out of camp. I'm hoping theres some camping in the shade..as i've heard you're best getting outta yr tent by 7am ..as its like a sauna... mmmmmmm mite try sleepin outside the tent..! lol

Update Reply
Karey @ 02/07/2008 04:35  

"do not expect to be able to use it till leaving time" Having just taken a 4 day ride i would have no intention of going anywhere on my bike untill the trip home. it would cut into me drinkin time.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 02/07/2008 15:20  

Bluesbiker who knows maybe after you have your hips sorted you will be able to ride that far next year. Set it as your goal

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 02/07/2008 16:19  

Hiya - did Faro last year and had such a fab time doing again this year - and talked more mates into coming along. You'll love it!

Update Reply
countess @ 03/07/2008 15:10  

Hi Countess...and welcome to BM! I can't wait to get there now.. only 8 days to go !!! woooo hoooooo ! Mite see u there... tho its that big.. mebbes not lol I'm afraid I'm doing the cheating route and flying there.. ..i kno.. i kno......but i just can't get the time off to travel by bike. Has anyone worn their waistcoat complete wiv rally pin badges on a plane? or carried it in their luggage? or are pin badges a strictly no-no ??? Also..does anyone know the rules/regs on taking lotions in bottles? I've heard you have to decant them into 100ml bottles?!!?

Update Reply
Karey @ 08/07/2008 16:07  

100ml bottles if hand luggage - whatever you want in hold luggage... as for pin badges, I'd play safe and stash it in my hold luggage if I were you...

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 08/07/2008 17:39  

Got back last night.........WOW !!! this is the ULTIMATE rally !!!!!!! Was absolutely amazing ! You gotta experience it ! Arrived Thursday...was a bit further than a '5 min walk'...mebbes a 10/15 mins .. (about a mile) .. and just a constant stream of bikes.. Awesome! After paying our 40 Euros and receiving our goody bag...(free T-shirt/patch badge/metal badge/sticker/metal plaque thingy/3 free food vouchers/3 free competition entries ..and a packet of condoms) lol....we went to pitch our tent. (word of advice...the ground is solid! lol) there are lots of trees, so you're bound to be under the shade..it just depends where the sun is ! lol The next thing was to go get a nice cold beer !! u need to buy beer tokens.. and a small beer was around 42p and a large beer around 84p... not bad at all It was very hot...but there's a huge Hanger-type chill out Marque wiv ample seating right near the main stage where u can get outta the sun. Theres also the Oasis Bar where u can see some good live bands and when there's no bands on theres a DJ. Theres also a Pool u can cool off in ..tho it dint look too inviting ..lol I preferred to jus get under the (outdoor) showers and cool off (fully clothed..i hasten to add) !! lol Finally crashed out ...and tried gettin sum sleep..tho theres bikes arriving all the time.. woke up Friday..and we were surrounded by bikes..wiv just enuff room to get outta the tent ! lol Friday...another constant stream of bikes arriving.. awesome! More beer...Live bands.. Led Zepp tribute band....more beer...sideshows..sand sculpture.. lots of stalls.. food.. cant remember much more about Friday ...lol Saturday.. EVEN MORE BIKES ARRIVING!! This seems to be the most popular day.. Bike Show.. more beer...live bands..Gary Moore, awesome guitar !!! music dint stop till 8.30am !!! Blues brothers band.. fire eaters.. cant remember much more... im sure it will start coming back to me....... lol Sunday.. awards.. competitions.. ( nearly won a brand new Kawasaki !! well... i had as much chance as everyone else!! lol) or was that Saturday?!?! ooooh it all became a blur lol Then mass exodus....most people left..only seemed to be us Brits left... wonder if that was cos of the 'free beer' ?!?! lol All the staff jus seemed to go .. everything shuts down..no music no food.. only a cuppla little bars left open. One was giving out free beer till it ran out.. then the other one was left but still taking the tokens. Got the free bus down to the beach ...great sandy beach...awesome big waves.. !! got sumthing to eat.. and chilled out. Got back to the campsite.. hada few more beers.. chiild out wiv sum mates then tried to get sum shut eye..needed to be up early to get flight home.. not much sleep.. ppl partying all night long.. bikes revving.. lol Got up....packed up..f***ed off ...... Wiv sum brilliant memories of the ultimate rally !! Hope to go by bike next year, hope to see some of you there !!!!

Update Reply
Karey @ 22/07/2008 05:43  

Welcome back Karey - quality rally report!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 22/07/2008 06:59  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email